Extra tickets for sty

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What ‘nice little perks’ do I get from Wednesday exactly? Enlighten me
People at your paper Danny. I didn’t specifically say you alone. I know an ex Star sports journalist so have some insight shall we say. Nicely sidetracked away from the main point though.
So, will you be doing a write up as to why Wednesday are happy to see an empty section of seats that could have been easily sold to away fans like they have been this season?

People at your paper Danny. I didn’t specifically say you alone. I know an ex Star sports journalist so have some insight shall we say. Nicely sidetracked away from the main point though.
So, will you be doing a write up as to why Wednesday are happy to see an empty section of seats that could have been easily sold to away fans like they have been this season?
‘He or his paper’.
No, I won’t. Just as I didn’t when United gave them a similar allocation (haven’t United actually got more?)

‘He or his paper’.
No, I won’t. Just as I didn’t when United gave them a similar allocation (haven’t United actually got more?)
“He or his paper” isn’t singling you out alone is it?
Your deliberate missing the point Danny and you know it. Plenty have pointed the reasons out to you and you’ve chosen to ignore it and harp on about a similar allocation.
Tell me Danny, did we leave an entire section of a stand unused at the last derby?

Lads stop wasting your time. You won’t get any of the answers you want from Danny.

“He or his paper” isn’t singling you out alone is it?
Your deliberate missing the point Danny and you know it. Plenty have pointed the reasons out to you and you’ve chosen to ignore it and harp on about a similar allocation.
Tell me Danny, did we leave an entire section of a stand unused at the last derby?
It’s hardly excluding me is it...
‘The reasons’ for what? You’ve lost me.
No, an entire section wasn’t unused.

Certainly seems that way!
I get that you come on here as a fan, like the rest of us, so you aren’t obliged to answer questions if you don’t want to. However when you also constantly plug your book for personal financial gains I think that’s what doesn’t sit well with some on here.

I get that you come on here as a fan, like the rest of us, so you aren’t obliged to answer questions if you don’t want to. However when you also constantly plug your book for personal financial gains I think that’s what doesn’t sit well with some on here.
Did it sit well with them when I helped raise cash to help with the financial cost of running the forum?

‘He or his paper’.

Wednesday had 2,200 tickets whereas United will have 2,900 tickets You do have this thing about tit for tat reciprocal arrangement but don’t seem to understand that Hillsboro has 5000 extra seats so reciprocal allocations aren’t fair as Wednesday will have 5000 more tickets for their fans in the home end. This season they can’t get anywhere near selling those tickets so every other club gives spare tickets to away fans, where possible.

Do you accept that for the derby matches Bramall Lane is currently too small.

Also you haven’t answered
whether you think it’s fair to turn away 3000 home supporters to give this tickets to Wednesday fans on the upper tier.
That’s what you’ve suggested, no rational club bites off the hand that feeds them.

I thing you’re just doing this as a wind up, so I’m done now.

Chansiri wants to save face and treat United differently to every other club but the bottom line is it’s spite
And his club will look stupid on tv with this big empty space behind the goal for a derby. The weird factor is SW have financial problems (FFP) but choose to lose revenue, but Chansiri doesn’t seem the best with his financial decisions.

Wednesday had 2,200 tickets whereas United will have 2,900 tickets You do have this thing about tit for tat reciprocal arrangement but don’t seem to understand that Hillsboro has 5000 extra seats so reciprocal allocations aren’t fair as Wednesday will have 5000 more tickets for their fans in the home end. This season they can’t get anywhere near selling those tickets so every other club gives spare tickets to away fans, where possible.

Do you accept that for the derby matches Bramall Lane is currently too small.

Also you haven’t answered
whether you think it’s fair to turn away 3000 home supporters to give this tickets to Wednesday fans on the upper tier.
That’s what you’ve suggested, no rational club bites off the hand that feeds them.

I thing you’re just doing this as a wind up, so I’m done now.

Chansiri wants to save face and treat United differently to every other club but the bottom line is it’s spite
And his club will look stupid on tv with this big empty space behind the goal for a derby.
The weird factor is FFP and lost revenue, but Chansiri doesn’t seem the best with his financial decisions.
It’s not ‘my thing’ about a reciprocal agreement. That was the deal between the clubs. You might think it’s fair or unfair but either way it’s nothing to do with me.
Why’s it matter what I think is ‘fair’? I don’t really understand what you even mean by that. That Blades are missing out? It’s unfortunate but that’s what loyalty points are there for. Wednesday could have given United 10,000 and still some would have missed out.
It may be spite, more likely not wanting to give United any more advantage. But the bottom line is that it’s his club, his choice and, as you rightly say, it’s hurting them financially.

You’re very defensive.

A lot of us have given money to support this forum, myself included, without gaining anything personally.
Is answering a point you made about me ‘defensive’? As you’ve done exactly the same in that post.
If the one post (constant?) about the book, posted with permission from the site admin, offends you, it shouldn’t be too difficult to avoid I’d have thought. There’s even an ignore function to help you even further :)

Is answering a point you made about me ‘defensive’? As you’ve done exactly the same in that post.
If the one post (constant?) about the book, posted with permission from the site admin, offends you, it shouldn’t be too difficult to avoid I’d have thought. There’s even an ignore function to help you even further :)
You constantly bump the thread to let people know you have another ‘limited’ print run going on and so on.

The main point is.....Wednesday couldn't sell all their tickets and will not give them to us out of spite. People in Sheffield big up our Derby as being one of the best in the land and rightly so. But other fans are going to see the whole bottom tier empty. They'll think, if Sheffielders can't be arsed, why should we. Not to mention they need the money also.
This is the story Danny and masses of empty seats live on TV gives a bad impression of our city and our love of football.

It’s not ‘my thing’ about a reciprocal agreement. That was the deal between the clubs. You might think it’s fair or unfair but either way it’s nothing to do with me.
Why’s it matter what I think is ‘fair’? I don’t really understand what you even mean by that. That Blades are missing out? It’s unfortunate but that’s what loyalty points are there for. Wednesday could have given United 10,000 and still some would have missed out.
It may be spite, more likely not wanting to give United any more advantage. But the bottom line is that it’s his club, his choice and, as you rightly say, it’s hurting them financially.

It's not about missing out. Personally, I'll probably never go to an away game ever again in my life, I've done enough of that in my lifetime and I'm really not interested in it anymore
It's about common sense and not acting like a spoilt 6 year old, which is what the Chancer is doing

United CAN'T accommodate more away fans, they CAN
They choose not to because they prefer to be spiteful, believing they've been done wrong when in actual fact they have been treated the same as everybody else.
United are not treated the same as everybody else at Hillsborough, which wouldn't be a problem if they could sell out

Just a shame there’ll be banks of empty seats in a 39k ground.

It's not about missing out. Personally, I'll probably never go to an away game ever again in my life, I've done enough of that in my lifetime and I'm really not interested in it anymore
It's about common sense and not acting like a spoilt 6 year old, which is what the Chancer is doing

United CAN'T accommodate more away fans, they CAN
They choose not to because they prefer to be spiteful, believing they've been done wrong when in actual fact they have been treated the same as everybody else.
United are not treated the same as everybody else at Hillsborough, which wouldn't be a problem if they could sell out
I think the allocation is little (if anything) to do with being spiteful. I doubt Chansiri, would miss the chance to get maximum revenue from this fixture. But he'll surely be aware of the backlash he would, inevitably, get from Wednesday fans, if he did (some of whom, wouldn't have gone regardless).
So, in the meantime, I suspect there's a bit of an impasse, and it will likely take a pre-season agreement to offer up both tiers, from and for, both clubs.
Ideally, it won't be necessary...but that's another matter!..UTB

I think the allocation is little (if anything) to do with being spiteful. I doubt Chansiri, would miss the chance to get maximum revenue from this fixture. But he'll surely be aware of the backlash he would, inevitably, get from Wednesday fans, if he did (some of whom, wouldn't have gone regardless).
So, in the meantime, I suspect there's a bit of an impasse, and it will likely take a pre-season agreement to offer up both tiers, from and for, both clubs.

No !
We CANNOT give them more, They CAN give us more.
We are NOT singling them out for special treatment, they get the same as everybody else
They ARE singling us out for special treatment because we get less than everybody else

I don't see what is so difficult for people to understand, they are acting spitefully, we are not

Fishpie,

Doubt you’re a true football fan because how could any encourage a system where home fans miss out.
I wouldn’t want Wednesday fans to miss out either.

Although I didn’t like what they did last year by taking the Leppings Lane bottom tier, in retrospect I understood it.
The bottom line is home supporters (the lifeblood of a club) should always have priority over away fans. If Wednesday had a 50K demand for home matches then I’d understand if they decided to give us 500 tickets, so more of their fans see the match, it’s natural.

