Wilder

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'd bet everything I've got that Brooks would have stopped Cairney in one-way or another compared to Norwood's embarrassing toddler like effort.
If youā€™re so good why donā€™t you become a manager? You seem to know exactly what to do? The job pays well start your courses. Hopefully you end up at the Lane as one of our own! I look forward too it.

Who signed Gbric ? Genuine question
Personally I donā€™t think Wilder who is criticised (rightly so at times) for only signing English based players would sign Athletico Madrids second choice goalkeeper.

Seems a signing from above / United world etc. I may be wrong but all signs point towards it not being his signing. El Accounto on Twitter suggested its United World and Matt Dukes recommendation.

I donā€™t think Wilder will have full control over signing (which is a good thing) he didnā€™t previously with signings like Verrips / Coulibally etc.

Personally I donā€™t think Wilder who is criticised (rightly so at times) for only signing English based players would sign Athletico Madrids second choice goalkeeper.

Seems a signing from above / United world etc. I may be wrong but all signs point towards it not being his signing. El Accounto on Twitter suggested its United World and Matt Dukes recommendation.

I donā€™t think Wilder will have full control over signing (which is a good thing) he didnā€™t previously with signings like Verrips / Coulibally etc.

ā€œI maybe wrongā€

Ooh steady Tigerā€¦ā€¦..

CW moved Ozzie into midfield when he was one of the most effective players in the position he was playing / he replaced him with a slow , clumsy Trusty and opened up the game for Traore who changed the game .

CW takes off our best player in each box , Mcburnie and replaces him with McAtee , why he didnā€™t put on Osula to maintain an athletic and energetic outlet is beyond me .

CW replaced VS with one of our best ever midfielders who unfortunately shouldnā€™t be in the squad any longer and is now a liability, he could have resolved Souza with Brooks / see Osula .

Bad management imo
Athletic energetic outlet? Is what youā€™ve described Mcburnie as?

Brooks is a winger ! Not a defensive midfielder. Look we all know Norwood messed up. But you got to look at Souza coming off with cramp and thread bare squad firstly.

If we had Tom Davies on the bench and he brought Norwood on then itā€™s a different scenario

Always up for debate my friend! Happy to be proven wrong on any subject. Iā€™m desperately hoping to be wrong about Souza as I was hounded on here for weeks for saying heā€™s absolutely awful !
Well at least we fully agree on that

I take it you were at the game. Mcburnie was blowing out of his arse as were several others. The problem we have is there are no options on the bench.
Well this may seem perhaps a bit simplistic, but in the case of McBurnie why even use the bench? At 3-1 all he has to do is let BBD do the running and in defence nod away corners all day long whilst in attack occupy a couple of their defenders, jump now and again to provide flicks on and be generally an irritating shithouse as he usually is. I mean itā€™s not like heā€™s a box to box midfielder that weā€™re going to need to chase down players and tackle them is he? AND since when has McBurnie not looked like heā€™s blowing out his arse since we signed him?

Wilder talking up Fulham's bench compared to ours was deluded nonsense and what I've come to expect from this second coming. He is De Souza in managerial form, always pointing the finger elsewhere and never taking responsibility himself.

As soon as he brought on Norwood and McAtee I feared the worst. Norwood offers nothing with or without the ball and everytime he plays teams run past him with ease (watch Wilder give him a new deal in the summer). We literally play with ten men. He should have brought on Brooks, who at least has the energy, enthusiasm and commitment to see out the game. As for McAtee. On the ball he can be good, but off it he offers nothing. He doesn't track back, he doesn't tackle. Bringing him on in a game where Fulham had 76% possession meant that we were now playing with 9 men. Bring on Osula so he can at least be further up the pitch when we lose the ball, or Slimane and shore up the midfield and see out the game with one up top. Absolute madness that cost us two points.

Wilder's choice of substitutes cost us that result, as did more woeful defending at a set piece where an unmarked player once again scored, and the equaliser came from a defender abandoning the player they were marking as they were too busy watching the ball..... again, leaving them free to shoot, credit to them for the finish.

No dodgy added time messed this up. No quality of Fulham's subs compared to ours messed this up. Wilder's ego and loyalty to certain players messed this up. His stubborness to his precious three at the back and clear lack of coaching going on when it comes to defending set pieces, which happened in his last season in charge, also factored into this.

Point the finger at yourself for once Wilder. Like most of your players who are still here since your last tenure, you're past your prime and don't work as well as you once did. This club needs an enema this summer. New players, new coaches, new scouts and a new manager with new ideas. Thanks for trying but time for us to look forward and not back. If it takes 5-6 seasons to rebuild something good then I'll take it as even last season I was bored for most of the season, despite us chasing promotion. We have gone from being the nations second favourite team playing with inovation and no fear, to the laughing stock of the nation with no long term plan and no identity. We have become a nothing club.
spot on matešŸ‘

If youā€™re so good why donā€™t you become a manager? You seem to know exactly what to do? The job pays well start your courses. Hopefully you end up at the Lane as one of our own! I look forward too it.
d2c21206-c6d9-47f6-bcdb-8054f2029490_d.png

Athletic energetic outlet? Is what youā€™ve described Mcburnie as?

Brooks is a winger ! Not a defensive midfielder. Look we all know Norwood messed up. But you got to look at Souza coming off with cramp and thread bare squad firstly.

If we had Tom Davies on the bench and he brought Norwood on then itā€™s a different scenario
Brooks isnā€™t a winger. Stop relying on Wiki. We donā€™t play with wingers. Havenā€™t done for years.

Tony_Kaufman every one of Fulhams subs starts in our 11 so why is it irrelevant?
The point I'm making is that Wilder brought on poor subs when he had better options available to him on the bench. The quality of Fulham's subs didn't lose us two points, bringing on Norwood did when he could have brought on Brooks instead.

Fulham's second goal was a great strike but another error by Anel, who failed to read the attack and close down Cordova-Reid from taking the shot. The equaliser was Robinson (I think), marking Carvalho, then abandoned him completely to watch the ball get crossed into the box, where the player he was supposed to be marking had an unchallenged opportunity to shoot.

None of this had anything to do with how good Fulham's subs are or whether they can walk into our team. We threw away two points by bringing on Captain Deadlegs who has less pace than a diabetic 90 year old on a zimmer frame, and through two appalling pieces of defending. Prior to both of these goals Fulham were running through our midfield as everyone knows that Norwood won't and can't stop you. We killed our own midfield. Brooks may be raw and still learning, but he can and would track back and stick a tackle in.

Wilder moaning about the quality and freshness of Fulham's subs was a deflection from accepting that he made the wrong subs and had better players to bring on than the ones he did. His choice of subs and errors cost us the two points, not the quality of Fulham compared to us.

Using the athleticism of Brooks in central midfield was one of the main positives when Wilder first came back, so not sure how anyone can claim he's a winger.

Sadly after showing some improvements at first, Wilder has just reverted to type trotting out a slow, useless shell of a player. Norwood may be positioned deep in the midfield but he isn't a defensive midfielder as he's incapable of defending and he certanly isn't a holding midfielder as he's never held onto anything in years. Brooks is more of an attacking player but like Osborn, he gets around the pitch and can close people down in a way, even prime Norwood was never capable of doing.

The point I'm making is that Wilder brought on poor subs when he had better options available to him on the bench. The quality of Fulham's subs didn't lose us two points, bringing on Norwood did when he could have brought on Brooks instead.

Fulham's second goal was a great strike but another error by Anel, who failed to read the attack and close down Cordova-Reid from taking the shot. The equaliser was Robinson (I think), marking Carvalho, then abandoned him completely to watch the ball get crossed into the box, where the player he was supposed to be marking had an unchallenged opportunity to shoot.

None of this had anything to do with how good Fulham's subs are or whether they can walk into our team. We threw away two points by bringing on Captain Deadlegs who has less pace than a diabetic 90 year old on a zimmer frame, and through two appalling pieces of defending. Prior to both of these goals Fulham were running through our midfield as everyone knows that Norwood won't and can't stop you. We killed our own midfield. Brooks may be raw and still learning, but he can and would track back and stick a tackle in.

Wilder moaning about the quality and freshness of Fulham's subs was a deflection from accepting that he made the wrong subs and had better players to bring on than the ones he did. His choice of subs and errors cost us the two points, not the quality of Fulham compared to us.
What I struggle with is why CW would think Norwood is better at defending than others on the bench

Bladezz, just out of interest and not wanting to start an argument, are you in any way associated with chris wilder, i ask this as you joined the forum 1 day after chris was appointed
I've stopped engaging with him (Bladezz) because there's no logic or reason to what he says. He just appears to be either Wilder himself (unlikely, and if he is that tells you everything you need to know about whether Wilder has become unhinged or not - I don't think he has), or some "fan" who is clearly deluded about how his "mate"'s return has panned out.

Bladezz, just out of interest and not wanting to start an argument, are you in any way associated with chris wilder, i ask this as you joined the forum 1 day after chris was appointed
No I am not associated with Chris Wilder. I admit to being a fan favourite! (Thinks itā€™s clear) but I will also happily criticise where and when I see fit with what he does / doesnā€™t do.

If you can remmeber back I was all for Wilder coming back after Newcastle game. Then a few games later I was very Anti Chris Wilder coming back.

But anything else drop me a message mate.

I've stopped engaging with him (Bladezz) because there's no logic or reason to what he says. He just appears to be either Wilder himself (unlikely, and if he is that tells you everything you need to know about whether Wilder has become unhinged or not - I don't think he has), or some "fan" who is clearly deluded about how his "mate"'s return has panned out.
See itā€™s a shame your not willing to discuss debate.

