Player Suggestion Viktor Johansson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Why would we make the deal if he didn't want to come? Since nobody cares about 'tapping up' anymore, surely we asked the player early doors?

Also, WYHDP?

From mate who works for the Millers.

Above is practically word for word what he sent me.

Just what I've been told, don't shoot the messenger.

From mate who works for the Millers.

Above is practically word for word what he sent me.

Just what I've been told, don't shoot the messenger.
I doubt that’s his position. It’s unlikely that European sides are scouting the bottom of the Championship and I think playing regularly at a top 4 Championship side gets him into the reckoning after all he got a call up, while at Rotherham.

Last edited:
I doubt that’s his position. It’s unlikely that European sides are scouting the bottom of the Championship and I think playing regularly at a top 4 Championship side gets him into the reckoning after all he got a call up, while at Rotherham.

Like I said just passing on what I've been told.

May be accurate, might not.. however I've no reason not to trust my mate.

Just don't be surprised if Johansson doesn't end up here.

It’s unlikely that European sides are scouting the bottom of the Championship

I think you underestimate quite how extensive a lot of club's scouting actually reaches, quite reasonably based on how pisspoor ours is, as well as how easy it is to do relevant scouting these days

Deal made, Rotherham happy but Johansson setting his sights higher.

Wants to push for Sweden number 1 position and is waiting for a club who's playing European football to come calling.. he's happy to wait it out.

Won't be coming to Sheffield United 😔

Not saying he's coming but he won't need to be playing European football to become Sweden's number 1. All their current keepers play in the Swedish league. Playing at the top end of The Championship would almost certainly see him becoming first choice.

Journalists were reporting he's desperate to join us.

Doesn't have to move house, can potentially come in and be number 1, help us stay up and then get offers from far higher clubs.

On the opposite, this time in 6 months he could be a League 1 player.....

I think you underestimate quite how extensive a lot of club's scouting actually reaches, quite reasonably based on how pisspoor ours is, as well as how easy it is to do relevant scouting these days
Who was the last player bought for a side playing in Europe from a bottom 3 Championship side? Then there is wages on offer, whereby the Chanpionship pays better than a lot abroad too.
Our market was tapped out when the likes of Villa, Palace and Fulham were copying our model and fishing in our pond. Even West Ham tipped their toes in it, however they’ve all seemingly decided there is better value in other markets now.

Who was the last player bought for a side playing in Europe from a bottom 3 Championship side? Then there is wages on offer, whereby the Chanpionship pays better than a lot abroad too.

That nobody has apparently bought anybody does not mean that clubs are not aware of certain players. It's trivial to get a basic understanding, and it's not much harder to go on a deeper dive on particular clubs/players once that basic scanning identifies someone of interest. Won't dispute that relative wages might be an issue in terms of actual moves being viable, but it's all relative - probably half the German third division could piss all over what Rotherham are paying this guy in wages if they so desired

Am sure our scouting does a lot of player recommendations but the problem is that when the player's agent is aware of our interest, the agent then alert the other clubs. What can we do to stop agents doing this?

You are totally wrong about your criticism towards our scouting, the agents have a lot of power and influence. You are just a typical toxic fan looking for a stick to beat the club with!

Am sure our scouting does a lot of player recommendations but the problem is that when the player's agent is aware of our interest, the agent then alert the other clubs. What can we do to stop agents doing this?

You are totally wrong about your criticism towards our scouting, the agents have a lot of power and influence. You are just a typical toxic fan looking for a stick to beat the club with!
Yep 100% Silent !.

CW......"Hi, is that Leicester City....Good....now, about that keeper you have that's played 28 times in the last 3 seasons....."

LCFC....."erm is that our 3rd choice, Danny Ward......?"

CW..."yes that's the lad, we'll take him"

LCFC..."are you mad?"

CW..."doesn't matter, he's Welsh"....Klana OK?

I think your mates full of shit

Not saying he's coming but he won't need to be playing European football to become Sweden's number 1. All their current keepers play in the Swedish league. Playing at the top end of The Championship would almost certainly see him becoming first choice.
Also, we literally had Sweden's number one playing for us in the Championship 2 years ago. (Yes he was absolutely toilet but that's a different matter)

While what you say is true... I don't think you can use that to argue that our scouting network/system around the world is at Premier League level or even close...

That’s probably why he’s not considering Utd

That nobody has apparently bought anybody does not mean that clubs are not aware of certain players. It's trivial to get a basic understanding, and it's not much harder to go on a deeper dive on particular clubs/players once that basic scanning identifies someone of interest. Won't dispute that relative wages might be an issue in terms of actual moves being viable, but it's all relative - probably half the German third division could piss all over what Rotherham are paying this guy in wages if they so desired
You're trivialising the post to say that clubs aren't aware of these players. What I said was they don't actually push on and try and secure players from this market.
That could be because they don't think it represents value, or it could be wages.
One thing I think you are getting wrong is that it's not about what Rotherham are paying him now, it's what other clubs will pay for him now, namely us, and most lower league German sides wouldn't be able to complete.

Maybe not, but they'll be scouting the top part of the Championship and he is often in the opposing goal at those games

Maybe not, but they'll be scouting the top part of the Championship and he is often in the opposing goal at those games
Now that's a fair point. However I'd go back to the fact that they never, or certainly haven't as far as I can remember, had the courage to make a deal.
I think there is a general reluctance due to the perceived risk, which is good for us as that was where we had a lot of success under Wilder last time. We were just fucked when the other PL teams started copying our model and doing the same to us, picking off the best and blowing us out the water with superior budgets, inflating that market. They don't see to be as interested now, as proven by a couple of the top scorers from the last season not being picked up by the league above.

Last edited:
I reckon Robin Olsen has had a word and told him not to bother with us. And in any case if he is acting like that he sounds a bit of a stuck up tw@t, we don’t need that.

Wants to push for Sweden number 1 position and is waiting for a club who's playing European football to come calling.. he's happy to wait it out.

Ah yes good old European football.

Hacken play European football. Or did.

They got knocked out of the Champions League Second Qualifying round by a team from the Faroe Islands.

They then got a second chance into the Europa League where after 3 games against teams from Germany, Norway and Azerbaijan, they have played 3, lost 3 with a goal difference of -9.

So to me at least, the whole notion of “playing European football” is a crock of shit.

Most teams that the Champions of Sweden have played, apart from Leverkusen, United would beat - The New Saints, KI, Zalgiris, Aberdeen, Qarabag and Molde.

So by all means if you can get ‘a team in Europe’ good luck but let that be a team that plays in a good league and does well in that league too.

Ah yes good old European football.

Hacken play European football. Or did.

They got knocked out of the Champions League Second Qualifying round by a team from the Faroe Islands.

They then got a second chance into the Europa League where after 3 games against teams from Germany, Norway and Azerbaijan, they have played 3, lost 3 with a goal difference of -9.

So to me at least, the whole notion of “playing European football” is a crock of shit.

Most teams that the Champions of Sweden have played, apart from Leverkusen, United would beat - The New Saints, KI, Zalgiris, Aberdeen, Qarabag and Molde.

So by all means if you can get ‘a team in Europe’ good luck but let that be a team that plays in a good league and does well in that league too.

Well obviously lol.

Not like he going to sign for Shamrock Rovers lol.

I think the suggestion is a team in one of the top leagues that regularly finish in and around European qualification rather than a lower half team.

We won’t buy a goalkeeper.

Been saying this from the start we won’t pay a transfer fee.

I’m ITK.

😂😂😂

Back
Top Bottom