I've an awful feeling....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We are going to get turned over by Brentford today. After the heroics of 24% possession against Liverpool and the one shot we had on target, our standards may fall once again and we realise we have still got a team with no discipline, who don't want to run, track back, want the ball or even attempt to get back in position to play offside, let alone deal with a cross and we have simply just changed the manager, who rather than appear to be the leadership we so greatly need, is just the same bloke we tried to engineer the sack back in 2021, to get a pay off and after his team was failing and thought he could simply walk into another job.

I'm sorry, I really cant get past this. I just can't.

The video I saw at the training ground where McBurnie, fresh from hanging us out to dry against Burnley last week was high fiving Wilder every two minutes quite frankly made me sick.

I hope I'm wrong, but think our dive into oblivion is at its inception, rather than the end.

I tbink we have found Alan....

Fuck off Alan.

We are going to get turned over by Brentford today. After the heroics of 24% possession against Liverpool and the one shot we had on target, our standards may fall once again and we realise we have still got a team with no discipline, who don't want to run, track back, want the ball or even attempt to get back in position to play offside, let alone deal with a cross and we have simply just changed the manager, who rather than appear to be the leadership we so greatly need, is just the same bloke we tried to engineer the sack back in 2021, to get a pay off and after his team was failing and thought he could simply walk into another job.

The video I saw at the training ground where McBurnie, fresh from hanging us out to dry against Burnley last week was high fiving Wilder every two minutes quite frankly made me sick.

I hope I'm wrong, but think our dive into oblivion is at its inception, rather than the end.

Glass half full lad, you ain't even got a glass. 😉

The overall performance was much better on Wednesday, however it's hard to judge after Wilder had one training session and a match against Liverpool. Set piece defending still needs to be improved as does ball retention, as the possession stats were as bad as they have been all season. That said, we were more positive going forward in attacks, and with better decision making from Archer and McAtee they could have scored some goals. One example being a counter attack at pace. Archer had an opportunity to either take on and go round the defender, who he would have beaten with his pace, or lay it off early to his left to McAtee. He retained it for too long, ran fowards straight into the defender then tried to pass it to McAtee when he had hit the wall. The more these two play together the better an understanding they will develop and their pace together will be a useful and potentially dangerous asset.

I'm optimistic of a score draw against Brentford but I'm not getting carried away. The main thing we can expect is that we won't roll over from the first minute to the last or run scared from them all match, like we did under Hecky. If do we concede any goals it'll be from individual errors. A 1-0 win would be lovely, not just for the three points but to give the defence and Wes a massive boost, but I'd take a draw.

It's not even been a week so we can't really set expectations yet as it's too early. Another reason why getting rid of Hecky before the international break might have been better.

I too can see a repeat of the Bournemouth match. I hope I'm wrong, of course, but I've got a bad feeling.

Fucking hell. I need the number for the Samaritans after reading this post!

The overall performance was much better on Wednesday, however it's hard to judge after Wilder had one training session and a match against Liverpool. Set piece defending still needs to be improved as does ball retention, as the possession stats were as bad as they have been all season. That said, we were more positive going forward in attacks, and with better decision making from Archer and McAtee they could have scored some goals. One example being a counter attack at pace. Archer had an opportunity to either take on and go round the defender, who he would have beaten with his pace, or lay it off early to his left to McAtee. He retained it for too long, ran fowards straight into the defender then tried to pass it to McAtee when he had hit the wall. The more these two play together the better an understanding they will develop and their pace together will be a useful and potentially dangerous asset.

I'm optimistic of a score draw against Brentford but I'm not getting carried away. The main thing we can expect is that we won't roll over from the first minute to the last or run scared from them all match, like we did under Hecky. If do we concede any goals it'll be from individual errors. A 1-0 win would be lovely, not just for the three points but to give the defence and Wes a massive boost, but I'd take a draw.

It's not even been a week so we can't really set expectations yet as it's too early. Another reason why getting rid of Hecky before the international break might have been better.
Great post Pal..... nice to see some constructive argument where a bit of thought has been applied.

Give over, soft lad.

