CONFIRMED Berge to Burnley

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

His dream move wasn't Burnley was it. He was happy to stay for this year, but wanted to keep options open, who can blame him?!

Booing him is a bit of a wanker move for me.

Don't get all the fuss about this horror at player who left club getting booed by former fans shock, outrage. Let him dry his tears with the wads of cash he took from us from scores of piss poor performances.

He won't melt, as me mam used to say.

I've never understood the need to give the bird to former players.

God knows I was very much amongst those who couldn't understand the fuss about Berge. His presence in our side this year wouldn't have improved anything and the club did well to extort as much out of Burnley as they did, but nevertheless when he was here he did his best - even if that was disappearing into the mist for large chunks of games, because he was performing to the level he's actually capable of, not what his over-zealous fan club thought he was.

All ex-players who turn up for someone else - professional footballers I believe they're called - should be warmly received and appreciated. Any form of abuse should only be reserved for those who behaved in such a twattish manner that they can't be forgiven easily, but those are very rare cases. Ramsdale springs to mind.

. Any form of abuse should only be reserved for those who behaved in such a twattish manner that they can't be forgiven easily, but those are very rare cases. Ramsdale springs to mind.

I can't for the life of me see why people would feel the need to boo Berge. He was one of the key players in the run in. Yes he was maddeningly inconsistent, but when he was on top of his game, he was a joy to watch.

Coping mechanism. Same as the “he was shit anyway” posts.

Sometimes we resemble the washed up bloke propping up the bar, telling everyone in earshot his ex-wife was “ugly anyway” and her new boyfriends Bentley is on finance.

Coping mechanism. Same as the “he was shit anyway” posts.

Sometimes we resemble the washed up bloke propping up the bar, telling everyone in earshot his ex-wife was “ugly anyway” and her new boyfriends Bentley is on finance.

Perfect analogy.

Nope, he decided to reply abuse at me with no decent argument back, which I'd happily discuss in good manner.

I could say alot more but I won't.

Don't like bullies end of. Especially online non attenders.
You’re on the wrong forum then buddy.

I say a thing get abuse.

Either move forums or just laugh.

God knows I was very much amongst those who couldn't understand the fuss about Berge. His presence in our side this year wouldn't have improved anything and the club did well to extort as much out of Burnley as they did, but nevertheless when he was here he did his best - even if that was disappearing into the mist for large chunks of games, because he was performing to the level he's actually capable of, not what his over-zealous fan club thought he was.

All ex-players who turn up for someone else - professional footballers I believe they're called - should be warmly received and appreciated. Any form of abuse should only be reserved for those who behaved in such a twattish manner that they can't be forgiven easily, but those are very rare cases. Ramsdale springs to mind.
Agree totally. I was shocked and disappointed as a 15 year old when TC played for Leeds in the midweek League Cup match at the Lane (think it was 1978) As a nipper I worshiped him and couldn’t believe some of the Kop actually booing TC. A big majority (me included) were clapping him and it could have got a bit nasty at the time. Losing 4-1 didn’t help, mind.

I could run midfield if I was playing us at the moment. I thought he was bang average. Even kicked it lamely in to touch a few times.

My mom.United are crying out for a player with his qualities. He looks like Zidane when you compare him with Hamer, Souza, Norwood, Fleck etc. A penny for the Prince, Dazzler, the Ramble moron and the other sycophants thoughts...

Ah the classic “I’m better than you because I go to games.”

The ‘I’m a massive Blade argument’ is so 1990s.

Ah yes, how bad I must feel for putting my wife and daughter above the blades.

You’re on the wrong forum then buddy.

I say a thing get abuse.

Either move forums or just laugh.

Checking VAR
Possible Red for Ndiayewillalwaysloveyou
Couldn't give a F if you go to 0 matches or 5949943 matches but if you're a blade no need to be a dick to others and after going to that shitstorm yesterday that's the last thing I wanted in replies.

I don't mind debates with different opinions but don't make me look a twat 👍

Agree totally. I was shocked and disappointed as a 15 year old when TC played for Leeds in the midweek League Cup match at the Lane (think it was 1978) As a nipper I worshiped him and couldn’t believe some of the Kop actually booing TC. A big majority (me included) were clapping him and it could have got a bit nasty at the time. Losing 4-1 didn’t help, mind.

Similar for me and Brian Deane. It was horrible seeing him in a Leeds shirt. But abusing the bloke I’d watched carry us through the leagues throughout my childhood? No chance.

Perhaps I’m getting old, but moments like Berge sealing promotion vs West Brom are why I watch football. They’re rare and should be remembered.

Equally Ndiaye is the finest talent I’ve ever seen in our colours. I’d watch him kick a coke can down the street. Yet some folk are full of resentment towards him. Life is far too short…

Couldn't give a F if you go to 0 matches or 5949943 matches but if you're a blade no need to be a dick to others and after going to that shitstorm yesterday that's the last thing I wanted in replies.

That a slightly different tack to yesterday where you was dropping shitbombs all over the place and having a pop at the non attenders.

That a slightly different tack to yesterday where you was dropping shitbombs all over the place and having a pop at the non attenders.
I replied to one individual who made a meme with my username and telling me to get a life.

So I don't know what you mean but I will reply with shit replies to me

Alot upset about Berge getting booed, I'd say 3/4 were doing this in stands.

Good job you didn't go to Burnley then!

You do know we wanted to sell him?

Abdullah admitted as much. We’ve been trying to get rid for 3 transfer windows and finally got an offer that the club found acceptable.
We only sold him this summer because he wouldn't sign a new deal so therefore we wanted to recoup some money back.

PA said we could have sold him last January but decided to keep him and Ndiaye to achieve promotion. (He missed Wrexham game so nearly went)

It was more of Berge wanting a move than us wanting to sell. Least he got his dream move to Burnley anyway and we got 15m.

All good 👍

We lose 5-0 to bottom of the league with a midfield of Fleck and Norwood and some still wouldn’t have Berge 😂😂😂
No, some would want three others who are better, but are not in a position to supply the money to buy them !

Alot upset about Berge getting booed, I'd say 3/4 were doing this in stands.

Good job you didn't go to Burnley then!
Not looking for a row.

But this, sadly, is the ringing endorsement of the mentality of a large section of our support.

I’ve said this before. Again now.

Booing - be it players managers or officials is the exclusive preserve of that of a petulant child who is not getting his / her / insert pronoun of choice, own way.

The brat that throws a hissy in the middle of Meadowhall if mummy or daddy isn’t playing ball.

It’s pathetic.

UTB

Not looking for a row.

But this, sadly, is the ringing endorsement of the mentality of a large section of our support.

I’ve said this before. Again now.

Booing - be it players managers or officials is the exclusive preserve of that of a petulant child who is not getting his / her / insert pronoun of choice, own way.

The brat that throws a hissy in the middle of Meadowhall if mummy or daddy isn’t playing ball.

It’s pathetic.

UTB
Your opinion and ill respect that, glad you didn't attack me 👍

Although I will say I've never booed a United player.

Booing ex players is part and parcel of football. Save for lads like David Brooks. My willy would have rolled up into my belly if we had clapped him like a bunch of football cucks

As a gesture of goodwill on a Sunday, I have decided not to report the multiple posts calling me a wanker and a moron.

I'm glad to see the post in the MH thread was removed too.

Back
Top Bottom