One or two more (at least) incoming

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Berkshire Blade

Reaction score
Hecky was on sky with Michael Brown pre game and brown brought this up and was confirmed by Hecky. Brown also brought it up later as if it was a certainty and not a hopefully

Hardly secret itk stuff but there you go.

I think we need another striker

McBurnie never lasts more than a few games before he’s on the treatment table
100% 58 and i think hecky will be pushing to fund another striker in on loan know this origi thing has been rubbished by his agent but i think he would be ideal as a partner for archer also wouldnt be against a cheap punt on kiefer moore who i rate a lot higher than most on this forum

We need another backup goalie, Davies won't push Wes.

So do you think Wes had a bad game today...??
Coz i think you might of had too many sherberts if you do. Absolutely kept us in the game
Wes is doing more than enough to warrant his place in a Premier league team. Perhaps proving the theory that goalkeepers peak in their latter years.

Davies worries me as back up. He's nowhere near good enough for the PL.

Trusty and JLT need to be competing for LCB but the MAJOR position that needs PL quality is LWB.

No idea who, no idea if perm or loan is the answer, but it has to be the priority. Above all others. Palace, Florest and Citeh have all targeted (and profited) from our left.

RND is that player. Who knows when he’s back though :/
You have to discount players like RND & Brewster , put them out of your mind - Hecky has.
He now doesn't even speak about return dates for players.
They've been out so long , there is no guarantee they'll ever be back.
And even if they do return , it is completely unknown whether they can perform as well as before.

Trusty and JLT need to be competing for LCB but the MAJOR position that needs PL quality is LWB.

No idea who, no idea if perm or loan is the answer, but it has to be the priority. Above all others. Palace, Florest and Citeh have all targeted (and profited) from our left.
You can bet that all PL teams know our weakness at LWB.
I will never understand why we loaned a development player in that position.
We needed an immediate solid improvement on Lowe which Larouci isn't.
I hope Hecky realises his mistake and gets a LWB this week.
Or play Trusty at LCB and move Robbo to LWB.

Latest count, we have 24 senior players (plus the under 21s - Traore, Osula, Jebbo, etc.). Fleck is almost certainly out, so that's 23. We should at least fill the squad, so that leaves two vacant spots, plus maybe up to an additional two depending on RND and Brewster.

Right now, I would be going for Macca plus one more attacking midfielder and (another!) LWB as top priorities. We're not far off having a decent squad, but some important bits of the jigsaw to complete this week.

You have to discount players like RND & Brewster , put them out of your mind - Hecky has.
He now doesn't even speak about return dates for players.
They've been out so long , there is no guarantee they'll ever be back.
And even if they do return , it is completely unknown whether they can perform as well as before.
I disagree. Left hand side at the back, we already have Trusty, JLT, Lowe and Osborn, with RND eventually.
Same for strikers. We have Archer, McBurnie, Traore, Osula and Brewster and Jebbo when fit.

Discount our injured players and there is no route for Academy talent to first team?

Pardon my ignorance on the registration rules, but can we register someone in January who is at the club now (e.g Fleck, Norrington-Davies) or is that only for new signings?

Pardon my ignorance on the registration rules, but can we register someone in January who is at the club now (e.g Fleck, Norrington-Davies) or is that only for new signings?
Yep so not registering Fleck and RND now makes total sense.

Back
Top Bottom