CONFIRMED Iliman Ndiaye to Marseille

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It's all well and good saying we offered him the biggest contract in the club's history, but if we offered him £40k a week and Marseille offered him £50k a week then our offer means nothing.

I'd like to say pay peanuts, get monkies, but we don't have any peanuts and can't even get excited about even affording a hamster, as we can only borrow one from the school for the summer.

We tried to negotiate a new contract but his agent said he wasn’t interested. Which bit of that are you struggling with?

Do you know how long Marseille have been speaking to his agent for?

30 year old Zaha was reportedly offered a £200k 4 year deal ... that was insane money for Palace and that age ... still turned it down and leaves on a free.

If Illi just wants to go to Marseille, all you can really do is weigh up what you are getting from selling now vs. his potential contribution from keeping him until end of contract and losing him for free. That is not a straightforward decision to make. I think most of us would support the latter but we don't know what Illi has said in the background (he comes across as professional and I think would give his all still, but you don't know for sure ... Lundstram was sickening to watch in that final PL season walking around the pitch).

Main debate should be how have we got into this contract situation in the first place. We are definitely the outlier on this list here:

I've skipped countless pages, but has he actually left or a deal been agreed? There seems to be lots of people supposedly ITK, but since the Prince got involved, nothing comes out of the club until it actually happens.

If he's going it's odd he's played in all the friendlies and given 100%. Surely if he's angling after a move he'd feign injury or out in a performance like Lundsteam?

I've said on here before, he's under contract to us, so if PA wants him to stay, he's staying. PA is also a very good negotiator (apart from when it comes to selling the club although perhaps he's playing hardball on the value).

I hope IN isn't leaving as he's the best all round player I've watched in a Utd shirt. I always knew he'd move on, as he's destined for better things than us, and the timing would be terrible from our perspective.

When the Club say something I'll believe it, but all these people purporting to be ITK, most of them a talking BS and just attracting attention are boiling my piss. Most if them know no more than I do, and I know nothing. I just don't go on about it.

When was the last time we undersold a player?

There is a huge difference in transfer value for a player in the last year of his contract. Can you point to an example, anywhere, of an “average player” with less than 12 months on his contract going for £40m?
Give it a rest. Coventry have just got £20m for Gyokeres

That’s Coventry. Who nearly went to the wall a few years ago. Who didn’t get promoted to the premier league.

It does seem like the horse bolted on this one many years ago. Just annoying we were led to believe otherwise.

Well, yes. The problem is that the club are, at least in my eyes, compounding the error by not believing in what he can actually do and just letting the contract run down, taking our chances that a year of Ndiaye is worth more than selling now. If you don't learn from mistakes you're doomed to keep repeating them

All fine and dandy but:

How much is more than the reported £14.5m?
Multiple players coming in could mean fk all? 6 PL proven players to give us a fighting chance? 6 Conference league players to make up the numbers?

It’s all relative really isn’t it?
Give it a watch.

I don't think we will find out how much tbh.

There is going to be a Q&A with the Prince next week too by the sounds of it, so probably more information to come.

Time will tell if the players we signed or are going to sign will be good enough. We all know we can't replace N'Daiye but I'm sure it's all abit too soon to begin the healing process and thus we are all feeling doom and gloom

But twice the amount of Ndiaye's fee wouldn't be the significant investment I'm suggesting.

If we were able to spend that then we wouldn't be selling in the first place, and would have been offering a realistic contract that he'd sign. Outside of an immediate takeover, we can't

Give it a rest. Coventry have just got £20m for Gyokeres

That’s Coventry. Who nearly went to the wall a few years ago. Who didn’t get promoted to the premier league.
1. You don’t know how much we’re getting for Ndiaye or what extras & sell out clause there might be.

2. Coventry might have had multiple bids for Gyokeres that pushed the price up.

3. A player has to agree to a move. Ndiaye might have said that OM was the only move he would accept despite any firm interest from elsewhere. That immediately weakens our bargaining position.

3. Gyokeres scores a lot of goals.

So we've (allegedly) chucked the kitchen sink at it to no avail. Fine. I can deal with that.

The fee will be the key for many, including myself. If we've accepted an offer which is worth less to us than keeping him for the season and giving us a better chance of stopping up, that will be the thing that pisses people off.

With regards to Sheff United Way… what Jimmy said

I personally totally disagree with this opinion. They offer us free content and access to information we have never had before. Unless people prefer being left in total darkness with regards to transfers and the running of the club...

I for one really appreciate their efforts!

I know how dare people get upset at something they invest time, money and more importantly emotions into

I expected better of you Nick, you're someone I respect on here
Sorry to have been a disappointment!

I do, always, find it hilarious on here whenever something like this happens though. I get the disappointment. I’m disappointed about it. But some of the reactions to it are just ridiculous 😂

I personally totally disagree with this opinion. They offer us free content and access to information we have never had before. Unless people prefer being left in total darkness with regards to transfers and the running of the club...

I for one really appreciate their efforts!

Free? I thought I had to keep paying for Nord VPN! 😄

With regards to Sheff United Way… what Jimmy said

I don't want to have a go at the guys behind the channel as they put a lot of work in and I enjoy watching some of the videos.

But when one of them has spent a day in the Prince's box at Wembley, and the other evidently has close links with him, it's difficult to see how they can stay unbiased.

They won't ask him anything serious because they don't want to risk their 'in' at the club.

The state of our club now..................... two weeks until the start of the season we sell our best player, have no main sponsor to put on the shirts that are not yet even in the shop yet, no away kit. A team full of kids and over the hill players, who will want to come to play for us. We need forwards LCB LM this season could well turn out worse than the Covid season. The club is a shambles a take over can't come soon enough.

Back
Top Bottom