Pressure on Norwich

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bladesdoc

Reaction score
For the first time probably, the pressure has transferred a little bit to Norwich. Us and Leeds have been playing catch up after they have played and to be fair to both teams we have responded brilliantly. Now it’s their turn. Might be a different sort of game tonight for them than it would have been if we had dropped points against Rotherham or Brentford. After the international break they play a few of their games after us and Leeds (including a tough match at Boro) and so they might start to feel the heat. Will be interesting to see how they cope.

Apart from a little blip against Preston they've been flying, and I expect them to win this one comfortably.

Hull are absolutely gash away from home, so I wouldn't expect them to trouble Norwich that much tonight. But we all keep saying how unpredictable this league is so you never know, they might be up for one last play off push.

Norwich's next 2 fixtures look trickier however, Rotherham away [who are still scrapping for their lives and normally play well at home] followed by Boro away.

Noone has an easy run in, in my opinion anyway.

It's crazy how close it is and, as good as the top three are, all of them have their weaknesses and could drop points more or less any time. Never would've predicted us to draw with Ipswich, or Leeds to lose to QPR. I think all three teams have shown they have the ability, it's down to who has the legs to make it over the line.

Norwich will go up, most likely as champions.
Their run-in looks very comfortable.

There's now added pressure on them after us and Leeds won games which we would be expected to anyway?

It’s not always down to league position or form if it was then every match would be entirely predictable.
Was it Walsall who beat us 3 times in our 100 point season?Getting tactics right,bottle and exploiting weakness in a team or individuals can turn a match from a home banker to a stinker.I don’t buy the easy run in argument for Norwich.

If it had been away it could have been tricky but not at home.

Comfortable Norwich win I am afraid

Hull are only 5 points off the playoffs. They've plenty to fight for still, which is a good thing :)

I can't see them not winning, Hull have not won an away game this season.....that said the last team they beat were Leeds so hopefully they can do us another favour.

If Hull win tonight Adkins is close to forgiveness from me. If they batter Norwich, destroy their confidence and send them on a losing streak, then I’ll even stop mentioning Hammond.

I can’t see Norwich losing until the end of the season unfortunately. Their run in is the dream - lots of midtable / lower midtable teams. Trips to Middlesborough & Aston Villa could be tricky but the rest look like 3 points on their current form.

Leeds, similarly, are starting to bulldoze their way through matches again and are really dominating play. It’s frustrating, but fair play to them. They really impose themselves on matches and don’t let the opposition play. I watched the WBA game and they swarmed men in numbers.

Maybe it’s just in-built into me as a Blade, but the way I’m seeing things are that we’re battling hard now for every win, whereas the other two seem to have hit a confident, promotion like stride where they’re dominating and there’s an inevitability about their results.

I see Norwich going up as champions with 95ish, Leeds behind around 90, ourselves in third around 85ish with a drop to the rest. Middlesborough 4th, WBA 5th and I see Aston Villa grabbing 6th now Grealish is back and firing.

I can’t see Norwich losing until the end of the season unfortunately. Their run in is the dream - lots of midtable / lower midtable teams. Trips to Middlesborough & Aston Villa could be tricky but the rest look like 3 points on their current form.

Leeds, similarly, are starting to bulldoze their way through matches again and are really dominating play. It’s frustrating, but fair play to them. They really impose themselves on matches and don’t let the opposition play. I watched the WBA game and they swarmed men in numbers.

Maybe it’s just in-built into me as a Blade, but the way I’m seeing things are that we’re battling hard now for every win, whereas the other two seem to have hit a confident, promotion like stride where they’re dominating and there’s an inevitability about their results.

I see Norwich going up as champions with 95ish, Leeds behind around 90, ourselves in third around 85ish with a drop to the rest. Middlesborough 4th, WBA 5th and I see Aston Villa grabbing 6th now Grealish is back and firing.
Think about it like this. It’s not about ‘not losing’, it’s about winning. You can’t be dropping two points in many games this season. Norwich may well remain unbeaten, both Arsenal and Huddersfield had ridiculously long unbeaten streaks, but how realistic is it for any team to win more than ten in a row? How often does it happen?

They might not lose but I’ll be genuinely staggered if they don’t drop points. They just need to drop a couple more than we do.

Think about it like this. It’s not about ‘not losing’, it’s about winning. You can’t be dropping two points in many games this season. Norwich may well remain unbeaten, both Arsenal and Huddersfield had ridiculously long unbeaten streaks, but how realistic is it for any team to win more than ten in a row? How often does it happen?

They might not lose but I’ll be genuinely staggered if they don’t drop points. They just need to drop a couple more than we do.
Exactly this. We have this mindset that the other 2 teams will win every game but this is very unlikely. If someone offered me 90 points now I would take it. Good luck to the others if they both got more than that.

Exactly this. We have this mindset that the other 2 teams will win every game but this is very unlikely. If someone offered me 90 points now I would take it. Good luck to the others if they both got more than that.
Which coincidently is the points total I think will be enough.

Got 2 norwich fans at my work. Theyre worried cos the last game they seemed off colour. Hull might do em

You are right....it is just built in to you as a Blade.

Me too.

I suspect that the top 3 will end in the order they are now, but I'm certain that Norwich won't beat everyone we expect them too, and the test will come when they lose one. It is true that they will have gone to bed Friday night hoping/ expecting one of us or Leeds to lose before they played again, we didn't blink. T
hey've also been very consistent, but tonight its their turn. They were somewhat fortunate to beat Swansea and while ever they have a four point lead they can play freely, but if Hull can get to the other side of half time level or even nick a goal, it will be a different test.

Glass half.empty and all that but I can see us getting.a.massive points total and finishing third. Then it's the lottery of the play offs...the derby matches are going to cost us automatic I m afraid.

Happy to eat loads of humble pie if wrong!!

I get where you are coming from but look at it from their fans eyes; they can see us win game after game & to top it off we are not conceding at all, so I am pretty sure they will be thinking along the lines of "bloody hell, there is no stopping the Blades, we are pulling up trees but they are still chasing us down, not sure we can keep this up" yada yada.

Glass half.empty and all that but I can see us getting.a.massive points total and finishing third. Then it's the lottery of the play offs...the derby matches are going to cost us automatic I m afraid.

Happy to eat loads of humble pie if wrong!!

The Pigs will beat both and hand us automatic. Chill.

Back
Top Bottom