CONFIRMED Cameron Archer signs for the Blades - 4 year contract

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

So we’ve had two bids knocked back by Villa in the last 48 hours. Villa (the necky fuckers) have given us a few different prices depending on the type of deal to do with any buyback clause or no clause etc. Minimum is £18m.
Any truth that blades are moving on from archer and looking at Che adams?

How much was Akpom eventually ?? Not sure we missed out on him, we just wouldn’t pay for him

Clubs a bit desperate it feels after missing out on akpom. I’m not sure how high we are willing to go but we keep going back. First bid was 8m and then we upped it to 10m, villa aren’t under any pressure to sell him.

Sounds like we're wasting our time if we're chucking in bids of £8m.

Why would they sell for that?

Archer is a £15m(ish) player. Young, English and a great goalscoring ratio in tier 2.
Who's gone for less than that?

I would imagine the Prince will have to dip into his own pocket at 18m, or we will have to get very creative with the structure.

We can’t afford to spend £18 million on someone unproven at PL level. Although I don’t buy that Villa don’t have to sell. Why otherwise would they prefer to sell over a loan? I’m presuming they need to balance the books a bit.

We can’t afford to spend £18 million on someone unproven at PL level. Although I don’t buy that Villa don’t have to sell. Why otherwise would they prefer to sell over a loan? I’m presuming they need to balance the books a bit.

21 and not made any impact on their first team, I reckon they’ve made their mind up that he ain’t good enough for them.

They want to sell while his stock is high, the buy back is just a bit of an insurance policy for them.

We've brought in circa £30m in fees and spent about the same.
Where's the original budget gone if we can't stretch to a few signings that improve the XI?

I'd imagine we are over the amount we have taken in. 5m for Trusty, 4m Traore, 2m Slimani, 10m(ish) Souza, 12m(ish) Hamer. I also highly doubt we got 30m before add ons for the pair we sold.

Even with all that aside, as I've said on this thread, paying that amount for strikers with success in the champ in their brief careers has run us into big trouble before.

Villa see themselves as a club trying to break into the top 4, Cameron Archer is a very very good championship player. He needs to move to further his career villa don’t have to sell for the books.

we wont be paying 18m for archer thats a gimme interesting post from somebody mentioning che adams know hes universally hated by blades fans but as a striker i rate him and think he would do a job for us and is certainly better than piroe

I think the big problem here is if we don't make any real headway before the weekend is out we are going to be really up against it. Which will mean our 3rd/4th choice options will also end up being more expensive as well as clubs will be well aware.

This may be a deal we have to do and just hold our noses a tad. His resale value isn't going to drop that much unless we end up with a player who loves getting injured again...

Not that fucking low!!! 😂
That's like me seeing a car advertised on Autotrader at £18k, going to have a good look around it and then saying to the seller, "I like it mate, will you take £8k?"
FFS!

Can you show me the for sale advert for Archer? Is there a Playertrader website I’m unaware of?

Sounds like we're wasting our time if we're chucking in bids of £8m.

Why would they sell for that?

Archer is a £15m(ish) player. Young, English and a great goalscoring ratio in tier 2.
Who's gone for less than that?
His stats last year for Boro are almost identical to Brewster's at Swansea, before we signed him.

It's frightening to think that we may end up with a similar quality player, even for "only" £15M.

Back
Top Bottom