Incident on Kop, Wolves match. Is there a police enquiry?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

HodgysBrokenThumb

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2016
Messages
8,270
Reaction score
16,916
Just missed a call supposedly from South Yorkshire Police, asking if I witnessed an incident on the Kop v Wolves. The message left was from a mobile phone. Does anyone know if this is a genuine enquiry, or a scam? I am increasingly reluctant to return calls to numbers I don’t recognise or can’t verify. No replies from scammers, please🤣
 



Just missed a call supposedly from South Yorkshire Police, asking if I witnessed an incident on the Kop v Wolves. The message left was from a mobile phone. Does anyone know if this is a genuine enquiry, or a scam? I am increasingly reluctant to return calls to numbers I don’t recognise or can’t verify. No replies from scammers, please🤣
Did the person leave a name? Call SYP switchboard and ask to speak to them (this is what I did when I got a call from an occifer recently).
 
Just missed a call supposedly from South Yorkshire Police, asking if I witnessed an incident on the Kop v Wolves. The message left was from a mobile phone. Does anyone know if this is a genuine enquiry, or a scam? I am increasingly reluctant to return calls to numbers I don’t recognise or can’t verify. No replies from scammers, please🤣
Likewise I'm suspicious of any call from an unknown number - if the message left is pre-recorded even more so.- the likes of 'the first charge is £xxx to so and so' - at which point I delete it without listening anymore.
 
Just missed a call supposedly from South Yorkshire Police, asking if I witnessed an incident on the Kop v Wolves. The message left was from a mobile phone. Does anyone know if this is a genuine enquiry, or a scam? I am increasingly reluctant to return calls to numbers I don’t recognise or can’t verify. No replies from scammers, please🤣
Could you also check with the club? Assuming they’d have given over your info if this is genuine
 
Just missed a call supposedly from South Yorkshire Police, asking if I witnessed an incident on the Kop v Wolves. The message left was from a mobile phone. Does anyone know if this is a genuine enquiry, or a scam? I am increasingly reluctant to return calls to numbers I don’t recognise or can’t verify. No replies from scammers, please🤣
Sounds like a scam to me.. The police put appeals out via local media, I wouldn’t ring back
 
Just missed a call supposedly from South Yorkshire Police, asking if I witnessed an incident on the Kop v Wolves. The message left was from a mobile phone. Does anyone know if this is a genuine enquiry, or a scam? I am increasingly reluctant to return calls to numbers I don’t recognise or can’t verify. No replies from scammers, please🤣
I think it’s a scam

For a small but repeated subscription I can screen your calls to eliminate wasted time , remove emotional 😭 impact , and avoid lost funds

Please enter your

Acct no

Sort code

Be in touch 😬
 
Ive heard on the grapevine that there is an upcoming court case regarding one of our making a racial comment to a Coventry player when playing them at home. Was reported to the police by our own fans rather than either club. We all have twats in every club but thankfully a few of ours stood up and reported this horrible incident.

So could be linked to that incident although that was last season. Maybe the said individual also attended the Wolves game?
 
Yes, there is an enquiry going on about behaviour during the Wolves game. I was contacted too but in the days afterwards.
Treat it as genuine.
Contact SYP and I'm sure they can put you in touch with those dealing with it.
 
Ive heard on the grapevine that there is an upcoming court case regarding one of our making a racial comment to a Coventry player when playing them at home. Was reported to the police by our own fans rather than either club. We all have twats in every club but thankfully a few of ours stood up and reported this horrible incident.

So could be linked to that incident although that was last season. Maybe the said individual also attended the Wolves game?
If its what I think you are referring to, no, said individual hasn't been since that game (sits in front of us )
 



I think it was at the Wolves match, there were leaflets stating that there had been reports of racist abuse in the South Stand (near gangway C) - asking for people to report anything they might have heard.
 
Ive heard on the grapevine that there is an upcoming court case regarding one of our making a racial comment to a Coventry player when playing them at home. Was reported to the police by our own fans rather than either club. We all have twats in every club but thankfully a few of ours stood up and reported this horrible incident.

So could be linked to that incident although that was last season. Maybe the said individual also attended the Wolves game?
Sure your next mixed up wi 🐖
 
Just missed a call supposedly from South Yorkshire Police, asking if I witnessed an incident on the Kop v Wolves. The message left was from a mobile phone. Does anyone know if this is a genuine enquiry, or a scam? I am increasingly reluctant to return calls to numbers I don’t recognise or can’t verify. No replies from scammers, please🤣

OK, I just called 999 and spoke to someone who was really offhand but I think I got somewhere. She asked which service I required and I told her I think it's the rozzers because that's who called my message board chum. She asked what the nature of the emergency was...and then got all stroppy, accusing me of wasting their time. I told her that I thought she was wasting MY time as they were the ones who called you in the first place.

Anyhow, we had some back and forth for another 20 minutes and although she still sounded really angry, she is sending a police car to my house so I'll let you know how I get on 🐻
 
OK, I just called 999 and spoke to someone who was really offhand but I think I got somewhere. She asked which service I required and I told her I think it's the rozzers because that's who called my message board chum. She asked what the nature of the emergency was...and then got all stroppy, accusing me of wasting their time. I told her that I thought she was wasting MY time as they were the ones who called you in the first place.

Anyhow, we had some back and forth for another 20 minutes and although she still sounded really angry, she is sending a police car to my house so I'll let you know how I get on 🐻
Going to be a long journey.
Oh and btw when you dial 999 from Donald Trump's States do you have to add 0044?
 



All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom