Welcome Ryan Leonard

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Boy did we need you tonight and you came on and brought us back into the game.

Not seen it mentioned but he won everything when he came on

Also put one of their players on his arse within a minute of coming on, exactly what we needed in the middle of the park. Great run at the end of the match getting us up the field and winning a corner.

He has clearly got athleticism that Duffy hasn't and hence you could see why he was brought on to track back.

I watched him a lot whilst he warmed up and you could tell he was focussed and desperate to get on - not dicking about chatting with his teammates like most of them do

Leonard is known for his pace as a central midfielder and he showed it at times tonight. I have high hopes for him and I reckon he can make himself a regular in our midfield.

Aye - thought we looked a lot better closing the game out once he came into midfield. Good bursting run forward too.

Different type in midfielder with his pace too.

In terms of options for closing games out lundstarm I think will be better in possession but Leonard better if you still want to be able to hassle an break win pace

Leonard is known for his pace as a central midfielder and he showed it at times tonight. I have high hopes for him and I reckon he can make himself a regular in our midfield.

Where though? Evans looks class, apart from a few times tonight, Fleck is the best midfielder at the club and then you have the No.10, Duffy/Brooks/Holmes. Suppose he’ll get a chance the next time Wilder plays a straight 3 in midfield away from home

Would have been nice to see him finish that run with a thunderbolt into the top corner. Well played lad. Wilder spoke about the bench before the game and mentioned we have options to go and win games but also options to see out games. Leonard provided the latter brilliantly tonight.

Also put one of their players on his arse within a minute of coming on, exactly what we needed in the middle of the park. Great run at the end of the match getting us up the field and winning a corner.

Absolutely walloped him. Crucial moment, let us catch our breath and was the end of their little spell of dominance. Evans gave him a cheeky smile afterwards to acknowledge a great piece of game management.

Yep, he came on, steamed in, clattered the kid and gave him a "welcome to Sheffield" look, which was great to see.

He has clearly got athleticism that Duffy hasn't and hence you could see why he was brought on to track back.

I watched him a lot whilst he warmed up and you could tell he was focussed and desperate to get on - not dicking about chatting with his teammates like most of them do
Nice to hear! I think Leonard could be pushing for a start against Hull!

Totally agree. Duffy was strangely out of sorts and doesn't contribute much defensively anyway so if he's not controlling the play he is pretty much a spectator. Both Leonard and Lafferty came on and gave us control, excellent management again from 'One of our own'.

Think Lafferty has been very unlucky not to play at all this season, I've always felt the call between Stevens and him is a narrow one, and Stevens stayed in the side through a dodgy spell of several games when I'd have thought Lafferty was worth giving a game too. Its a credit to him that he can just come back and slot in.

In tougher away games when we might have less possession, I expect we might see more of Leonard, yesterday he really showed what he can offer. Some exciting tough choices for Wilder as we enter the final 14 games right in there in contention for play off spot.

A lot of people saying Duffy had a poor game last night but that's bollocks I'm afraid. If you watched him carefully you would say that at most times he had 2 maybe 3 QPR players on him. Obviously they had earmarked him as one of our major threats.
Now, in this situation, what do you do? Bring him off and let it get back to one on one marking? Or leave him on and try and capitalise on the fact if they're doubling up on him this should give the other players a bit more freedom to find space.
I thought CW got it spot on with the subs last night and his comments about the options on the bench were refreshing. Even more interesting that the versatility offered by the newer recruits means that the variety required depending on the state of the game can be provided largely by the same personnel. It's going to be a very interesting few games coming up.

A lot of people saying Duffy had a poor game last night but that's bollocks I'm afraid. If you watched him carefully you would say that at most times he had 2 maybe 3 QPR players on him. Obviously they had earmarked him as one of our major threats.
Now, in this situation, what do you do? Bring him off and let it get back to one on one marking? Or leave him on and try and capitalise on the fact if they're doubling up on him this should give the other players a bit more freedom to find space.
I thought CW got it spot on with the subs last night and his comments about the options on the bench were refreshing. Even more interesting that the versatility offered by the newer recruits means that the variety required depending on the state of the game can be provided largely by the same personnel. It's going to be a very interesting few games coming up.

I take that point, but Duffy did have a poor game last night, particularly by his standards.

While he improved a great deal after half time, in the first his touch was shocking (I think the majority of passes to him bounced off a yard or two) and his passing was poor too.

I take that point, but Duffy did have a poor game last night, particularly by his standards.

While he improved a great deal after half time, in the first his touch was shocking (I think the majority of passes to him bounced off a yard or two) and his passing was poor too.
i think any player would have looked like he had a poor game under that extreme pressure. I just feel it's a little unfair to blame him

Exactly my thoughts too...Duffy was crowded out and didn’t have room/time to be effective, though he did manage it in the second half

i think any player would have looked like he had a poor game under that extreme pressure. I just feel it's a little unfair to blame him

I think you're right to observe that they had targeted him, but it is true that his control and passing was way below his normal standards.

People aren't 'blaming' him as such, but observing that is what happened and we improved after he went off. They packed the midfield and worked hard to disrupt our usual fluency but the numbers they flooded midfield with meant that when we did get beyond that they were light at the back and we created quite a lot of chances, so it felt like we weren't on top as much as we normally are but we created more chances than we normally do.

It's good to see that Len is starting to settle into the squad and showing you what we've already seen. I really hope he continues his progress even if it is with you Northern Monkeys;). Still, it's better than him going to Millwall.

Delighted to see you now have a proper manager in place of Orangey-Brown.

Back
Top Bottom