The carnage on the pitch...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I’ve no idea how things are behind the scenes, but I will say this: I can’t ever remember seeing 11 players seem so unconnected to each other on the pitch. It looks like they’ve never met each other.

None of them read each other. Almost all passes seem to go behind a player or to their wrong foot. The back ‘line’ is all over the place (they don’t even seem to look at each other). Midfielders don’t cover each other. I never see instructions being yelled out. Passes go straight out for throw ins because the other player wasn’t even looking at the ball. Nobody knew who was marking who on corners. We get the ball in their half and nobody rushes up to help. A loose ball in the centre circle and our players stand still watching each other.

I feel sorry for them for the hand they were dealt, but it really is a shitshow and they don’t much help themselves.

I hope Wilder has no input into who goes or who stays. He needs to be the 1st out of the door come May...
We have to do what ever is necessary to go straight back up next season and Wilder isn't good enough.
The Championship will probably be the weakest it's been for years if Leicester, Leeds and Southampton go up and us Burnley and Luton come down. If we don't go straight back up next season I can't see us getting back to the Premiership for years...
Wilder needs to be the second one out of the door after the fucking cheapskate Abdullah and his hench men!! That bastards made us an all time laughing stock..

By non playing staff, I presume you mean the coaches rather than the the kit man?
No, I’m talking about people who work in the bars and hospitality, the training ground. These people are the ones who are going to suffer.

No, I’m talking about people who work in the bars and hospitality, the training ground. These people are the ones who are going to suffer.
They will suffer because of the lack of funds, not because they get the blame for the dire situation we find ourselves in, and it's a bit disingenuous of you to try to make out the tea lady is going to take the blame for how shit we are.

You'd do well to leave your agenda at the door at such a shit time as a blades supporter.

They will suffer because of the lack of funds, not because they get the blame for the dire situation we find ourselves in, and it's a bit disingenuous of you to try to make out the tea lady is going to take the blame for how shit we are.

You'd do well to leave your agenda at the door at such a shit time as a blades supporter.
Spot on .

That isn’t what I said, they won’t be blamed but they will suffer for the clubs state. If we hadn’t of gone up last season the club would be an even bigger mess, we weren’t even paying non football bills.

That isn’t what I said, they won’t be blamed but they will suffer for the clubs state. If we hadn’t of gone up last season the club would be an even bigger mess, we weren’t even paying non football bills.
No shit Sherlock. Of course they will suffer, anyone connected to the club is already guaranteed to suffer.

With their livelihood.
If you're part of the backroom staff I do really feel for you, and I would hate it if the heart of the club was ripped out. But we can't escape the fact we change from top to bottom. We need a completely new approach if we have any chance of turning this around.

Who's to blame then? Obviously the Prince can't afford to fund the club but we've basically gone up, pocketed the money and spent basically zero. So we should've put the club on a much better financial footing. Doing all that means we have the results we have which I guess contributes to the split dressing room, but if we're still in a financial mess then Bettis has to hold some accountability?

Who's to blame then? Obviously the Prince can't afford to fund the club but we've basically gone up, pocketed the money and spent basically zero. So we should've put the club on a much better financial footing. Doing all that means we have the results we have which I guess contributes to the split dressing room, but if we're still in a financial mess then Bettis has to hold some accountability?
My understanding is that the promotion money is paying off the debt that we accrued by over-spending last time we were in the Prem.

For example, the loans we took out against future Premier League payments when it looked like we might trouble Europe in the 19/20.

That’s why there was no money to spend this season. If we were going down with a decent spine of a Championship squad then we might have a chance of building something with the parachute money but it looks like we’ll need an entire new first 11 which isnt happening in one summer.

My understanding is that the promotion money is paying off the debt that we accrued by over-spending last time we were in the Prem.

For example, the loans we took out against future Premier League payments when it looked like we might trouble Europe in the 19/20.

That’s why there was no money to spend this season. If we were going down with a decent spine of a Championship squad then we might have a chance of building something with the parachute money but it looks like we’ll need an entire new first 11 which isnt happening in one summer.
Oh absolutely get that, my question is why we are in such a financial mess for next season. The whole point of not spending anything this season was to allow the club to get back on an even keel financially...

Yes we will be, the summer will be a case of fire selling and spending the bare minimum and cutting costs all over the club.
Cost cutting like every club does when they get relegated you mean. You’re going on like we’re on the verge of admin 😴

We will sell back Archer, sell Ahmedhodzic and possibly one of Hamer or Souza.

We’ll be at the front if the queue for loans and free transfers at that level.

Point is, Jamie Carragher is right. We are a disgrace at this level. But Sky has to take some blame for that for extending the gulf between top and bottom.

We will have players on 20k per week playing against some Arsenal players tonight who would have been on 10-20x that amount.

This is the state of football now.

Don’t tell me in August we can’t compete with Coventry and Preston.

We will sell back Archer, sell Ahmedhodzic and possibly one of Hamer or Souza.

We’ll be at the front if the queue for loans and free transfers at that level.

Point is, Jamie Carragher is right. We are a disgrace at this level. But Sky has to take some blame for that for extending the gulf between top and bottom.

We will have players on 20k per week playing against some Arsenal players tonight who would have been on 10-20x that amount.

This is the state of football now.

Don’t tell me in August we can’t compete with Coventry and Preston.
Looks like you might be a tad disappointed pal.

Back
Top Bottom