Longest unbeaten home recordh

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We only lost 4 that season

thanks.......and one of the defeats was on Match of the Day.

It was rare to show any 4th division match on Match of the Day.....imagine that happening now.
Just typical we're on national TV and we lose......think we lost 5-2 to Colchester.......not checked so could be wrong.

It was rare to show any 4th division match on Match of the Day.....imagine that happening now.
Just typical we're on national TV and we lose......think we lost 5-2 to Colchester.......not checked so could be wrong.
Correct

We won't go the season unbeaten at home.

But hopefully we can have a very good home form and continue with how we are doing at home and get that away form better too.

Without checking I'm sure we were unbeaten at home in the 1982 4th division season.
Don't think we drew that many at home either in the 1982 season but our away form was average, won a few, drew a few, lost a few.
Away from home we were W12 D7 L4. That's actually our second best away record of all time. Only 2016-7 beats it.

And it pissed it down with no cover on their away end. Fair to say that our club reached its lowest point that night.
Was only 10 at the time but remember it fairly well. Strangely remember Trussons sending off more clearly than their goals.

I was on the side terrace and quite a fair few Blades on the open end behind the net.

Want to say 3-4 thousand but my estimates at that age probably weren’t that accurate or my memory is playing tricks on me.

In ref to the original subject, I can’t see too many teams taking points off us at home this season but no doubt there will be a blip or two along the way

The 5 -2 loss was at Colchester. Possibly the low point of of watching Utd for me. I think we were 4 nil down in the first half.

Back
Top Bottom