When I say Wilder has improved us greatly since heā€™s been in itā€™s factual. But any questions Iā€™ll be happy to answer.

When I say Wilder has improved us greatly since heā€™s been in itā€™s factual. But any questions Iā€™ll be happy to answer.

Youā€™re going to need to define greatly. Heā€™s managed 10 points in 15 games, which by my calculations would see us achieve just 25 points over a season, which would also see us relegated. In those 15 games weā€™ve also been completely embarrassed several times.

Youā€™re going to need to define greatly. Heā€™s managed 10 points in 15 games, which by my calculations would see us achieve just 25 points over a season, which would also see us relegated. In those 15 games weā€™ve also been completely embarrassed several times.
I mean come on mate, you are debating factually correct numbers.

PH - 0.36 PPG
CW - 0.66 PPG

Now he clearly has faults and has made mistakes, but we are gaining points at a rate nearly double that of before CW came in.

Not a survival rate, no.
But unquestionably improved.

No problem let me try explain.

We were on course to be relegated with Less points than Derby County the worst Premier league side ever.

Second point if you believe Hecky was a good manager. He got 5 points in 14 games and 2 of those points were from Baldock diving against Wolves. We were out played in every single match. Would give us total points of 13 points.

Wilder you say over a season would get us 25 points. Close to twice as many points. That has to be greatly improved? But happy to debate that doubling our previous managers expected points total is not very good then I would like your answer on what is good.

I believe the side is so poorly equipped the signings of Souza / Trusty / Slimane / Traore are players Wilder has to deal with.

Our best player currently is one Wilder got us on loan and without checking our top goalscorer.

I could go on but think thatā€™s answered your point.

Edit: we were on track for 13 points. We would have beaten Derbys record. Apologies.

PH - 0.36 PPG
CW - 0.66 PPG

Now he clearly has faults and has made mistakes, but we are gaining points at a rate nearly double that of before CW came in.

Not a survival rate, no.
Wish I had seen this before I started googling the points totals etc.

This is with Wilder inheriting a team with zero confidence and a team ghastly unfit. Would he have kept us up ? Itā€™s unlikely but a hell of a lot more likely than Hecky.

But some fans beleive Hecky was great and then Wilder is substantially better.

PH - 0.36 PPG
CW - 0.66 PPG

Not a survival rate, no.

Greatly improved is what Iā€™m questioning. Thereā€™s no doubt weā€™ve seen some improvement but I wouldnā€™t say itā€™s been great. Have you enjoyed our performances since he returned?

No problem let me try explain.

We were on course to be relegated with Less points than Derby County the worst Premier league side ever.

Second point if you believe Hecky was a good manager. He got 5 points in 14 games and 2 of those points were from Baldock diving against Wolves. We were out played in every single match. Would give us total points of 13 points.

Wilder you say over a season would get us 25 points. Close to twice as many points. That has to be greatly improved? But happy to debate that doubling our previous managers expected points total is not very good then I would like your answer on what is good.

I believe the side is so poorly equipped the signings of Souza / Trusty / Slimane / Traore are players Wilder has to deal with.

Our best player currently is one Wilder got us on loan and without checking our top goalscorer.

I could go on but think thatā€™s answered your point.

Edit: we were on track for 13 points. We would have beaten Derbys record. Apologies.

Again, things have improved but to say itā€™s greatly improved is what Iā€™m questioning. Defensively weā€™ve been just as poor under Wilder than we were under Hekcy. I get that youā€™re absolutely desperate to try and paint a pretty picture but have you enjoyed our performances since he returned?

Look mate, there isn't really any debate. I made it 9 points from 16 games, but whatever, it's appalling, whether it's 9 from a possible 48 or 10 from a possible 45 it's not really defendable. "Improved us greatly" just doesn't stand up. If it's 9 points from 16 games then we got 6 points from 13 under Hecky, or 5 from 15. Either way, we're a tiny bit better statistically, but the evidence on the pitch, with very occasional exceptions, points to us being realistically almost as bad.
If you came on here and said we're a tiny bit better, there is a tiny bit of evidence for that, but you do overdo your clear liking for Wilder somewhat.

You do realise since heā€™s come back results have massively improved and that we arenā€™t even the worst team in the league since his arrival and we would be 3 points of safety if the season started when it did.

This coupled with Heckys terrible signings and having an unfit side with zero confidence is a remarkable turn around. Even though we still arenā€™t the best the results have greatly improved.
While it may be the case that United have accrued a few more points under Wilder, the 31 goals conceded in the last 9 games including a club record run of four consecutive home games conceding 5 goals or more doesnā€™t really support the claim of a ā€œmassive improvementā€ in results. Marginal improvement would be more accurate. And performance wise itā€™s hard to say really. Same shit different day generally speaking, wouldnā€™t you agree?

Back
Top Bottom