We know we're probably down already, our season from now is going to be defined by performances rather than results.
If we show some fight and fall short, most will accept it.

He's on the wind up trying to get a reaction.

Have the courage of your convictions then.

Brentford win, I donate £10 to this forum and this can be verified by the organisers.
If it's a draw or a Blades win then you donate £10 to this forum.

Suspect you'll just change username and set up a new account as someone else.
The result is always a risk so it's possible we might lose
but the performance won't be a risk, we'll play at worse, pretty well today, playing as a team giving full effort, guaranteed.

Have the courage of your convictions then.

Brentford win, I donate £10 to this forum and this can be verified by the organisers.
If it's a draw or a Blades win then you donate £10 to this forum.

Suspect you'll just change username and set up a new account as someone else.
The result is always a risk so it's possible we might lose
but the performance won't be a risk, we'll play at worse, pretty well today, playing as a team giving full effort, guaranteed.
Ok pal. that's ok with me.

I hope I'm paying the tenner as I want the blades to win. I just don't see it happening.

I too can see a repeat of the Bournemouth match. I hope I'm wrong, of course, but I've got a bad feeling.

Surely you don't mean in performance?
That was one of the worse home performances I've ever seen from us, probably worse than Newcastle.
The 3-1 scoreline was daylight robbery really, should have been a 6-0 defeat.

There's zero chance we'll play as badly as that for the rest of the season.
Accept though that results can never be guaranteed and the players confidence will still be fragile.

Think alot depends on if we concede an early goal and whether the players have grounds to feel sorry for themselves.
For example you can just imagine it, we start fast, have chances to be 2-0 up inside 20 minutes
then they have their 1st attack, they take a pot shot from distance, it takes a wicked deflection and goes in. So we've played so well but find ourselves 1-0 down. That's possible. Then the crowd become edgy, the heads drop and we return to looking lost.

Looking forward to the match, at least we now have a realistic chance of winning and there's hope.

Last edited:
Ok pal. that's ok with me.

I hope I'm paying the tenner as I want the blades to win. I just don't see it happening.

No problem , you have courage of your convictions, well done
makes it spicy, losing £10 isn't causing anyone financial hardship and giving donations to this forum is for a good cause. Thanks

Agree with you....in that it would be so United.....to put in their best perofmrnance of the season giving everyone hope
then follow it having some terribly bad luck, player sent off, penalties against us etc etc.

Older Blades have that feeling deep inside us....we've seen it happen so often ha ha.

Last edited:
I will be at the game later pal....let me know if you want to say hello.

I know this country is accelerating fast into all out communism, but did not think this had made its way into the football forums yet where we all have to think the same way.
I think you will make a fortune if you put money on the communists winning the next election. Long time since I spoke with anyone who is planning to vote communist, but if you are the only person spotting the trend, place that bet…

Yeah, we were looking for marginal gains…and that’s what we got. In this shipwreck of a season so far, that performance was like a small piece of driftwood in a vast and murky sea.

Anyone who can't see the stark difference between the "performances" against Bournemouth and Burnley and the one v Liverpool knows next to nowt about the game.

Night and day.
we actually created more chances, scored and had more of the ball against Bournemouth. Against Liverpool we had less chances and shots and less of the ball as we have had all season against any team. we ran more, I will give you that. conceded again from poor defending when facing crosses into the box.

What is night and day about that, do you mean we were less shit but still shit......what are these differences, explain yourself.

I think you will make a fortune if you put money on the communists winning the next election. Long time since I spoke with anyone who is planning to vote communist, but if you are the only person spotting the trend, place that bet…
I can name three parties all with Communist values off the top of my head.

1. Conservatives.
2. Labour
3. Lib Dems

I could keep going! its not difficult as they all have the same policies.

Not enough of you stream Fraggle rock through noise cancelling ear buds whilst at the lane and it shows quite frankly

Wow……..what a sad way to live your life. You only get one you know…,I’m afraid you’ll have nothin but regrets when you’re time’s up pal.
“Ayyyynd….always look on the bright side of life, de de, de de de de de de🥴

Back
Top Bottom