Has the famous bbc finished

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

No not that bbc, I was in take away last Saturday night and chatting to the owner a young fellah

he was talking about the game and asked me if there was any bother seeing as it was Millwall

in town, now this lad has told me in the past, not in a cocky way that his brother was involved

with the BBC (I know we have heard it before) and he himself has as well, I told him I had heard

there was apparently some trouble Friday night, this lad (Asian) has often rattled off names,

think he thinks I have been involved, but no not with the BBC, after my time but it got me wondering

some years ago they were regularly in the news, has this type of organised trouble now finished
and the more well known crews like Millwall, Chelsea,West Ham,rovrum and Wendy gone away?

Boxer

I hope so. The less of this nonsense that goes on the better

Dear boxer blade with your 47 posts, we'll all gladly discuss the bbc with you, even when you say Rotherham were a well known crew..ffs..

Section 5.... Five fans in the ground, total, who needed sectioning to watch that shit..

Casual stick poking will get you nowhere dear boy..

Regarding the row of storm-troopers - My Sister-In-Law is a PC and was once assigned to police the Forest/Derby match. She was part of a cordon of officers protecting a load of Forest fans from Derby scrotes. There was one particular Scrappy-Doo dickhead Derby fan who kept running at the cordon with a "let me at 'em, let me at 'em" attitude knowing full well the wall of plod would protect him.
The dyed-in-the-wool Sergeant who was next to my Sister-In-Law got a bit pissed off with him, grabbed hold of him by the scruff of the neck and dragged him through the cordon, plonked him amongst the Forest fans and turned his back on him.
His screams, begging to be let back through, seemed to diffuse the situation because the Forest fans were too busy pissing themselves laughing to batter him :D
Cracking post, Billyblade. I love the Scrappy-Doo analogy :D
scrappy-doo-lemme-at-em.jpg

I always feel football trouble is still there, bubbling under the suface but with the police

seemingly on top of it you just dont see it any more, as for Wembley it was just behind me,

football, beer and sunshine dont mix well,never have, nevef will.
Are you talking about the Hull FACup Semifinal? I didnt notice any trouble. Mind you I was right on the back row.

Are you talking about the Hull FACup Semifinal? I didnt notice any trouble. Mind you I was right on the back row.
There was shitloads down in one corner.
Loads of pissed up idiots decided to start battering people for not being bladey enough. Taking offence that they weren't singing

Some people are always going to get pissed/coked up and want to fight...and some people just want to fight! lol...

Our club's history with the BBC seemed to a thing of the past for awhile...but all that happened was a lot of the lads were raising kids and priorities changed (a bit)
Most of the hardcore are mid-40's to mid 50's and are enjoying a bit of an indian summer now the kids have grown up a bit..and of course roping their own kids and their kids mates in with tales of yore...

Never really understood it. I've never been one to get lary when I drink. Just more relaxed and hungry. I've honestly got no problem with people that enjoy fighting, but if that's the thing you enjoy then go join a boxing gym, or take up martial arts. Then you'll have an endless list of people who are more than happy to accommodate you. What do I care if a bunch of Blades opened up a few rings and said "Away fans, bring your gloves along and enjoy the evening with us"?

But it's not about that. It's about getting your ego stroked while being a pain to the rest of society.

I've always had an idea that if people are deluded enough to enjoy having the shit kicked out of them or maybe kicking the shit out of someone else just because they happen to support a different football team to you then surely it would cost a lot less in resources to have a field somewhere where they can kick the snot out of each other away from everyone else who just want to watch some sport.
You could insist that they sign up for private healthcare to put the dilly twats back together so we wouldn't overburden our already stretched NHS.

I've always had an idea that if people are deluded enough to enjoy having the shit kicked out of them or maybe kicking the shit out of someone else just because they happen to support a different football team to you then surely it would cost a lot less in resources to have a field somewhere where they can kick the snot out of each other away from everyone else who just want to watch some sport.
You could insist that they sign up for private healthcare to put the dilly twats back together so we wouldn't overburden our already stretched NHS.

Oh no Billy, why burden the NHS? Give them no option than to use private healthcare, make 'em pay full whack, at least it'll hit their pocket. That's the least they deserve. The BBC were an ugly bunch of thugs who used to deal in illegal substances and generally caused mayhem for the sake of it. I speak from a position of knowledge on this. I used to manage a nightlub in Sheffield on the BBC's patch, so my dealings with the law were full of insights regarding the BBC.

Oh no Billy, why burden the NHS? Give them no option than to use private healthcare, make 'em pay full whack, at least it'll hit their pocket. That's the least they deserve. The BBC were an ugly bunch of thugs who used to deal in illegal substances and generally caused mayhem for the sake of it. I speak from a position of knowledge on this. I used to manage a nightlub in Sheffield on the BBC's patch, so my dealings with the law were full of insights regarding the BBC.
That's what I said. Insist they sign up for private healthcare so as not to burden the NHS

Actually saying you were in the BBC is a bit like saying you were at Woodstock, saw The Pistols at The Free Trade Hall or The Arctic Monkeys above The Grapes. If all those who said they were BBC actually were, then we would need three tiers to the Lane. They were not a large group.

A lot of people think by wearing the gear, staring with intent or standing in the pub of the times then you were part of it. There were a lot of wannabe's, poseurs, runners and weaklings whose behaviour was only ever when en masse. They were actually sadder than any hooligan ever was.

As for the question has it gone away?

Yes, as a fundamental group who regularly go away and meet in the boozers of London Road, seeking to head to West St and The Limit to find the OCS (and they were mostly bigger cowards, poseurs and bullies !).

Equally it's also a No, for as with most clubs, on certain occasions when something will bring people together, a birthday (likely to be 50 not 21 nowadays), a match of significance or a day trip somewhere. Personally, most of them have a lot to lose nowadays so I'm surprised if the real BBC ever actually get up to much. Life has a habit of sobering up your activity if not your drinking.

What always tickles me though, is as is described here, when the 'original' BBC Dads come out with their teenie sons. What do they say to the posturing son? 'Don't you dare' or 'Get stuck in'...

And for the record (and any old bill monitoring the site) I was not a member of the BBC, but you don't grow up in Nether Edge, go to Abbeydale Grange, follow United with your mates and not your Dad from 83 onwards and learn your drinking arts in Sheffield City centre in the 80's without getting to know a few interesting characters.

UTB

Tezza, dear boy, I was being just a little sarcastic regarding rovrum, why do you raise the pont

regarding my position as a new member?

Capital or Europa?

Having watched football for almost forty years I have never ever understood why anyone would get any pleasure or thrill out of wanting to go out an commit physical violence over it?

I would have happily committed physical violence on McCabe when he steadfastly refused to sack bloody Blackwell after the Burnley debacle ......
UTB & FTP

Was going to post this exact thing! Let the morons fight each other, hopefully to the death! Society would be far better off with these idiots out the gene pool!

Tiffs was before I arrived in Sheffield, but I sense you're correct about it's location.
Not sure about the history of the place, but heard somewhere that it's original name was the Locarno, back in the days of live theatre / panto.

Back
Top Bottom