Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. tyneblade

Jimmy Dunne

I'd put Kyle in that bracket, the difference is that Jimmy Dunne was world class when playing for us. Much as I love TC, there we more than a handful of players ahead of him across the world at his peak.
  2. tyneblade

Jimmy Dunne

Arguably our last world class player.
  3. tyneblade

Boston v Blades in 1982-83 FA Cup

Me too that game and the friendly the following month at Poole Town were the wettest I've ever been at a match . We've has some low points since but Altrincham was the very bottom.
  4. tyneblade

Alan Woodward

We should have a number 7 on our corner flags, I've long thought that.
  5. tyneblade

Keith Andrews

In my recollection competitive United teams always need to; be one of the fittest , if not the fittest in the league and have one of the best keepers. Both of those could be fixed without spending a fortune. Having lived here for 40 years I'm a reasonably regular attender at St James Park. From...
  6. tyneblade

Keith Andrews

With Matt Prestridge back some of them might start to get fit enough to play 90 minutes.
  7. tyneblade

CONFIRMED Berge to Burnley

It was interesting to compare him to Sandro Tonali on Saturday. I'm sure someone can show me some numbers that make it clear that technically Berge is as good if not better, so is attitude alone worth an extra £50m? You can see Tonali's hero, Gennaro Gattuso, in everything he does. I suspect...
  8. tyneblade

I'm not saying he wasn't their best player;) but that isn't a hard competition to win. I'd be interested to see how many total yards those passes amount to and how many went forward to someone in space rather than sideways or backwards. Burnley were dismal, maybe not the most dismal team I've...
  9. tyneblade

Watched 80 mins or so of him on Saturday at Newcastle, until he was worn out chasing shadows and subbed, The same dead weight I recall from his time with us and amusingly, as he was Burnley's tallest player against a big strong Newcastle team, his tacking and heading seem to have got worse...
  10. tyneblade

Best club anthems

If we are going abroad.
  11. tyneblade

Best club anthems

I've always like the bit about bringing their families, as if they are not bad enough on their own.
  12. tyneblade

News, any news please

Catholic set to become the next Pope.
  13. tyneblade

Brewster - McAtee replacement?

Absolutely agree on Joelinton. IIRC it was an Cairan Clark sending off that forced them into a sufficiently early change tactical change for him to grow into the role over 80 minutes. Nobody had ever thought of playing him there, no even Joelinton. Everyone says it was genius on Eddie Howes'...
  14. tyneblade

Blades player you'd completely forgotten about.

Eddie Howe's brother
  15. tyneblade

Olsen, Moore and Howard

That one the Blades most famous keepers had a career there says it all.
  16. tyneblade

4th Round Draw

I vaguely recall a defeat in the early 80s, there was a huge stand there with a small cover at the top. We didn't take many. I was difficult place to get to and I woke up the following morning in a static caravan in Mold, an even harder place to get home from:) Those were the days.
  17. tyneblade

Average Away Attendance for Every Championship Club 22/23 (so far)

Extended runs in the top flight help maintain away followings for any club with decent support and the knowledge that Premier League allocations are relatively limited. In my experience in Newcastle, for example, tickets for away games are based on a points system and points can only be got by...
  18. tyneblade

Average Away Attendance for Every Championship Club 22/23 (so far)

If you live in Bermondsey everywhere else on earth is disappointment.
  19. tyneblade

If you could change one football decision in your United supporting lifetime, what would it be?

Better avoid appointing Terry Robinson with his Manchester United obsession and complete incompetence. I remember being told that Warnock recommended him to McCabe because he knew he was weak. Neil's easy life was a high price for the rest of to pay.
  20. tyneblade

Happy 76th birthday to Woody in heaven

We need him on the pitch, a seven on the corner flags would be an appropriate tribute.
  21. tyneblade

Longest unbeaten home recordh

And it pissed it down with no cover on their away end. Fair to say that our club reached its lowest point that night.
  22. tyneblade

Friendly v Rotherham

Report, of sorts, here.
  23. tyneblade

Roy's View From... Newcastle Fans Views On Ciaran Clark

I'd expect him to be capable, his fitness and basic ability isn't in doubt. My worry would be balls going over him and Egan's heads. Our keeper needs to be vocal and commanding. Clark's strengths and weakness is evident to anyone watching the last couple of seasons videos. I've go no reason to...
  24. tyneblade

Roy's View From... Newcastle Fans Views On Ciaran Clark

My daughter has Newcastle season tickets and lives in London, so i'm a reasonably regular witness of Cairan's performances. He's no longer a Premier league standard player so a step down will be good for him. Needs strong minded players around him because despite his age and experience he's no...
  25. tyneblade

Derby County

If the principle was removed agents would be much more sensitive to potential risk, so would act and advise accordingly. Hate to say it, but they might even become useful;) The idea of these parasites having a better claim on assets than the public, via HMRC, or a local business is revolting.
  26. tyneblade

Derby County

I suspect that at least 20,000 will turn up for the first season in the Midland League or wherever the phoenix club ends up. When they get back to the EFL they will all be back. I've often thought that this sort of journey would be preferable to the kind of purgatory clubs like Ipswich...
  27. tyneblade

Any Blades in Rome?

A Roma season ticket is all you need to cure homesickness. Just like Bramall lane, the singing at the start in the Stadio Olimpico is invariably the best bit. Not the best ground I've been to abroad but my favourite.
  28. tyneblade

Is that all we will see of Bash?

If he's still not getting games at Christmas it would be a terrible waste. A half season loan to Sunderland could be a wonderful present for us all.
  29. tyneblade

Ramsdale--our worst signing ever?

Arsenal paid 19m for the right to give Leno a contract. My guess is that Leno is on three times Ramsdale's wage, at least so the costs to the respective clubs are not comparable. Guessing that the same is true of Brewster and McBurnie, ultimately our wage structure is the constraint on getting...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom