Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. 1970Blade

New - Blades 'scorers under Chris Wilder' Quiz

Got 53/77 on appearances one. Good quiz, but some of young lads with a single appearance that I don't even recall.
  2. 1970Blade

I think I can probably explain that. The first time I did the quiz the top line was actually the heading so the clue was Goals and the answer was Goalscorer, which unsurprisingly no-one got. When I updated the quiz this week I had worked out how to delete that and so Billy went up to the top...
  3. 1970Blade

Top of the class!
  4. 1970Blade

I have worked out how to update this quiz, so can you now see how many of the 36 League goalscorers we've had since Chris Wilder came in and saved us you can name. Some of the names featured on this list feel like they were 1000 years ago not 2 or 3, but shows how far we've come. Anyway, if...
  5. 1970Blade

Blades in isolation quiz night

Fair to say that take up of the quiz challenge has been slow. :) People obviously not finding self isolation as dull as I'd expected, Nonetheless, as demanded by absolutely nobody but as promised by me, here are the answers. The Wilder Years (17PTS) Chris Wilder became Blades Manager on...
  6. 1970Blade

Yes, you're right, who was the other one against?
  7. 1970Blade

Last night a few Blades held a quiz night online and I thought there might be some Blades bored enough to tackle the questions I wrote for it I'll put the answers up tomorrow, but dare say some statto will have got them all right by then, there's a total of 39 points up for grabs (would've been...
  8. 1970Blade

New- Blades opponents in 2018/19 quiz

I have designed a new quiz that asks you to pick out each of our League opponents in 2018/19 using our score against them as a clue. If you're into testing your Blades knowledge and have a half decent memory of who we beat and didn't, then you might enjoy it. It's only four minutes long...
  9. 1970Blade

'Provisional' 2019/20 Fixture List

I had us on 43, and yes. I'd be amazed if it wasn't. Think that a point a game (38) would almost certainly be enough. the number of points taken off the top teams is shrinking every year, and so teams have gone down in 18th with 35, 37, 34, 33 and probably 31 (Cardiff on 31 with one to play) the...
  10. 1970Blade

'Provisional' 2019/20 Fixture List

I had a little too much time on my hands this morning due to travelling and have done a randomly generated fixture list to give me an idea of how many of games will look winnable. Obviously we all know who the other teams are, but I think it's only when you read through them all together that...
  11. 1970Blade

WE AREN'T UP YET

If people give it the big un on social media and then look silly, too bad. That bit is embarrassing but doesn't really matter As some others have said, the reason it matters that we realise that we still have a tough game to win, is that if fans turn up thinking the job is already done, it...
  12. 1970Blade

Predict the last 8 games

So 8 games to go, would be interested to see other fan's predictions for how top 4 will do in those last 8 matches and whether the Blades will do it. 29 Mar WBA v Birmingham 2-1 30 Mar Middlesbrough v Norwich 1-2 Sheff U v Bristol C 2-0 Leeds v Millwall 2-1 6 Apr Norwich v QPR 2-1 Birmingham v...
  13. 1970Blade

Can we make it bigger?

I think this is wrong. The plan is to do the Kop if we stay up the first season and do the South Stand if we stay up the second season.
  14. 1970Blade

Pick ONE ex-Blade to go into our current team

This. End of thread. I've said all year that if this side had Deano we'd romp the League and though Didzy's been great, Deano had everything and would be ideal for Sharp too.
  15. 1970Blade

Pressure on Norwich

I suspect that the top 3 will end in the order they are now, but I'm certain that Norwich won't beat everyone we expect them too, and the test will come when they lose one. It is true that they will have gone to bed Friday night hoping/ expecting one of us or Leeds to lose before they played...
  16. 1970Blade

Leeds [A]

I feel like this, but I also think with games we and they have left a draw is a better result for them than us. A draw keeps the dream alive but it keeps us as third favourites, I think.
  17. 1970Blade

Norwich fans talking shit

I don't really buy the idea that fans of a different club being able to have a discussion about the outcome of the season and recognising that they have a mutual interest in us losing is so cringe-worthy. One of the potential benefits of the internet is being able to discuss the season rather...
  18. 1970Blade

Yes, its League goals only. Hats off to all those who've been getting them all, or all bar one right, very impressive. I think you do have to include 'Goal scorer' in order to get them all, soz, I'll learn how to do it with fewer imperfections next time hopefully.
  19. 1970Blade

I now think 30 is best you can get. So, I'm sorry, but nonetheless, I'm glad that people have enjoyed doing it, even if I cocked a couple of things up. There are other SUFC quizzes on there, but none as contemporary as this.
  20. 1970Blade

Yes, I approve the awarding of that extra point, on one of the answers it accepts only the final name of said double barrelled name because I put a gap between the first and second names of the surname and once it was entered it was uneditable, so apologies for that
  21. 1970Blade

31 different players have scored for the Blades in the League since Chris Wilder took over. If you have a go at the attached quiz, you can see how many you can name in 10 minutes. Or otherwise, you could choose not to. https://www.sporcle.com/games/TP1970/sufc-goalscorers-under-wilder
  22. 1970Blade

When will our Wobbly Wednesday Day be?

Actually we were 13th that year (2001-2), and we were 16th the year Warnock took over from Heath (1999-00)
  23. 1970Blade

When will our Wobbly Wednesday Day be?

The Battle of Bramall Lane season (year before the Triple Assault year) we finished about 15th.
  24. 1970Blade

Jam tonight

I think JB is definitely the better keeper. Moore won't let you down but he so rarely makes a save out of the ordinary. Think about the Villa/ Bristol C game, if they'd had Moore in goal we'd have won. Moore is not promotion from Championship level. He's a solid top of Lg 1 / bottom of...
  25. 1970Blade

Negative crowd

Sorry failed to read rest of the thread, point has already been made.
  26. 1970Blade

Negative crowd

No, you got it wrong. The whistling was to attract attention of St John's to the fact that a person in crowd had collapsed. It was nothing to do with the performance, it was also because Kop was distracted by fella in crowd that cheer for first goal was so muted.
  27. 1970Blade

Welcome Ryan Leonard

I think you're right to observe that they had targeted him, but it is true that his control and passing was way below his normal standards. People aren't 'blaming' him as such, but observing that is what happened and we improved after he went off. They packed the midfield and worked hard to...
  28. 1970Blade

How many points required for the play offs?

I think Middlesbrough are the biggest threat. Derby, Villa and Cardiff will all be in Top 4, I think Bristol City will continue to fade, and though PNE will continue to be competitive I think they'll fall short, so it will be between us, Fulham and Boro for final two places. Fulham have been...
  29. 1970Blade

Welcome Ryan Leonard

Who would you pick him ahead of Norway Blade? Fleck's available, Lundstram's hard to drop, tough choices.
  30. 1970Blade

Welcome Ryan Leonard

Totally agree. Duffy was strangely out of sorts and doesn't contribute much defensively anyway so if he's not controlling the play he is pretty much a spectator. Both Leonard and Lafferty came on and gave us control, excellent management again from 'One of our own'. Think Lafferty has been very...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom