Injuries

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Doesn’t help us at all but there seems to be far more injuries all round this season for other clubs as well… it’s almost as if all these rule changes are affecting smaller clubs

If Robbo is a miss , please don't tell me that he would replace Trusty who would go to LB where he's useless

If Robbo is a miss , please don't tell me that he would replace Trusty who would go to LB where he's useless
I’ve read this a few times and get more confused every time I read it.

Robbo is a miss… he didn’t play today, so don’t understand the question.

Trusty didn’t play left back… partly because we play with wing backs.

Larrouci / Osborn both played left wing back today.

No idea how they're gonna make decisions in the summer with half the feckers either injured or with a recent record of injury absence.
Maybe someone will take Brewster as a party-host ? Fuck me , 5 years on big money and you could write what he's contributed on a postage stamp

I’ve read this a few times and get more confused every time I read it.

Robbo is a miss… he didn’t play today, so don’t understand the question.

Trusty didn’t play left back… partly because we play with wing backs.

Larrouci / Osborn both played left wing back today.
If Robbo plays , are you saying we drop Trusty ?

Hello darkness my old friend.

Back to the regulation double figures of injuries:

Bogle
Baldock
Lowe
Norrington-Davies
Basham
Robinson
Egan
Davies
Brewster
Jebbison

It’s quite laughable how it’s now both original first choice right backs and left backs and also the two mainstays of the central defence. Plus the one guy who could cover a few slots. You couldn’t make it up.

Hello darkness my old friend.

Back to the regulation double figures of injuries:

Bogle
Baldock
Lowe
Norrington-Davies
Basham
Robinson
Egan
Davies
Brewster
Jebbison

It’s quite laughable how it’s now both original first choice right backs and left backs and also the two mainstays of the central defence. Plus the one guy who could cover a few slots. You couldn’t make it up.

Any TV pundit "Yeah but have your heard about Newcastle's injury woes?"

Any TV pundit "Yeah but have your heard about Newcastle's injury woes?"
I did think about that. They have at least stopped accumulating injuries to their 100s of million recruitment.

Whereas we continue to add.

It will be close but we'll be pushing them for top spot by game 38. They went early but we've been consistently bad all season and have kept the pace!

Wilder seems to think Jebbo will be back before the end of the season:

“It's taken its time, obviously he’s been out injured for quite a while. But he’s making progress. He’s one of the players that hopefully we'll see before the end of the season.”

When you consider the gulf between the championship and PL,the major difference is athleticism as well as footballing ability.
Other clubs are having injury problems as well as SUFC.. A young player starting his career at the top level now, will be finished by his late 20s.
Look at Norwood, Egan, Basham and Baldock now. We might expect them to play top level until their early thirties. Not any more.
I’m betting players like PhilFoden will be a busted flush by the time he’s 28. The athleticism required to maintain that level of fitness is too much for him and others like him.

Think about top athletes from high energy events or multiple eventers. They don’t last long at world level any more. From sprinters up to middle distance runners, they dont last more than two Olympic cycles.

The same is becoming true for top class footballers. They get injured more often, and then struggle to get back to the level of fitness they had at 21.

Key players like Foden will get some protection at a top club with a top manager,who understands the stresses placed on top players, and rests them.

In the case of SUFC, we need to accept that our team is never at top level, and we are destined to be a championship club forever.

"Tampon Players" - in for a week then out again for another 3 😂

PS. I did steal this from somewhere else admittedly.....

Reactions: MKY

Back
Top Bottom