Bénie Traoré

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

And Wilder spent £40m + on McBurnie & Brewster who have really smashed it!

So because it’s “only” 5 million that’s ok to piss up the wall?

And it’s irrelevant what they cost, without injuries they may well have smashed it! When signing anyone how are you supposed to predict they might get an injury or illness? It’s usually down to luck, though the number of serious hamstring injuries we get is suggesting there’s an issue with our training methods or sport science Department.

Back to topic….this kid isn’t what we needed. Maybe for next season in the champ because without a doubt that is where we are heading

….this kid isn’t what we needed. Maybe for next season in the champ because without a doubt that is where we are heading
I don't know if he's what we need or not yet, but he is what we've got. He needs to settle in, hopefully get some better service, and show us what he can do. You never know, he may turn out alright.

I don't know if he's what we need or not yet, but he is what we've got. He needs to settle in, hopefully get some better service, and show us what he can do. You never know, he may turn out alright.

Yes, new country, team, style of play…I get all that.
What concerns me however is what I have seen so far….which is a little bloke, who’s quite easy to ease off and when he gets the ball looks easy for these premier league defenders to defend against because he generally gives it away.

2 examples- on the break v city first half,…Hamer to his left one defender ahead of him…simple ball to Hamer he kicks it behind and inside the defender for the defender to simply turn inside and easily get the ball back in city’s control. Hamer just looked at him like WTF!!

For the goal…he’s wide left and running at Walker who just jockeys him easily and then turns inside to defend it when he kicks it too far away from himself…so not particularly quick either….but unbelievably Walker does the incredible and gives it back…Hamer in space, a simple cross ball for any pro and what does he do….smashes it directly at Hamer at arse height so he has to stop dead to try and salvage…we got lucky as it rebounded to Souza….but was a dreadful attempt at a pass/cross.

I’m sorry….one control of a ball dropping out of the sky hasn’t convinced me we have signed a premier league player for now or in the future. You can just tell looking at him, he’s not got the ability and sadly unlikely ever will.

I know he’s 20….so is he better than say Hackford? Osula? Marsh?

He’s played games in men’s football granted, but would be interested to see how the lads mentioned would fare in Sweden as I suspect they may well score a few as well.

If you’re good enough you are old enough….using age as an excuse is pointless if he’s not good enough.
He’s been thrown in and exposed when in reality he would have been in the 23’s and loaned out for a year or two like proper Premier league clubs do.

He's not ready to be a regular starter in the premier League, but I don't think we were expecting him to be. He has a decent first touch and a bit of pace about him, but clearly needs to develop. I certainly think he's shown more than Osula so far (not a criticism of Osula, he just shouldn't be starting for us at this stage).

I also think he's looked more comfortable at this level that Brewster did when we first signed him.
Whilst I've seen nothing in Traore to think he'll be a world beater, there's no reason to write him off either.

Can’t agree with that.
Brewster looked the part and had proven he could do it.
Victim of circumstances at the time and now injuries. Added to the weight of expectation from the fee paid

Reactions: Gee
Traore and Osula at 20 years old should not be starting in the Premier League. Both will have good careers but they aren't good enough right now.

I do think our transfer strategy changed once we sold Ndiaye and Berge though. (Obviously) Our first three signings, Slimane, Larouci and Traore aren't ready for the PL yet and I think Hecky deep down knew this.

Oh deary me. At a time when our support for the team is needed 100%, the bedwetters rise up and crawl out from the woodwork yet again.

Well, they have to whinge about something and counter the signing of Archer I suppose.

We can't have a positive attitude all of the time now can we 🤣

Crikey.

I know Unitedites are generally glass half empty folks but give the lad a chance eh....he's been chucked in at the deep end due to us having absolutely no other options and has been playing alongside an academy strike partner for the first three games, (who couldn't get in to a Derby starting line up in League 1 last season). I strongly doubt Hecky saw Traore as the finished article ready to lead the charge from day one.

We now have Archer and if we bring in another forward, (King?) and keep Oli Mac fit, expect the odd 10 minute cameos from the bench for Bennie from now on.

