Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. F

Pete Whitney RIP

Really sorry to hear this today. RIP Pete ⚔️💕
  2. F

United 3 Chelsea 0 - report and pod

I know what you mean about running out of superlatives. Just got home from a visit to my folks. Sat in the garden, and the conversation went along the lines of.. Dad - So, what did you make of the game? Me - I have no words Dad - I know what you mean. We were good weren't we.. It's lovely...
  3. F

What's your favourite bit of praise for the Blades?

I'm sort of struggling with all this!.. I'm more used to having to "defend" Utd when we've had some success in the past.. Always welcomed the occasional positive comment from a neutral, true.. But, frankly, they're becoming tiresome now! ... .What a time to be a Blade ⚔💕⚔
  4. F

The Big 250 for Basham

He's a joy.. Thought he'd be the one, who would fall short(est!) in the Prem..Stupid me, he's been superb. 2nd best Chris at the Lane. Love him.. UTB
  5. F

Team of the decade

Easy: Henderson Baldock, Basham, Egan, O'Connell, Stevens Lundstram, Norwood, Fleck Mousset, McGoldrick :)
  6. F

A goodbye from Boo

So sorry to hear. Much love to Boo and Jehovah's nearest and dearest xx
  7. F

What am I going to wake up to tomorrow morning?

... singing in an Oirish accent , the Sheff United waaaay.
  8. F

Benjamin Bloom Best Championship XI

He could have just put his 11 and subs up, without explanation.. But I quite like his explanations..I don't watch all the stuff he does, but thought that was pretty concise in terms of summarising a season!
  9. F

EFL on Quest

Thanks for posting the link. Great stuff...Thought the lino in front of us was yards behind play on a couple of occasions first half, and got his decisions badly wrong...So thanks for that :oops: Moving swiftly on...Michael Brown's carving himself a nice career in punditry. I've heard him...
  10. F

When Basham...

..is on the team sheet..I think to myself, what a wonderful world :)
  11. F

United 2 Brentford 0 - report

I'm in the South Stand, about 10 rows behind our dugout. Seemed a pretty senseless hack, rather than a challenge, for me. Given it was in the back of a similar swipe. I wasn't outraged about the red card. I was more disappointed in Madine. The highlights I've seen since don't look as bad, if...
  12. F

Unbelievable performance from Wilder

Cranie's a diamond. He was just a name to me, when he signed. Made sense to get a defensive body in, and expected half decent, given Wilder. He's hardly put a foot wrong. And fitted pretty seemlessly into his role.. His assist at West Brom, and his defensive play tonight..No more words required :)
  13. F

Is the atmosphere at BDBL a cause for concern?

I'm not sure that home games are any different now, to what they've ever been in my time watching us. If anything, I see more young 'uns than ever before. And do appreciate, that any crowd whatever age, can lift the team. What's most striking, to me is going to away games. There's nearly always...
  14. F

For one week only, I will be supporting Wednesday!

Ideally, we wouldn't. But, I'd quite happily accept a Wednesday win if that is/was necessary... Some might quite like that scenario, even more....Not me, by the way, prefer it just being down to what we do...UTB
  15. F

Anybody trapped in the Leppings Lane bottleneck?

You pretty much sums up my sentiments and experience entirely. Been to Hillsborough loads of times before, amongst hundreds of other away games. Perhaps I've been lucky previously, but last night was the first time I've ever felt frightened. I wasn't amongst the first out, nor the last, so...
  16. F

Good point bad point?

Appreciate your frustration, but under Wilder, "not daring" isn't something you can level at our performances often. Tonight we were poor, and deserved a point. That's all I take from tonight.
  17. F

John Lundstram

I'd never heard of Jake Wright when he signed.. I still feel pretty stupid about that...:oops:
  18. F

Mester Martin Cranie

:) It was a huge groan, and I apologise for contributing to it :(
  19. F

No Foul?!

Think the Leeds one was Kalvin Phillips. Think he was booked. Regardless, they were both shockers and it's lucky that Freeman didn't suffer serious injury on both occasions.
  20. F

Extra tickets for sty

Fair play Sheffsteel. I appreciate that. For what it's worth, I think both of us should give, each other, the upper and lower tiers..UTB
  21. F

Extra tickets for sty

I think you may have misinterpreted my post. I did not, nor would I want to encourage what is happening. I only commented because it was suggested that Chansiri was acting out of spite. I agree entirely that home supporters are the lifeblood of a club. And I suspect the Wednesday fans' reaction...
  22. F

Extra tickets for sty

I know full well they can give us more. And, yes, they are singling us out for "special treatment". I'm just suggesting that, I think it's more to do with the backlash that Chansiri would get from Wednesday fans, than any spite he could/would chose to aim at us.
  23. F

Extra tickets for sty

I think the allocation is little (if anything) to do with being spiteful. I doubt Chansiri, would miss the chance to get maximum revenue from this fixture. But he'll surely be aware of the backlash he would, inevitably, get from Wednesday fans, if he did (some of whom, wouldn't have gone...
  24. F

Tonights games

I was there too. Thankfully, forums and Twitter weren't around :eek:.. But thankfully Chris Wilder is now :D..Won't stop me being a nervous wreck, come the day..But just stops me fretting, quite as much, today :) ...UTMB
  25. F

Out of this WORLD!

HaHa, that's my sort of default attitude towards the Blades, usually. Something weird though going on in my head at the moment.. I'm not even thinking about what may or may not happen. I'm just loving watching us right now..And probably more so than in all my time as a Blade. Absolutely...
  26. F

Our beautiful, and ever so slightly bonkers system....

I love this thread. I was happy when Wilder got together a side, with every single one of them able to control a ball.. I'm so glad Chris and Alan Knill had higher expectations :)...UTB
  27. F

Shreds Day Out v WBA

I'd not realised that.. Went yesterday, and saw the Shred flag as I came back to my seat after half time. I only knew him to say hello to at away games (and I embraced that "badge of honour").. Only actual conversation I ever had with him, was, coincidentally after a West Brom game (*that one)...
  28. F

Blades Geography XI

Paul Holland Michael Sydney Trusson ..You're probably not interested, but hey ho. My mate used to write letters to the Green Un, signing them Anthony Williams (William being TCs middle name). That amused me, and being a follower not a leader, I wrote one, signing it Mike Sydney. It got...
  29. F

Kemar Roofe

Hope, Castleton and Bamford all referenced in one S2 thread..As an ex Hope Valley Blade, I'm liking it..UTB :)
  30. F

How (them lot) see us now...

Do you know I think this sums up my thoughts quite nicely. I'm interested in the bigger/better debate. But what strikes me most is that I felt the need to try and justify our style of play under Bassett and Warnock when talking to a Wednesday fan. I know I didn't have to, but still, that was...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom