HodgysBrokenThumb
Well-Known Member
- Joined
- Oct 19, 2016
- Messages
- 8,270
- Reaction score
- 16,916
- Thread starter
- #31
People my age don’t use our thumbs on the phoneMust be awkward to answer a phone with a broken Thumb![]()
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?
People my age don’t use our thumbs on the phoneMust be awkward to answer a phone with a broken Thumb![]()

"Hello my name is Dozy".........Got a call from a guy in Nigeria last week, a guy said he offered a service where he can protect me from being scammed. Gave him my bank details, but not heard back from him yet. Don’t think he was lying - he certainly sounded Nigerian.
Call SYP switchboard, if it’s genuine they will be able to put you in touch with the correct officer for the case.Just missed a call supposedly from South Yorkshire Police, asking if I witnessed an incident on the Kop v Wolves. The message left was from a mobile phone. Does anyone know if this is a genuine enquiry, or a scam? I am increasingly reluctant to return calls to numbers I don’t recognise or can’t verify. No replies from scammers, please![]()
I didn't realise Ade Edmondson was a blade?!Hello All, this is Marina Maurice, Maurices wife. Him and the police just left after an interesting chat that I don't think ended well. I left them all in the living room while I went in the kitchen to get coffee and donuts. When I came back, the nice policemen were playing Twister with my Maurice, who sadly isn't as lithe as he used to be so they helped him up with some metal wrist supports that did the trick. Maurice didn't take losing at Twister very well though as he was swearing a lot, I mean a LOT and between us all, I don't think him and the police were getting on well when they left.
He's in a room at the police station now with a really big chap named Jadarian, my he's big and has a lot of tattoos but he looks friendly enough and was smiling and licking his lips at my Maurice when I left so I think they'll be friends.
Apparently I need to find $50,000 bail so HodgysBrokentThumb if you can send me your bank details, sort code, account number and all that I can free the Walla Walla One who was only trying to help a friend. Thank you in advance.
View attachment 245231
Called you as well, has he?"Hello my name is Dozy".........
That bloke with the mask. He stole it at the end. Report that bastard.Just missed a call supposedly from South Yorkshire Police, asking if I witnessed an incident on the Kop v Wolves. The message left was from a mobile phone. Does anyone know if this is a genuine enquiry, or a scam? I am increasingly reluctant to return calls to numbers I don’t recognise or can’t verify. No replies from scammers, please![]()
I blame them RussiansThe police have everyone's numbers
OK, I just called 999 and spoke to someone who was really offhand but I think I got somewhere. She asked which service I required and I told her I think it's the rozzers because that's who called my message board chum. She asked what the nature of the emergency was...and then got all stroppy, accusing me of wasting their time. I told her that I thought she was wasting MY time as they were the ones who called you in the first place.
Anyhow, we had some back and forth for another 20 minutes and although she still sounded really angry, she is sending a police car to my house so I'll let you know how I get on![]()
Sting on his ownI blame them Russians
Just like any missed call supposedly from banks etc, if you have any suspicion, carefully Google (or phone book!?) a trustworthy phone number for that company/organisation.Just missed a call supposedly from South Yorkshire Police, asking if I witnessed an incident on the Kop v Wolves. The message left was from a mobile phone. Does anyone know if this is a genuine enquiry, or a scam? I am increasingly reluctant to return calls to numbers I don’t recognise or can’t verify. No replies from scammers, please![]()
I blame them Russians
Its true - I got one recently, but a year had passed since he wrote my note......It’s a scam. He only communicates via a message in a bottle.
What's even more strange about that is that he could have just spoken to you as all he said was "Don't stand so close to me!" Which I thought was a bit harsh as I saw that you were Driven to tears.I know.
Out of the blue last year I got a call from Sting.
I know.
Out of the blue last year I got a call from sting
Its true - I got one recently, but a year had passed since he wrote my note......
I've just won a bid on ebay to buy a Mickey Mouse outfit. Trust me not reading the description. Im now the new owner of Sheffield WednesdayYes, said he was wanting to buy a soccer club. He'd missed out first time around but was determined to buy it soon.
He told her the bed's too big without you.Did it say Be my girl Sally?
And now you’re feeling So Lonely…Its true - I got one recently, but a year had passed since he wrote my note......
What was that? He's feeling Sue Lawley you say?And now you’re feeling So Lonely…
All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?