He’s just not ready for the Prem yet.
Who knows whether he turns out to be a MacAtee, or a Richard Cadette, but the problem is we can’t afford to develop him in Prem league matches.Same goes for Larouchie.
We needed oven ready, and we bought, 12 hours to thaw!

Ludicrous thread this.

He’s a small nippy forward, 20 years old, still developing and never played at this level before.

He’s been asked in the first 2 games to lead the line and more or less carry the ball out from the edge of his own penalty area to create something.

He came on as sun vs Man City and his work down the left helped create the chance for the goal.

Came on for 45 minutes last night and got the same amount of service as Archer and McBurnie i.e zero.

You can argue the merits of spending £4m on a development player but writing him off on the basis of 3.5 appearances in which he’s largely done ok is insanity.

The lad has been chucked in at the deep end when we had zero other options, we all know he wasn't/isn't our first choice striker but he's had to step in when realistically he'd would have been on the bench learning his trade in the prem from the bench. You know what, maybe giving the lad a bit of support would help now and then, he may not turn out to be what you want him to be but give him a chance ffs

This goes for any player that's new to the team - can we not be so hasty to criticise them? Likewise, praise them as the next second coming too soon, either.

Oh deary me. At a time when our support for the team is needed 100%, the bedwetters rise up and crawl out from the woodwork yet again.

Well, they have to whinge about something and counter the signing of Archer I suppose.

We can't have a positive attitude all of the time now can we 🤣

Bed wetters is an Interesting take on reality check.
We’ve chucked £5m at this kid. £5m for a player no better than what we had in the academy.
At a time when we were struggling to fund any genuine kind of attempt at staying up?

Hamer/ Archer and dare I say Slimane considering his experience and fee paid are good solid signings, but the first two wouldn’t have landed if we hadn’t sold the 2 most creative players we had.
The rest of those signings with fees are looking like money that should have been used to improve the team.

Hecky dont stand a chance

The lad has been chucked in at the deep end when we had zero other options, we all know he wasn't/isn't our first choice striker but he's had to step in when realistically he'd would have been on the bench learning his trade in the prem from the bench. You know what, maybe giving the lad a bit of support would help now and then, he may not turn out to be what you want him to be but give him a chance ffs
Supporters supporting? It will never catch on.

He's ideal to have on the bench to throw on in the 72nd minute when playing against tired defenders. I guess McB and Archer will be first choice, with (hopefully) Brewster pushing them. Traore and Osula will be where they should be, getting splinters.

He’s done a handfull of good things in the first few games but to me is secondary to osula in terms of quality and threat. He’s been a bit of a passenger when i’ve watched him.

I’m not going to write him off yet as i think he was always supposed to be a development player and still early days but i think 5mill for him so far seems wasteful. The swedish league really is quite a low standard, the Romanian, Belarus, Cypriot and Czech Leagues all rank higher.
The championship is probably a decent step up for Benie.

He does have some qualities, he also has a hell of a lot to learn, premiership on current showing though is maybe a step too far.

Hamer/ Archer and dare I say Slimane considering his experience and fee paid are good solid signings

Did you know Archers first loan move was to Solihull Moor where he struggled and Villa fans in the same mould as you wrote him off completely.

Secondly, one could argue that Lincoln found it much easier containing Archer last night than they did Benie when he came on.

Well it looked like that from his reel, and though players have been picked
Up From Sweden before there were some warning signs with this lad simply looking at his physique.
Added to the few attempts at passes against city when any reasonable amateur could have laid the ball into Hamer or made the right pass he was wanting on each occasion.

Who’s decided this lad is worth £5m pounds wants shooting….he’s a 23’s player. Premier league football is not the place to be learning.

I fear we are about to find out that most of our new signings are not going to offer much this season but for what we have paid this lad might be the biggest fail.

Folk slam Robinson by Wilder….but he was and is head and shoulders over this lad. And it’s nothing to do with giving him chance or settling, he’s simply not ready and lacks the basic skills of a PL player.
He looked like a different player when Bogle and McBurnie came on

He’s been imported in from a walking football league. All the new players from abroad must be gasping for breath at the speed and intensity of the EPL…I know I am. The press that MC employed was just to much for us in the end. Even the wanker clubs (Forest) are on you like a ton of bricks…Unfortunately we’re having to learn this on the job.

Back
Top Bottom