The carnage on the pitch...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Strange if we’re so skint that even when selling up or trying to sell up we are investing in a new training ground…hmmm
I think the reasoning behind this is that we’re investing in an asset which is unlikely to depreciate. It’s much less of a gamble than investing in players every signing is a gamble and of course you commit to paying their wages.

They’re human beings. They cry too.

But if I had my way.

Fuck em of to the Faroe Islands on a Herring trawler.
I just want them to at least look like they give a fuck.

But they don’t…..

In the 48 hours since I started this thread we've lost our head of recruitment and heard revelations in the national media of our shambolic dealings in the transfer market last summer.
I'm trying to set expectations for these things, so people know there's stuff going on. For many reasons, I wouldn't say it's my place to lay out every single detail.
Yes, thankfully we’ve lost our head of recruitment. Let’s hope there’s more good news to follow.

Get Jay Socik in as head of analytics and recruitment and Roygbiv and Beans head of communication and commercial. We need Passsssunnn!

I think there would be a market for a Threads themed t shirt on this season. Maybe the players crestfallen after the 8-0 with a nuclear explosion in the background and the words "Jesus Christ they've done it" on the top.

Got more ideas like this if anyone at SUFC wants to give me a call.

Yep - I’m no financial expert but if we were in financial difficulties, the last thing we’d do is buy a piece of very expensive (by Sheffield standards) real estate that can’t get planning permission for much other than a Sports facility.
For a sports facility? Bloody hell. Do you think he wants to build luxury flats on it?

5 pages and I'm not sure we are any further along than "winning is more fun than losing. Losing by a lot, often is particularly upsetting for the players"

5 pages and I'm not sure we are any further along than "winning is more fun than losing. Losing by a lot, often is particularly upsetting for the players"
And when we’re relegated, we’ll be cutting costs (wages) and some people will be pissed off about it.

No shit Sherlock.

And when we’re relegated, we’ll be cutting costs (wages) and some people will be pissed off about it.

No shit Sherlock.
Lots of reasons to have issues with how the club is run. No issue with the fact every fucker is currently miserable and some costs may be cut. Just the way it is with a disaster season like this

Current round-up of March.
  • Head of recruitment, Paul Mitchell, who has been with United since 2016, has left the club by mutual consent.
  • Chris Wilder goes to Riyadh to discuss club's future with owner Prince Abdullah.
  • Sheffield United is thrilled to announce a deal has been struck to significantly enhance the club's off-field infrastructure. The club have secured the site of the HSBC Sports and Social Club in Dore, with the aim of developing the area to become the new home of our men's first team. The new state-of-the-art training centre will include two full sized Desso pitches, additional grass and all-weather pitches, first team offices, a gymnasium and potential player residential accommodation.
  • Sheffield United is delighted to announce a second major infrastructure project, owner Prince Abdullah and the United board of directors have approved the redevelopment of the hotel at Bramall Lane.

Unless Paul Mitchell chinned a member of the kitchen staff on the way out, where might this carnage be?
pulp-fiction-john-travolta.gif

Current round-up of March.
  • Head of recruitment, Paul Mitchell, who has been with United since 2016, has left the club by mutual consent.
  • Chris Wilder goes to Riyadh to discuss club's future with owner Prince Abdullah.
  • Sheffield United is thrilled to announce a deal has been struck to significantly enhance the club's off-field infrastructure. The club have secured the site of the HSBC Sports and Social Club in Dore, with the aim of developing the area to become the new home of our men's first team. The new state-of-the-art training centre will include two full sized Desso pitches, additional grass and all-weather pitches, first team offices, a gymnasium and potential player residential accommodation.
  • Sheffield United is delighted to announce a second major infrastructure project, owner Prince Abdullah and the United board of directors have approved the redevelopment of the hotel at Bramall Lane.

Unless Paul Mitchell chinned a member of the kitchen staff on the way out, where might this carnage be?
View attachment 180791
Just wait and then you'll see ........ (waits until bad thing inevitably happens so I can claim the role of Nyron Nostrodamus, king of the ITK's!)

Just wait and then you'll see ........ (waits until bad thing inevitably happens so I can claim the role of Nyron Nostrodamus, king of the ITK's!)

Ahem, my expose over Mitchell leaving sees myself as current top kiddy. And no one has called me a c**t yet !

(Well, not for being itk King).

I may retire undefeated rather than plummet to the ground like previous claimants in their futile pursuit of forum glory.

Let's wait and see how many players we have have rocking up for duty when pre-season training begins. Or what kind of shape our squad is in come the opening day of the season.
I think we know that's going to be a disaster but your vagueness like a teenage girl posting on social media looking for a u ok Hun? reply covering all bases is very tiresome

Let's wait and see how many players we have have rocking up for duty when pre-season training begins. Or what kind of shape our squad is in come the opening day of the season.
Morning Baltic, I wouldn't assume to think any differently that there's arguments, disagreements and as Rifleman put it "in-fighting" going on at the moment, whether that be staff, players or both. If people were coming to work having a bit of slap and tickle over our current league position, it would be rather odd. "Carnage" though insinuated a falling house of cards situation to me with horrific news incoming.

Was your original post regarding Mitchell?

Relegated side sells key players isn't exactly going to be earth shattering news, it happens to every team that goes down but to me it appears the club is already amending previous errors with contracts tying down Brooks, Arblaster and the like to long contracts since it's evident they'll be playing a big part next season. Concerns over finances seem to be eased with the purchase intention of the HSBC grounds along with the hotel moving forward. It's not lost on me that work and as such money is yet to be splashed on these two endeavours yet, but it would be a very bizarre move to announce such intentions during looming relegation and then revert back, aggravating an already frustrated fan base.

I'm not discrediting your original post, I don't believe you'd post something like that without some substance. I'm just curious if the carnage was just related to Mitchell leaving in what may have been an ugly exit despite "mutual consent" from PR.

Be interesting to see who comes up with a squad list in July for pre-season training
I'd include baldock, Brewster, archer and Ossie in the list , everyone else ooc can be told "thanks but no thanks" unless someone can convince me otherwise with any of the others ?
Anel will be sold and souza if the price is right (but personally I think a season in the championship would make him !)

However, out of all the players out if contract at the end of the season, whinwouod we want to keep

For me just Baldock and possibly Osborn ( as he would be a useful back up in several positions)
i agree with that but would keep Robo to .Baldock gives it everything and Osborn is handy being able to play in most positions.

Be interesting to see who comes up with a squad list in July for pre-season training
I'd include baldock, Brewster, archer and Ossie in the list , everyone else ooc can be told "thanks but no thanks" unless someone can convince me otherwise with any of the others ?
Anel will be sold and souza if the price is right (but personally I think a season in the championship would make him !)
i would keep Robo to

Ahem, my expose over Mitchell leaving sees myself as current top kiddy. And no one has called me a c**t yet !

(Well, not for being itk King).

I may retire undefeated rather than plummet to the ground like previous claimants in their futile pursuit of forum glory.
C--t

Brewster's contract ends next year

Back
Top Bottom