2015/16 Home Kit

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

zablade

Reaction score
We are going to suffer a quadrupole whammy next season.

League one football.
Clough still in charge.
Another Mid table finish (at best)
Terrible Kit.

Sirius

Teaching Kiwis not to pick up the ball
Reaction score
lets try it we were going nowhere in current strip , it worked for southampton and its not for life
and it is the original kit we wore , the thick stripes are the later one
Diabastrous NB Red and white striped shirt Proper stripes Black shorts Red socks with white top PLEASE
As far as I am aware, the original shirt was not sullied with the advertising of some plank or other.

grafikhaus

Kraft durch Freude
Reaction score
If the club wanted reaction, they've certainly got it! First off, people don't like change so we were always going to get comments like we're getting. Second, yes the 'stripes' are not discernible from the sidelines and the shirts look all-white. I've no problems with this. Two teams who play in blue/maroonish shirts - Barca and Palace - look purple.

Am I happy at this complete change from the red white & black? Not at all, but McCabe didn't want to have wasted his money on the 'Sheffield's Red & White' banners. ;)

If we were going for such a radical change, I think more consultation - rather than the fait accompli we've been presented with - would have been more appropriate. But what I can never, ever agree with is the change of badge.

The standard circular badge we've had for so long is a fucking design classic! Right up there with the Austin Mini and red telephone box. It's simple, clean, symmetrical design was awesome. This 'shield' is a tacky effort - very similar to the pigs' badge. Where the fuck did the lion come from? Are we Villa? Has one escaped from Norton Zoo?

upload_2015-3-22_6-12-4.png or
You decide...

Deej

Reaction score
I quite like it and will be buying one, because of how it looks not because of the the rest of the bullshit.

It's a kit at the end of the day, nothing more, nothing less. It doesn't really matter what we play in (providing it isn't Blue of course)

When I go on my jollies this year and someone in a bar asks who I support, when I say Sheffield United they're not going to say "oh, that's them lads that play in that white shirt with the pinstripe and red shorts. There kit is bloody awful, it should be red and white".

They're much more likely to say "oh, that team who have been stuck in the third division for 5 years and are rubbish at playoffs, you're a decent cup team though." (unless we do win them this year!)

The kit we play in doesn't create history or make United who they are, it's what we do on the pitch that does that.

S60 unitedite

Reaction score
Why don't they commemorate the past 124 years of us wearing red and white and wear red and White. It has nothing to do with history just the kit Adidas wanted us to have and the heritage element is a spin to get people on side. Why even bother with a badge seen as it was just a plain white top at first and no sponsors.
Can't believe it has been done without fan consultation. If jim Phipps and selahattin baki are the men of the people that some blades buy they would have asked what we wanted x

Fulwood Blade

Reaction score
Can't believe it has been done without fan consultation. If jim Phipps and selahattin baki are the men of the people that some blades buy they would have asked what we wanted x
Exactly - and if they had have asked the fans - it wouldn't have happened.

UTB

Coily

Reaction score
Another positive I have about the shirt is that it's £40 as opposed to this seasons £45.

TarquinDelouche

is not here.
Reaction score
Here's the collar and the material

View attachment 11059 View attachment 11060

put them together and get

View attachment 11061

Course it's not generic. Sigh
Apart from the fact that the sleeves, the stripes on the sleeves and the collar are different, you're right. Exactly the same. Oh, and the number of pinstripes. EXACTLY the same. Apart from those four things. The sleeves, the stripes on the sleeves, the collar and the number of pinstripes. In the sense that it's a shirt made by a company called Adidas and will be worn by a football team, it's just a generic shirt. Boo! Sack the pinstripes!

S60 unitedite

Reaction score
If you ask the fans you'll never get an agreement on anything.
You take a vote of designs like before or a yes/no about the mostly white kit
It has just come out of the blue and the people who think this board has been open because they are on Twitter have been proved wrong in my opinion x

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Top Bottom