Incoming? Billy Sharp

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Why not? We appear to be potless, our main goalscorer has gone, Osula and Jebbo are miles off, Brewster is a career sick note and Oli Mac is going the same way.

Don't get me wrong, it was time for Billy to go but what other cheap options are there?
Is this the childish level of contributions we're getting to now?

74d1056cce14de35a9551ac072e340a5.gif

Why not? We appear to be potless, our main goalscorer has gone, Osula and Jebbo are miles off, Brewster is a career sick note and Oli Mac is going the same way.

Don't get me wrong, it was time for Billy to go but what other cheap options are there?
Not sure if a WUM post or serious.

I’d take him. Genuinely.. player/coach role, one year deal with the understanding and realistic view that he’ll be played should an injury crisis occur (that being said.. he’d be involved with how things stand!)

I've not seen much of this guy if I'm honest, heard he's a bit fat, but I'd trust Hecky.

He won't come back as his number 10 shirt has been given th Ndiaye,!, oh wait a minute🤔

I thought it was the right decision to let him go when we did, but I’d have him back now, not so much as a player, very limited time on the pitch, but it currently feels like the heart has been ripped out of the club, could do with someone with his presence around the place

I thought it was the right decision to let him go when we did, but I’d have him back now, not so much as a player, very limited time on the pitch, but it currently feels like the heart has been ripped out of the club, could do with someone with his presence around the place
Hire a ghost 👻, they have a presence 🙂

Billy is a part of our history now and has a special place in our hearts. He may return in some capacity when he hangs his boots up. But I feel we are on the verge of a more cosmopolitan future with the purchase of exciting young global players. Hecky and the team will make sure they have good character which is a prerequisite for the fan base. With new owners in our near future there is plenty to be optimistic about. Obviously nothing is guaranteed but let’s all be positive.

It crossed my mind too re Sharp coming back. I wouldn't be against it! We need some fit strikers and Billy could do a job and let others get fit/used to English football. I thought it was the right call for Billy to go. Think in hindsight I can see why Hecky wanted him to stay now!

Billy is a part of our history now and has a special place in our hearts. He may return in some capacity when he hangs his boots up. But I feel we are on the verge of a more cosmopolitan future with the purchase of exciting young global players. Hecky and the team will make sure they have good character which is a prerequisite for the fan base. With new owners in our near future there is plenty to be optimistic about. Obviously nothing is guaranteed but let’s all be positive.
Agree re cosmopolitan future. If Billy stayed and got left behind it’s would spoil a superhero fairytale. Bit like comparing Anderson and Broad, know when to bow out with grace not when everyone’s asking you if it's time to retire.

Billy's era as the charecter in Tough of the Track’s Alf Turpper (ask yer dad) is over. It’s Julio Geordio time.

EDIT: Just in case yer cant ask yer dad…

Agree re cosmopolitan future. If Billy stayed and got left behind it’s would spoil a superhero fairytale. Bit like comparing Anderson and Broad, know when to bow out with grace not when everyone’s asking you if it's time to retire.

Billy's era as the charecter in Tough of the Track’s Alf Turpper (ask yer dad) is over. It’s Julio Geordio time.

EDIT: Just in case yer cant ask yer dad…
Had a couple of Victor annuals for Xmas as a kid so I am aware of Alf.

Back
Top Bottom