Sneinton Blade 1952
Member
- Banned
- #61
Buchan has a strong Hull accent though. Maybe he went to university there?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?
Buchan has a strong Hull accent though. Maybe he went to university there?
I thought it was Hull at first but it could also be Oldham? He surely never went to University?Buchan has a strong Hull accent though. Maybe he went to university there?
Nah its deffo a Leeds accentBuchan has a strong Hull accent though. Maybe he went to university there?
I thought it was Hull at first but it could also be Oldham? He surely never went to University?
I like staton he's a good lad and talks well.
I suggest you listen to how much the piggy over talks the commentary where Edwards does it with the ball dead. Not constantly shouting "go on Barry, great ball Steve" during the play.
I don't listen to commentary of Pig games, but I put Football Heaven on tonight and at the start of the show they played the review of the weekend with commentary from each of the games. Skip to the Wednesday match and when they score, Pearson lets out an almighty "YYYEEEESSSSSSSS!!!"There's something wrong when BBC licence money is being handed to Pearson. I remember Wednesday getting a penalty and Leon Clarke taking it. He changed his Stannington special needs accent into Jamaican Patois and started shouting "Coooooooommm on Leeeeoonn! You da man! You da man!".
His tactical input "OOOOhhhhhh!" , "aaaaagggghhhhh!" and "Cooooommmm on" could be matched by any fat, drunken, third-nippled, cousin-ferking Wendy.
Yes! Just like my hair. I'm from Eckington but if you met me you'd swear it's Camberwick Green.He's from Leeds.
Oldham? Are your ears painted on?
I don't listen to commentary of Pig games, but I put Football Heaven on tonight and at the start of the show they played the review of the weekend with commentary from each of the games. Skip to the Wednesday match and when they score, Pearson lets out an almighty "YYYEEEESSSSSSSS!!!"
Wanker.
That is exactly what i mean. He is no EXPERT SUMMARISER.There's something wrong when BBC licence money is being handed to Pearson. I remember Wednesday getting a penalty and Leon Clarke taking it. He changed his Stannington special needs accent into Jamaican Patois and started shouting "Coooooooommm on Leeeeoonn! You da man! You da man!".
His tactical input "OOOOhhhhhh!" , "aaaaagggghhhhh!" and "Cooooommmm on" could be matched by any fat, drunken, third-nippled, cousin-ferking Wendy.
walker a blade and staton an owl,tbf both are decent at their job,but buchan he's like a kid in a sweet shop all giddy.I like Gidds as a commentator. I also think Walker and Staton are decent. I think Buchan is worse as a commentator than those guys but the best (probably followed by Gidds) at hosting the phone in. Walker and Staton are far too opinionated and shout over the callers too much. Buchan is a better facilitator.
Giddings has a very obvious leaning towards the Blades. Don't know how some can't tell.
Staton has an even stronger leaning towards the pigs. Comes across almost like he doesn't want to talk about United at times and seems to know our neighbours in a lot more depth.
Buchan has no preference for any team as far as I can tell. If he has a prevalent knowledge of any team in the region....maybe Barnsley. I have a strong suspicion that he's a Huddersfield supporter.
I think Buchan is worse as a commentator than those guys but the best (probably followed by Gidds) at hosting the phone in.
Walker & Staton clearly don't enjoy the phone-in, and always seem on the verge of losing it with the large number of idiots that call up. Buchan either has a remarkable amount of patients, or rarely gets other opportunities in life to speak to anyone – either way he seems to be the only one to actively enjoy that part of the football coverage.
Sam's just as bad with his i fink that i fink that.Last nights 'know what I mean' count for Mark the pitsmoor owl = 5.
Is that all? Was he only on for a minute?Last nights 'know what I mean' count for Mark the pitsmoor owl = 5.
First half I had Cardiff commentary. One guy who DIDN'T rattle on and on and on ad nauseamAnyone else have to suffer his shitshow of what was meant to be commentary today?
He doesn't follow the play, he doesn't really let the co-commentator speak much and he keeps cutting to every other fucking club in South Yorkshire that's playing.
He said BBD might be coming on. Then proceeded to not let us know if BBD had come on and for who. Instead just told us the Cardiff subs. Throw in that he announced Swansea City kicked off the match.
First half I had Cardiff commentary. One guy who DIDN'T rattle on and on and on ad nauseam
Second half Giddings.
Within five minutes I went back to Cardiff commentary. It was two different guys but STILL less annoying than Giddings.
Anyone else have to suffer his shitshow of what was meant to be commentary today?
He doesn't follow the play, he doesn't really let the co-commentator speak much and he keeps cutting to every other fucking club in South Yorkshire that's playing.
He said BBD might be coming on. Then proceeded to not let us know if BBD had come on and for who. Instead just told us the Cardiff subs. Throw in that he announced Swansea City kicked off the match.
Maybe he’s bored? There’s only so much hoofball a commentator can commentate on.
When you have PAID to listen to a Sheffield United commentary it’s really annoying to be interrupted by what’s happening with Barnsley etc.
Nothing worse than a radio commentator that doesn’t describe what is happening on the pitch. However there are tons of them out there, Radio Sheffield on the whole still provides a decent service
All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?