Andre Brooks

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Can only be a good thing that he’s signed up. Getting minutes at that level, and that age is incredibly rare if you look round the league.

Not the finished product but he’s not completely looked out of place - when you consider how some of the other players have looked when tested at this level. He’s played against the current top 3 (Liverpool, villa and city) and Chelsea so a baptism of fire as is were.

If we get some positive news on arblaster, Jebbo to go with the likes of Osula and marsh. You have the makings of the next generation of the first team.

Still yet to see why he's starting regularly tbh
I have to agree. He is one of those where the Premier League is a level above where he should be starting games but hopefully he will benefit from the experience and we can really see what he can do in the Championship next season

Still yet to see why he's starting regularly tbh
Who would replace him?

Other regular starters who we’ve paid a lot of money for haven’t been better, if not, they’ve been worse.

He’s 20 for god’s sake and played about 6 Premier League games, two of which against probably two of the best sides in the world. He’s helped drive play forward in games and has a knack for being able to win the ball back.

Waste of a contract. He fannies about with the ball too much when his job should be scuffling about in the middle of the parks and banging it in the channels for the forwards to chase down.

Fuck me can some people just not be okay with some relatively decent news. Do you live your lives this unhappy with everything else?

He's a young academy lad at the start of his career basically thrown in at the deep end and as far as I'm concerned, while obviously inexperienced he hasn't looked too out of place against some of the best in the world.

It's hardly like we paid multi millions for the lad to spend all his time either injured, in court or under performing is it. Bloody hell.

Waste of a contract. He fannies about with the ball too much when his job should be scuffling about in the middle of the parks and banging it in the channels for the forwards to chase down.
Beer too early isn't good but tongue in cheek I'm hoping for though here? 🤪

Not saying he's been world class but we've got nowt else that's what I'm meaning.
I just await the backlash on him when those pretending he's done amazing start seeing he's just about keeping his head above water. This isn't a knock at him but rather some of the more ott fan reactions.

Football is a running based game. He is one of the few midfielders we have who can repeatedly run at the right pace for this division. Next!
Mo Farah can run get him in. He needs to create chances or break up play in midfield. He does neither right now. Having seen some of his youth games he'd work best in the front 3 but I don't think he's the best option there yet.

Mo Farah can run get him in. He needs to create chances or break up play in midfield. He does neither right now. Having seen some of his youth games he'd work best in the front 3 but I don't think he's the best option there yet.
He's made some brilliant tackles, covers a lot of ground, works hard, and is quite obviously a talented lad. I can see how this type of midfielder confuses a lot of our fans after the past few years of Fleck and Norwood, but honestly it's for the best 👍

He got the ball out for our first goal last week. Quick pass forward to start the break away.

He also regularly wins the ball back for us. Far more than Hamer does.

I can only assume you watch football games with a crash helmet on back to front
Sure the lads inconsistent but to say he doesn't break up play or create is fundamentally not true
Does he do it enough ? Debatable
But your post is just stupid and a bit of a feeble attempt to wind up fellow blades

He's got something but he's actually done very little. He isn't ready to start every game imo.

Fair assessment.

But that’s not unusual. Very very few players 20 and under are regular starters at this level. You’re talking the ones who go on to be true superstars. It’s a mix of his ability and our unbalanced / injured squad that he’s starting games now but he’s doing ok.

Keeping his head above water when thrown is a good sign imo. He will continue developing and next year will be able to stake a claim in the championship next season hopefully.

Fair assessment.

But that’s not unusual. Very very few players 20 and under are regular starters at this level. You’re talking the ones who go on to be true superstars. It’s a mix of his ability and our unbalanced / injured squad that he’s starting games now but he’s doing ok.

Keeping his head above water when thrown is a good sign imo. He will continue developing and next year will be able to stake a claim in the championship next season hopefully.
Absolutely. It's not an attack or saying he's shite. Watching the Chelsea game and they are the youngest side in the League and play like it very hot and cold and their average age is 3 years older than Brooks and they've spent more building that side than we have since the club was formed!

I’ve seen a few ask but you’ve not answered.
Who would you be starting ahead of him?
I'm not completely convinced the 3 works that well for us with this team ( pre bbd who is still a wait and see) so I'd move mcatee into a Duffy type zone and hamer and Norwood/souza as the holding.

I'm not completely convinced the 3 works that well for us with this team ( pre bbd who is still a wait and see) so I'd move mcatee into a Duffy type zone and hamer and Norwood/souza as the holding.
Mcatee, Hamer and Souza/Norwood are currently starting with Brooks. Are you suggesting we should have starting Norwood instead of Brooks, or someone like Slimane?
BBD is a red herring, as you were saying Brooks shouldn't have been starting, therefore you obviously believe someone else should have been?
I'm just struggling to see who given the options available.

Mcatee, Hamer and Souza/Norwood are currently starting with Brooks. Are you suggesting we should have starting Norwood instead of Brooks, or someone like Slimane?
BBD is a red herring, as you were saying Brooks shouldn't have been starting, therefore you obviously believe someone else should have been?
I'm just struggling to see who given the options available.
For me brooks hasn't shown much to suggest he's a automatic starter yet which he has been under Wilder. Not saying he's crap it's early in his career. Granted we aren't blessed with Premier league quality it I haven't seen any from him. I'd rather see him coming on from the bench.

It's opinions over team selection and it does make me laugh when people get all sweary over it. He's the shiny new toy so people are a bit defensive when I have the opinion he's not really adding much. Raw materials are good but so were Oli Burke's it doesn't mean he's good enough.

For me brooks hasn't shown much to suggest he's a automatic starter yet which he has been under Wilder. Not saying he's crap it's early in his career. Granted we aren't blessed with Premier league quality it I haven't seen any from him. I'd rather see him coming on from the bench.

It's opinions over team selection and it does make me laugh when people get all sweary over it. He's the shiny new toy so people are a bit defensive when I have the opinion he's not really adding much. Raw materials are good but so were Oli Burke's it doesn't mean he's good enough.
I fully understand your view and I'm probably supportive of it, however I think your phrasing of it is probably causing some of the antagonisation.

You don't think he's should be a Premier League level starter. That's a fair comment, although I could lay that charge at many of our squad.
The challenge, certainly from me, is given the options who should have had his starting shirt, and you've not convinced me you have an alternate in mind.
The only options I could think of would be Slimane, or Norwood, but from what I've seen it's not an obvious choice and they're hardly kicking the door down, so why wouldn't you get some experience into a kid?

January incomings will probably mean he will drop to the bench, but I think he'll benefit hugely from the time he's had, and for my money we had no better options so we've not be negatively impacted by it.

Back
Top Bottom