CONFIRMED HSBC Sports Ground - New first team training centre

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Same as anything else ,you have to put in the hard yards to get the facilities your club wants

They probably have more pitches than just about every junior club in Sheffield. The whole of Whirlow playing fields is their home ground. If they hire HSBC at times I’m guessing it’s for the eldest age groups who want a nice flat pitch and not a sloping one, maybe Lnd Rd Blades can confirm that.

End of the day HSBC is a private sports ground which primarily is for bank staff to enjoy and hire pitches out to some lucky teams but it is not there for grassroots football. Now its there for United.
Mate there’s not enough room as it is, otherwise I wouldn’t have mentioned it.

Ecclesall Rangers play at limb lane, hsbc and Warminster.

There’s also Porter that play at HSBC and Warminster

So far brinsworth has been mentioned for us.

I’m going to ring round local schools in the morning.

Some of you haven’t got a clue.

Sheffield United cricket ground pitches for hire

There's 75% less matches on a Sunday than 20 years ago
I'm sure that istrue but there are probably a lot less pitches as well.

Limb lane has certainly lost some, as has Graves. The pitches between Graves and Warminster are now a housing estate. I can imagine finding a decent pitch is tricky

Plenty of grass root football clubs have used warminster and still do ,not saying it doesn't cost but is top quality
Charging 10-15 kids £25 a month subs isn’t going to pay for Warminster Road pitches.

You seem to be missing the point. If pitches are empty they’re either not available or too expensive. Teams are fighting over pitches at the right price point.

Gosforth school and sports centre pitches to hire

There are tonnes of matches on Graves every weekend. It’s back to back Sundays with one team off and the next on.

If you’re walking past empty pitches at 10am on a Tuesday morning consider that it might not be the case on a Saturday and Sunday morning.

In my experience the last few years, junior football pitches are like rocking horse shit.
Mate, I'd just stop arguing with these people. They're just morons who want to throw whataboutery at you because they once walked past a football on a Tuesday afternoon and no one was using it... The fact that in the mile or so from the site in question there's Ecclesall Rangers, Porter, Brunsmeer, Millhouses FC with at least 8 age groups, most with more than 1 team per age group - all scrambling for pitches. But hey - theres a field near Worksop not being used, what's your problem!

Charging 10-15 kids £25 a month subs isn’t going to pay for Warminster Road pitches.

You seem to be missing the point. If pitches are empty they’re either not available or too expensive. Teams are fighting over pitches at the right price point.
Talk to the council they have loads of unused pitches,still a cost though

Mate, I'd just stop arguing with these people. They're just morons who want to throw whataboutery at you because they once walked past a football on a Tuesday afternoon and no one was using it... The fact that in the mile or so from the site in question there's Ecclesall Rangers, Porter, Brunsmeer, Millhouses FC with at least 8 age groups, most with more than 1 team per age group - all scrambling for pitches. But hey - theres a field near Worksop not being used, what's your problem!
Tell me when three quarters of the Sunday and Saturday mens leagues have gone that you can't get pitches

I’m done now, I’ve just realised that it’s one of those ‘internet arguments’ that you can’t win when the other side has zero awareness of the actual issue.

Try booking Gosforth on a weekend.

You haven’t got a clue. Believe me, you’re making yourself look silly.
I've told you get in touch at coal aston only one pitch is utilised out of the two and that only ever other week ,good changing facilities also contact Derbyshire council

Of course I’ve a clue, I’ve been around kids football off and on for 40 years. I’ve scouted for decades and constantly visited every junior club in South Yorks I know all about space. My point is Ecclesall Rangers have all Whirlow playing fields which most clubs would kill for. Not being big enough is down to planning, how many home games, kick off times etc… Teams like Middlewood who have their own grounds and are well run, how do they manage it with less pitches than you have on Whirlow?

The three people that are actually
Of course I’ve a clue, I’ve been around kids football off and on for 40 years. I’ve scouted for decades and constantly visited every junior club in South Yorks I know all about space. My point is Ecclesall Rangers have all Whirlow playing fields which most clubs would kill for. Not being big enough is down to planning, how many home games, kick off times etc… Teams like Middlewood who have their own grounds and are well run, how do they manage it with less pitches than you have on Whirlow?
no you’re right mate. I just made it up there’s loads of room.

no you’re right mate. I just made it up there’s loads of room.
I’m not saying your making it up, not having a dig at you but how do Middlewood manage with less pitches, staggered Kick Off times?

I’m not saying your making it up, not having a dig at you but how do Middlewood manage with less pitches, staggered Kick Off times?
Limit the number of teams per age group and stagger KO times, same as Handsworth do.

Apologies to those delicate flowers who didn’t like the off topic conversation, I’d suggest not reading the posts you aren’t interested in though rather than moaning!

Limit the number of teams per age group and stagger KO times, same as Handsworth do.

Apologies to those delicate flowers who didn’t like the off topic conversation, I’d suggest not reading the posts you aren’t interested in though rather than moaning!
So, how do I not read them but know they're not relevant before I've read them.....magic?

Amazing news! Honestly thought of everywhere in Sheffield and surrounding areas if there was anywhere perfect for a training ground it would be the HSBC ground, can’t believe we have got it. Overjoyed at it tbh.

Showing potential players around the training ground and they are stuck in traffic on Rutland RD heading upto Shirecliffe I bet they think doesn’t look to good around here, compare to showing them around HSBC ground in a lovely part of the city with amazingly countryside on the doorstep. A massive step forward for the future of the club 🤩
Abdullah just when he’s about to cop some serious flack…

1709853534551.gif

Mixed views... superb news for the blades. Lovely site

Also I spent a massive portion of my footballing life up there from 20 years old to mid 30s. Meadowhall, County senior, over 35, departmental 5 a sides etc. Superb facilities and great memories all gone at the click of a.bank transfer.

Back
Top Bottom