Out of this WORLD!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

originaltrueblade

Reaction score
I’ve not seen football like this since TC and Woody were splitting sides apart in the seventies but it has to be rephrased to “I’ve never seen football like this”
Pinch yourself as we are witnessing something unique something very very special. Chris Wilder and Co must have been abducted by Aliens and had something special inserted to the creativity part of the brain. What we are witnessing is something out of this world.
When the final whistle blows I feel deflated the next day. why because I have to wait for the next game. I could watch game after game after game without any interval at all, Why? Because I am being entertained, I am being enthralled, I am being excited, I can feel the excitement and passion being created in the ground. My fellow fans can feel that too. Opposition fans have been heard to say when leaving the ground, “What the fuck happened there.” They are shell shocked believe me. One Reading fan said this lot are champions seen nothing
Like them for years and he went on to say they will shake up the Premier League.
Fellow Blades we are on a journey and some say can we go all the way....Yes we can!!!

they will shake up the Premier League.
You know, I was watching the Chelsea Vs City game yesterday and thinking how dull it was compared to the Blades since the Tufty Revolution™.

*Note. Any piggy grunters reading - I am NOT suggesting we're gonna smash the Premier League.

It's the underestimations from other teams I like.

Teams assuming we're the same old with a small smattering of enlightened ones among them.

I genuinely believe we will continue this run for a while. We will pick up the points needed to get us up automatically. Mark my words.

Genuine belief is the most powerful thing.

It's the underestimations from other teams I like.

Teams assuming we're the same old with a small smattering of enlightened ones among them.

I genuinely believe we will continue this run for a while. We will pick up the points needed to get us up automatically. Mark my words.

Genuine belief is the most powerful thing.
I watched MoneyBall last night, where the GM of an underachieving baseball club employs a statisticion and they change the way they recruit players - target underachieving players who have 'something'. Echos of the Tufty Revolution™

I’ve not felt as positive about about a manager or a team as I do now,It’s just the way we do things that fills me with confidence,the bond within
the team as displayed after the WBA result brings a tear to my eye.The fact that we practically have 2 teams to choose from and can rely on them to do the job.
Even wilders interviews post and pre match fill me with confidence,his honesty is a breath of fresh air compared to the bullshit I hear every week from rival managers.
Wilders determination and drive is written all over his face and the team has bought in,we might lose a couple but I woud’nt bet against us
being the form team for rest of the season and we all know what that would mean.
UTB.

Fellow Blades we are on a journey and some say can we go all the way....Yes we can!!!

I think you are right!

In fact I think I had a vision.

I’m sure I thought I saw a red and white flag with a picture of Shred on it. I’m hoping he’s had a word with “them upstairs”!

As I described on another thread, there is a moment, if you watch the iFollow replay from Saturday, when we have won the ball, passed it about and Kieron is charging forwards with Gibbs in front covering him.

Then - out of nowhere - appears Martin Cranie - RCB - charging down the outside completely unmarked because who the fuck is supposed to mark him! For me, that moment when Cranie appears in shot all on his own defines CWAK football. We want to win - now stop us!

Incidentally, I love Bash but I’ve wondered for the last 2 days whether Bash could have controlled the cross on the stretch as perfectly as Cranie did - and indeed how many times out of 10 Cranie could do it!

Somebody above mentioned Moneyball - that was all about the psychology of scouts and coaches who tend to see players’ weaknesses - eg very one footed, very slow, poor in the air etc. However, if you ignore individual weaknesses and create a team where overall strengths cover individual weaknesses then you can build a low-cost team which together can defeat a team of better individuals - especially if you meld team and tactics.

CWAK have a plan and we have hard guys and skilled guys, lefties and righties, big’uns and little ‘uns and now we seem to have spare pieces to fit into every hole as well.

It is a complicated jigsaw, but by heavens all the funny-shaped pieces make a beautiful picture.

Pure Unadulterated Magic

I think you are right!

In fact I think I had a vision.

I’m sure I thought I saw a red and white flag with a picture of Shred on it. I’m hoping he’s had a word with “them upstairs”!

Russ - this exactly for me.

I got a bit emotional heading away from The Hawthorns on Saturday because I was remembering a very close mate of mine who died nearly four years ago.
Marcus was also quite well known to many members and posters on this forum and even though he lived in London, was Sheffield and Sheffield United through and through.
He would have loved the Wilder & Knill revolution, the wonderful style of football they've brought with them and evenings like the one we experienced on Saturday.
It just got me a little bit upset that he's missed it all and I'm sure there are many folks on here who feel the same about people they've lost.

Make the most of it. Imagine when wilder finally leaves and we end up with pulis or Mick McCarthy.....

I got a bit emotional heading away from The Hawthorns on Saturday because I was remembering a very close mate of mine who died nearly four years ago.
Marcus was also quite well known to many members and posters on this forum and even though he lived in London, was Sheffield and Sheffield United through and through.
He would have loved the Wilder & Knill revolution, the wonderful style of football they've brought with them and evenings like the one we experienced on Saturday.
It just got me a little bit upset that he's missed it all and I'm sure there are many folks on here who feel the same about people they've lost.
Hear hear mate, Marcus would have been loving this season.

Funny, after the WBA result I was thinking about Marcus and the last game me, you and him went to together. On the train to Crawley I think it was, rank performance but a great day topped off by a trail around Crawley to find his pub after the game. I thought on Saturday how full of it he would be, probably meaning even more bizarre trips. Made me a little sad that he's not around to add his unique gloss to things

You're right. My dad for one. That's why we must...
Make the most of it.

Teams like our don't come round very often in a lifetime. Since I started in 1962, we've had (in my humble opinion) four exceptional managers - given the material they've had to work with. 'Gentleman' John Harris, 'Sir' Dave Bassett, Neil Warnock and now CW/AK - highly probably the best of the lot.

Sure, we might fall away and miss out this season, but we'll be back bigger and stronger next season.

A fabulous time to be a Blade.

Make the most of it. Imagine when wilder finally leaves and we end up with pulis or Mick McCarthy.....
HaHa, that's my sort of default attitude towards the Blades, usually.
Something weird though going on in my head at the moment.. I'm not even thinking about what may or may not happen. I'm just loving watching us right now..And probably more so than in all my time as a Blade. Absolutely bursting with pride coming out of the Hawthorns...:):) UTB

I watched MoneyBall last night, where the GM of an underachieving baseball club employs a statisticion and they change the way they recruit players - target underachieving players who have 'something'. Echos of the Tufty Revolution™

They've got the concept half right over at Hillsborough.........................

Great film by the way

Back
Top Bottom