Billy Sharp to pigs...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If its a loan I would think (hope) he would go to Donny. As he wouldnt come back to us

tweeted that he was at soton for two years and wasnt going anywhere

He's wank whenever he plays in Sheffield, let him go there.

Saw in one of the papers that Celtic are taking a look at him as a replacement for Gary Hooper.

Decent move for him if that's the case...

I hope he signs for the Hoops & then says he would rather have died of aids than sign for the Pigs.

Barnsley, Donny and the pigs are all in for him apparently. If only we could still compete with these footballing behemoths. He'd be perfect for us, unfortunately even more so if we kept McDonald.

Would he? He certainly wouldn't work in the current formation.

Would he? He certainly wouldn't work in the current formation.

I disagree. With attacking players like Murphy and Brandy trying to get the ball into the box for him he'd have a field day. Despite his lack of height, he plays the target man role well and holds the ball up extremely well due to good balance, a low centre of gravity and strength. He can also finish and has good positional awareness to get into scoring positions, which we desperately need.

I think he'd be perfect. Unfortunately, we have sunk too low for him to come back.

Irrespective of the fact he's been rubbish in both spells for us, I really don't think he has the movement of presence for the loan striker role, but there we go. I certainly won't be crying if Wednesday end up with him.

Irrespective of the fact he's been rubbish in both spells for us, I really don't think he has the movement of presence for the loan striker role, but there we go. I certainly won't be crying if Wednesday end up with him.

He wasn't rubbish really, he just wasn't our main striker, Beattie was. Billy got 13 in 48 (plus 16 as sub) for us, so granted, his scoring record wasn't great. However, over his career he averages about a goal every other game, even taking his time with us into account. We play a completely different style to the last time he played for us, so who that spell was for us largely irrelevant.

Of our current options, Porter has 10 in 38 (plus 28 as sub) and has maintained his goal every four games average throughout his career, Taylor had one good season in Scoland but was widely regarded as shit when he last played at this level and Ironside has yet to even look like scoring a competitive goal for us.

Sharp has proven over his career that he can score plenty when given the chance, especially at this level, and I'd happily have him here based on this alone. Take into account his other attributes, such as strength, balance and positioning and he'd be ideal.

Irrespective of the fact he's been rubbish in both spells for us,

Basically not true though.

He was just a kid who probably got less playing time than Ironside has had in his first spell. How anyone can determine he was "rubbish" I really don't know.

Not saying he'd be any sort of answer should we ever get him back but I, for one, will be gutted if the oinking twats pick up someone who scores as many as he does.

Well he failed to get into the side. He was poor whenever I saw him and he was poor, bar the odd flash, when he came back. We can't get him now and I doubt it would do us much good if we could, so I don't care where he goes.

Disrespected scunthorpe when he scored against them. Disrespected us when he scored against us. If he signs for them, my respect for him will enter a minus score.

happens every season. they'll be on about signing mcguire next.. cos his dog has a blue collar or something

I used to think I was on magic mushrooms watching bilky tree trunk legs play slower than the tories economic turnaround

scunnyblade on BM saying done deal

Twitter pig (I know, I know) celebrating his arrival

Wouldn't have thought it tbh, but these things happen
thats good enough for me , if someone off bldesmad and a pig on twitter say its going through then thats all I need to know

but Brian the Blade said he was signing for us last Thursday, does this actually mean he talks rubbish and we shouldn't listen to a word he says, on the rare occasion FH might be on in the car?

I think it's Weds or Leeds for Billy if the whispers down here are anything to go by....so Leeds it must be!

You only have to go onto new snow and put in billy sharp or Sheffield Wednesday (the pigs doesn't find anything) and there are a number of articles stating that he is too expensive for the piggies

Relegation dog fight with the pigs.

Or 40k + crowds and european football with Celtic ??

Some pig fans are utterly deluded.

Strong Twitter (I know) rumours that new investment equals a costly loan equals = Billy Boy coming home?

Back
Top Bottom