CONFIRMED Berge to Burnley

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I have affection for Sander, but if we (quickly) get good quality replacements, I think we can be better without him.

He's got a niche skillset and even his biggest fan cannot claim he's Mr Consistent.

Also, I think it's 50/50 whether he helps or hinders Burnley.

Just being honest. But I will always have a soft spot for the big lad.

I have affection for Sander, but if we (quickly) get good quality replacements, I think we can be better without him.

He's got a niche skillset and even his biggest fan cannot claim he's Mr Consistent.

Also, I think it's 50/50 whether he helps or hinders Burnley.

Just being honest. But I will always have a soft spot for the big lad.

I have heard you have a soft spot for big lads lol 😂

Crackers we're essentially relying our survival on Manchester City doing us some big favours to sort out our own midfield in terms of a Doyle buy or Macca/Palmer loan.

When Berge arrived it was arguably the peak of our optimism in years. It signalled a new Sheffield United. Competing for Europe and signing highly regarded talent from Europe.

Likewise Ndiaye’s emergence and performances last season, had people saying he’s the best they’ve ever seen/since Currie.

We now have neither and are 4 days away from the new season needing at least 5/6 players.

When Berge arrived it was arguably the peak of our optimism in years. It signalled a new Sheffield United. Competing for Europe and signing highly regarded talent from Europe.

Likewise Ndiaye’s emergence and performances last season, had people saying he’s the best they’ve ever seen/since Currie.

We now have neither and are 4 days away from the new season needing at least 5/6 players.
What a time to be alive. Exciting in a weird sadomasachistic way aint it 😂

It's an appalling look for the club after Berge has behaved so impeccably towards us on so many occasions.

Imagine PH having to be the middle man for that conversation too?

Absolute circus and reveals a pretty nasty underbelly to our leadership.

Sander's a good bloke and a very talented player. I wish him well and I think he's got out at the right time.
Worthy of a good reception when he returns.

👟📴

If this is true then it just shows how bad the Prince is at running a football club. This bollocks about letting contracts run down because they will play better is a sign of this. It also makes me think that this isnt far out of the realms of possiblilty.

Obviously this could be made up but there’s plenty of evidence over the last week that would suggest the Prince doesnt know what the fuck he is doing.

We wanted him to sign a new deal. He won't and wants the freedom to fuck off on his own terms at the end of the season regardless of what division we are in.

But we've known this for years, that's the biggest annoyance for me that we've waited until the week the season starts

There a difference between forcing a move and discussing personal terms because the club has accepted an offer.

The club has instigated this, if we wanted to keep him we would have. It’s basically saying to Berge, right they could let me run my contract down and use me for this season then I’m free to move on. They’ve accepted an offer so clearly they’re not that arsed about keeping me, I might as well get my shiny new contract a year early.

It’s business and I’m perfectly fine with Berge’s decision. Anyone blaming him and not the club is bonkers.
This

Sack the board ringing around the lane on Saturday then
Why? It’s totally a good business decision for the club, keeping him to let him run down his contract is bonkers, the only thing I can’t get my head round is that it should have been done at the start of preseason, same with Illy, basically sign or leave.

We wanted him to sign a new deal. He won't and wants the freedom to fuck off on his own terms at the end of the season regardless of what division we are in.
I dunno. I see where you’re coming from, but to say he’d be frozen out suggests the board would interfere with Hecky’s selections. Sounds pretty terrible to me.

Perfectly summed up

Why? It’s totally a good business decision for the club, keeping him to let him run down his contract is bonkers, the only thing I can’t get my head round it should have been done at the start of preseason.
Because they are complete idiots

And we have wanted him to sign or go before now but its come to the final straw. If it was up to his agent he would be walking away for nothing.

Sure but theres still no excuse for letting it get this late, having him played in every pre-season etc. We need a decision by X date if you're staying or we're selling ya, could've been done weeks ago.

Back
Top Bottom