Also it will be embarrassing to Sheffield football when the nation sees 1000’s of empty seats behind the goal.

Last edited:
No !
We CANNOT give them more, They CAN give us more.
We are NOT singling them out for special treatment, they get the same as everybody else
They ARE singling us out for special treatment because we get less than everybody else

I don't see what is so difficult for people to understand, they are acting spitefully, we are not
I know full well they can give us more. And, yes, they are singling us out for "special treatment".
I'm just suggesting that, I think it's more to do with the backlash that Chansiri would get from Wednesday fans, than any spite he could/would chose to aim at us.

I know full well they can give us more. And, yes, they are singling us out for "special treatment".
I'm just suggesting that, I think it's more to do with the backlash that Chansiri would get from Wednesday fans, than any spite he could/would chose to aim at us.

Agree, you’re probably correct, many fans would have those feelings but business and professionalism tends to override personal spite.

Logically there shouldn’t be any backlash from Wednesday fans as every single Owls fan has the opportunity to buy a ticket.
The backlash relates to emotional selfish spiteful reasons, either from the SW fans, Chansiri or both.
It wouldn’t happen if it was the other way round,
but I suppose every owner has the right to make any decision they believe is best for their club
Even if it results in lost financial revenue and PR damage showing a empty stand on national tv.

Fishpie,

Doubt you’re a true football fan because how could any encourage a system where home fans miss out.
I wouldn’t want Wednesday fans to miss out either.

Although I didn’t like what they did last year by taking the Leppings Lane bottom tier, in retrospect I understood it.
The bottom line is home supporters (the lifeblood of a club) should always have priority over away fans. If Wednesday had a 50K demand for home matches then I’d understand if they decided to give us 500 tickets, so more of their fans see the match, it’s natural.

Also it will be embarrassing to Sheffield football when the nation sees 1000’s of empty seats behind the goal.
I think you may have misinterpreted my post. I did not, nor would I want to encourage what is happening. I only commented because it was suggested that Chansiri was acting out of spite. I agree entirely that home supporters are the lifeblood of a club. And I suspect the Wednesday fans' reaction (regardless of whether they'd go or not, given the chance) is more on his mind than being spiteful to us.
Just my thoughts, that's all. Nothing more nothing less.
Think stating that I'm not "a true football fan" is a bit harsh by the way..UTB

I think you may have misinterpreted my post. I did not, nor would I want to encourage what is happening. I only commented because it was suggested that Chansiri was acting out of spite. I agree entirely that home supporters are the lifeblood of a club. And I suspect the Wednesday fans' reaction (regardless of whether they'd go or not, given the chance) is more on his mind than being spiteful to us.
Just my thoughts, that's all. Nothing more nothing less.
Think stating that I'm not "a true football fan" is a bit harsh by the way..UTB

Agree Fishpie, apologies.
I’ve heard a few United fans say both clubs should give 5000 away tickets like in previous seasons.
However the problem is our attendances have increased, so in order to ensure home fans are looked after, we give all away clubs 2,100 tickets. Which I believe is fair and I’d say that if any other club did the same.

Not sure what it’s got to do with you but am I under oath or something?

Well it’s a forum. ( You don’t mind positive comment when it helps bumping your book thread) That’s what it’s got to do with me. Are you suggesting Star readers shouldn’t comment on your articles? It wouldn’t surprise me.

As usual, being a mardy arse rather than accept the facts about the situation. I know you don’t cover the Pigs but your colleagues do. The fact, whether it upsets your fragile ego or not, is that the subject has been totally ignored despite the many informed comments across forums and social media. If the Star doesn’t have the bollocks to even ask the questions, it might be an idea not to appear so superior in its defence. You were asked a simple question. If you can’t answer, leave it rather than try to belittle the person who asked it. You really aren’t that hard to work out.

Agree Fishpie, apologies.
I’ve heard a few United fans say both clubs should give 5000 away tickets like in previous seasons.
However the problem is our attendances have increased, so in order to ensure home fans are looked after, we give all away clubs 2,100 tickets. Which I believe is fair and I’d say that if any other club did the same.
Fair play Sheffsteel. I appreciate that. For what it's worth, I think both of us should give, each other, the upper and lower tiers..UTB

He wants revenue. Yet When the chance comes for more, he ignores it.

Back
Top Bottom