United and Boxing Day

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1973Blade

Reaction score
We sometimes think that the powers that be have it in for us. But the fixture list has been generous to us when it comes to Boxing Day matches. We've only played one away game on Boxing Day since 2009 (famously at Port Vale in December 2015 when fans struggled to get home). For ten points, who did we play away from home on Boxing Day 2009?

We sometimes think that the powers that be have it in for us. But the fixture list has been generous to us when it comes to Boxing Day matches. We've only played one away game on Boxing Day since 2009 (famously at Port Vale in December 2015 when fans struggled to get home). For ten points, who did we play away from home on Boxing Day 2009?
Leicester. Also we did have Wigan on boxing day too but it got rained off and also did we have Preston the other year which also got called off. Think that was Boxing day. May be wrong.

Yes, just checked, the Preston one was the covid excuse days

Well that didn't take long did it, ffs.
What day are we celebrating Don Givens day ?
Then there's that fucking hamster haired twat Gorden Strachan for sitting on the pitch hoardings after scoring, twat.
Terry Curran is still a cunt too.

Boxing Day 1964 played Man U and lost 1-0 played them again two days later at Old Trafford and managed a 1-1 draw................i was 10.

Does any of the "old timers" on here wish we still played those Xmas double header games against the same team ?

I do.

Look who scored for Man U.

Sheffield_United_-_Manchester_United,_Dec_26,_1964_-_First_Division_(-_91_92)_-_Statistics_Tra...png

Boxing Day 1964 played Man U and lost 1-0 played them again two days later at Old Trafford and managed a 1-1 draw................i was 10.

Does any of the "old timers" on here wish we still played those Xmas double header games against the same team ?

I do.

View attachment 176692
The only time he scored at Bramall Lane

I do.

View attachment 176692
Look at the difference in team values even then, and foreigners stat, 4 Irish & 1 Scottish!

Well that didn't take long did it, ffs.
What day are we celebrating Don Givens day ?
Then there's that fucking hamster haired twat Gorden Strachan for sitting on the pitch hoardings after scoring, twat.
Terry Curran is still a cunt too.
That wasn't boxing day v Leeds that was September

Abandoned the car at about 2:30am just off the parkway and walked the rest 2015. Fin times. Did bash get sent off or am I conflating things in my memory?

Abandoned the car at about 2:30am just off the parkway and walked the rest 2015. Fin times. Did bash get sent off or am I conflating things in my memory?
2014, got back about midnight I think so bit luckier than you. Somebody got sent off yes in the first half. So guess you'll be reyt with bash.

I do.

View attachment 176692

Four under 20's for us two under 20's for Man U if your good enough you're old enough, anyone think we hold on to youngsters for too long now?

Boxing day v Hull City and beat them 4-2
Peter beagrie scored 2 of the best goals I've ever seen at the lane.

Back
Top Bottom