CONFIRMED Iliman Ndiaye to Marseille

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

100% this.

Sign the contract and then we’ll arrange the media and announcements.

All that’s been gained now is a significant amount of time wasted by employees of the club.
All very well, but when we sign someone and it takes 24 hours to announce as we're getting all the promo together, the club gets a kicking. If Ili said "yeah, I'm gonna sign that contract" and so we thought lets get it all done and announce it as soon as it's signed, then it makes sense.

It's more annoying that Ili gave such strong overtures to the club, and then flipped on it. And I hold no ill will to the lad for going.

You hope he breaks his legs? Really? He's a young lad who has probably been pressured by others to change his mind. Be upset by all means but wishing him physical harm? Nah.
Think you’ve nailed it,think it’s been constant pressure in his ear from agent, dad, mrs etc whoever, even OM saying we want you but it’s a one time offer, pressure pressure pressure, it looks like he was intending to sign a new contract but pressure from elswhere has changed his mind, time will tell if he’s made the right move

If he's born in Rouen why does he support Marseilles? That's like someone from Darlington having the hots for Southampton.

They are very popular in France, one survey a few years ago had 20% of the population supporting them iirc!

You're at the stage where you've found a wardrobe full of nothing but empty hangers and found a handwritten envelope on the side with your name on. But she may have just decided to take everything to the dry cleaners and maybe has just put a bit more effort into the shopping list.
I'm hoping Ndiaye is like Dawn, Rachel, Dianne, Roz, Yvette or Alison.
and not like Lindsay, Elaine, Sue or Kathy.
Odds are in our favour!

When he breaks into the first team, you get him round the table then, you dont leave it until its too late, that's what's went wrong, and that's what we are supposed to do, not leave him on 4k while the rest are on 20k plus, in your workplace this happens, you say fuck em eventually.
So what, give every youngster that breaks into the team £20k a week? This is the first season he’s been able to do more than 60 minutes. Last year he was also in and out of the team. PH has been saying for nearly a year his agent wouldn’t even entertain a new deal. We’re all disappointed but hammering the club is ridiculous.

I got asked this question by my son last night when we were crying into our hot chocolates.
We as fans are all stuck with Sheff U. But as a player I honestly feel that the dressing room and your status at the current club would be a bigger pull than the boyhood club. Those boys are like a family in our dressing room and Hecky is a great manager. I'm surprised he's turned his back on that and I'd like to think I wouldn't. Then there's the fact he's (was) absolutely loved by all here (imagine that feeling even if you're playing for Metz) And then to be awarded the #10 by a club legend in a passing of the guard new contract!! I'd sign the deal with Metz, how could you not?
Remember there is a family to consider also, not just himself.

Was thinking things couldn’t get much worse. Then, this morning I’ve just run out of a 400M roll of cling film I’ve had for years.
Fuckin life eh!!
Could be worse I run out of a delivery of 64 bog rolls at the weekend now that is shit

the sea would be more suitable

Does he mean like we were told would be happening after the Slav tenure with Yusuf turning up to tell us there would be no more contact and to swivel only for that to be reversed and people start to reappear once promotion had been achieved. Sod off Darren.

So what, give every youngster that breaks into the team £20k a week? This is the first season he’s been able to do more than 60 minutes. Last year he was also in and out of the team. PH has been saying for nearly a year his agent wouldn’t even entertain a new deal. We’re all disappointed but hammering the club is ridiculous.
It was pretty obvious to one and all he was an exceptional talent in his first season, not just another potential player but a special player. I am sure it is Hecky who has nurtured him while here. He was playing 90 minutes by March and 120 at Forest is testament of that nurturing. In this case with this individual he should have been rewarded for his true value. Contracts can always be renegotiated and the number of incentives for the player can be limitless and all can be linked to individual and team performance

I blame myself in part on this because as I was speaking yesterday to an Arsenal fan I said to him "Iliman Ndiaye, remember the name, you'll see why when he plays in the PL next season for us"!

So, Ili's off, not ideal but it's football, it happens, some are overreacting a tad in my view to it. Yes, it's not good for United, but all summer there's been interest reported from Marseille. It's unfortunate that he supports a team that can afford him and also has an interest, but the latter I'm sure his agent has had a big part to do with this; in line with his clients desires to join OM. A few, including Matt Fitzpatrick, have said the club have let themselves down from a planning perspective in not tying Ili down to a longer contract last summer. Well it does seem that Ili's agent had little interest in a contract offer last season, even if there was a deal to be done than it was highly likely that there would have been a minimum fee release clause and maybe this would have been similar to the deal we've got anyway given that I doubt Ili's agent would want a high release clause.

It's disappointing that it seemed he was set to stay, I suspect that OM got in touch again when there was news of the contract to be signed and firmed up their interest once they knew we were close to a deal. I do wonder whether that was just Ili and/or his agent doing their best to stir up OM to finally make firm interest. Prior to that it seemed that OM were just hoping Ili would throw the toys out of the pram and force a move which it doesn't seem the case.

But I'm not bitter to Ili, I think those that maybe are now should remember that he is an OM fan, he could have gone last window and didn't and he's played a huge part in the promotion bid and without it we would be in a real mess. We don't know the full story either. I wish him all the best at OM, will be very interesting to follow his career. He'll always be a Blades favourite for most Blades.

It was pretty obvious to one and all he was an exceptional talent in his first season, not just another potential player but a special player. I am sure it is Hecky who has nurtured him while here. He was playing 90 minutes by March and 120 at Forest is testament of that nurturing. In this case with this individual he should have been rewarded for his true value. Contracts can always be renegotiated and the number of incentives for the player can be limitless and all can be linked to individual and team performance
All true, but again if one party is refusing to negotiate, how do you agree a contract?

i do understand all the frustration there is from blades fans about illiman going and am certainly not sticking up for pa or sb but what more could the club have done ? yes he will be a big miss and probably lessens our chance of staying in the premier league but who knows nobody can say for certain now whether he would have been as good at this level and kept us up plus i think it now gives us the chance to bring 3/4 good quality players in

Appreciated could his mind have been changed if as a club we showed some ambition and backed the manager. Actually gave it a go ? We will never know as the club have waved the white flag before a ball has been kicked. We have 2 assets Berge and Anel with respect to the rest ...UTB
What does "gave it a go" actually mean? I will hazard a guess that you mean spending a lot of money. What if we bought players of a standard to McBurnie, Brewster, Freeman and Robinson. All record transfers at the time. A cost of around £60m. All not good enough for the premier league. How about we spend wisely on good players. Until we see how our new players perform you cant judge. Spending loads of money guarantees nothing, except debt, if they aren't good enough. Ndiaye cost next to nowt remember and presumably at the time, was regarded as not "giving it a go"

i do understand all the frustration there is from blades fans about illiman going and am certainly not sticking up for pa or sb but what more could the club have done ? yes he will be a big miss and probably lessens our chance of staying in the premier league but who knows nobody can say for certain now whether he would have been as good at this level and kept us up plus i think it now gives us the chance to bring 3/4 good quality players in
A similar approach to the one we took with Brooks should’ve been taken with Ndiaye. Brooks got 3 contracts in one year with us didn’t he as his roles expanded in the team so did his deal. Same for Jebbo and Osula that’s how we should’ve approached it with them it shows good faith and that your prepared to reward a player for their progress and contribution.

Remind us why we all keep reading it !!
Do you think yet another backflip should give me more faith in them? All this means is that when it was posted that no contact had been made THAT was bollocks speculation too.

What happens if he fails medical?

1. Enki loves your message.
  2. Bakamogo

BakamogoIn Gilles Favard we trust

Blog comments:0
    The video of N'diaye's signing was shot in St Charles. They're going to make a crazy montage! It's going to be beautiful
    :Oops:
    Bakamogo, 34 minutes ago

3. nigdugg

nigduggWell-Known Member

On the other hand, Blancois the only one who was not entitled to his MDR video.
    nigdugg, 25 minutes ago

4. Enki

EnkiWell-Known Member

Medical visit ok for Ndiaye

All the lights are green

Back
Top Bottom