Jack Robinson...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not harsh at all....Marhez may be an exceptional player in an exceptional team but JLT up against Salah, Saka, Kane, Garnacho, Toney, Watkins, Havertz.....the list goes on.....the result would be the same.
Talking out of your arse,seem to remember against spurs
Not harsh at all....Marhez may be an exceptional player in an exceptional team but JLT up against Salah, Saka, Kane, Garnacho, Toney, Watkins, Havertz.....the list goes on.....the result would be the same.
talking out of your arse,I remember against spurs,Son,Kane,Richarlison,probably best 2 partnerships in the premier ,had them in his pocket. Hardly put a foot wrong last season,dismissed him before a ball is played,typical.

Talking out of your arse,seem to remember against spurs

talking out of your arse,I remember against spurs,Son,Kane,Richarlison,probably best 2 partnerships in the premier ,had them in his pocket. Hardly put a foot wrong last season,dismissed him before a ball is played,typical.

😂 It was Anel who had the Spurs attack in his pocket....a Spurs who rocked up expecting an easy night and rested players.

Granted he had a decent season, he still made typical JLT errors though, errors that would be severely punished at Prem level, (exactly the same reason a new GK should be a priority as well, Wes got away with a lot too) I'm not saying he was crap last season at all, I'm saying he isn't good enough for the Prem which is reflected in our half-hearted attempts to retain his services...

If you would happily start Jack Robinson in the Premier League, week in, week out against the very best there's only one person talking out of their arse.......

I agree - the players I think we have that are up to it are:

Baldock
Egan
Anel
Berge
Ndyaie

Questionable

Norwood
Bogle
McBurnie
Brewster
Fodders

All the others are nowhere near.

So that’s 6 signings needed in my eyes.

GK
LB
CB
MD
MD
ST

So the match day squad would like this:

1. GK?
2. Baldock
3. Anel
4. Egan
5. CB
6. LB
7. MD
8. Berge
9. MD
10. Ndiyae
11. ST

Subs

12. Norwood
13. Bogle
14. McBurnie
15. Brewster
16. Fodders
17. Robinson

That’s a decent bench to pick from but I fear we will see most of the bench players in the starting line up

Couple of injuries though and we are screwed. We have a paper thin squad wanting about 6 players just to try and get to Premier League standard. We are going to be a Championship side playing in the PL. I can't see another miracle PL season like last time and I've put a bet on us finishing top half. 🤣

There are always those players who surprise us and make the step up in the Prem. Robbo struggled under Wilder, but was actually decent in that short stint under Hecky. I would definitely be prioritising a left centre back, but also wouldn't be surprised if Robbo turns out to be one of those who finds a different gear in the Prem
.Def worth a place in the squad.

Agreed bonobo Geary and Morgan both looked ok in the Prem and I wouldn't have given either a prayer.
We don't know until they are tried and since we don't have the money* to replace them with better in the squad they are for me there on merit until proven otherwise.
I have seen some nonsense about there being 'frees' who are better and would take the same wages but if that were the case our boys would've been released and the new guys signed up.
* I did see some guys discussing this morning that all this 20m limit was started by Alan Nixon, even if it was I'd suggest the accounts bear this out (previous years debt and also the prince saying he borrowed every thing he could) before anybody jumps on me saying the latest accounts haven't been released yet).

Agreed bonobo Geary and Morgan both looked ok in the Prem and I wouldn't have given either a prayer.
We don't know until they are tried and since we don't have the money* to replace them with better in the squad they are for me there on merit until proven otherwise.
I have seen some nonsense about there being 'frees' who are better and would take the same wages but if that were the case our boys would've been released and the new guys signed up.
* I did see some guys discussing this morning that all this 20m limit was started by Alan Nixon, even if it was I'd suggest the accounts bear this out (previous years debt and also the prince saying he borrowed every thing he could) before anybody jumps on me saying the latest accounts haven't been released yet).

Geary was OK but Morgs was shocking

Robinson would hold his own in the prem, don't worry about that.

Whether he decides to stick around or not that's another question.

Bash in that first season of PL was written off before we started and he stepped up and was one of the stars. JLT could be the same this season.
If he signs.

Maybe the result would have been the same, it would be the same against most defenders, these are world class forwards you mention. For what it's worth I think Robinson is our most improved defender, not saying he's a world beater but he's no worse than Tyrone Mings who in my opinion is the most overrated player in the Premier League along side Mason Mount.

😂 It was Anel who had the Spurs attack in his pocket....a Spurs who rocked up expecting an easy night and rested players.

Granted he had a decent season, he still made typical JLT errors though, errors that would be severely punished at Prem level, (exactly the same reason a new GK should be a priority as well, Wes got away with a lot too) I'm not saying he was crap last season at all, I'm saying he isn't good enough for the Prem which is reflected in our half-hearted attempts to retain his services...

If you would happily start Jack Robinson in the Premier League, week in, week out against the very best there's only one person talking out of their arse.......
Must be good that Anel he marked all spuds team out of the game, we should just play him at the back next season + 5 midfielders and 4 strikers.

We don’t have to beat Arsenal & Citee every game we play
We just have to compete better than
Luton , Burnley , Everton , Florest , Bournemouth
Maybe Wolves with a points deduction

But having secured the backup & part of the backbone Hecky can now fill in the gaps with loans etc

PS
I think Wes will be fine
And hope Brewster will at last justify his pricetag

It's all about opinions but I'm surprised to see so many on here seemingly oblivious to the huge uptick in levels between Champ and Prem. For those that think Robinson will be able to hold his own next season, it would be worth watching the semi-final in which Mahrez made him look as though he was wearing lead boots. He will be badly exposed if he's a regular in the side next season IMHO
It was Lowe who was responsible for the City second and third goals. Gave ball away to Mahrez and then failed to pick him up in the penalty area when Grealish put ball in to Mahrez.

If we lose Robbo , but keep Fleck & Osborn , we only have ourselves to blame.
Of those 3 Robbo is a country mile ahead of the other 2 in terms of keeping

His mandatory one a game man and ball challenge gets the crowd going and can disrupt oppo player, can’t wait to see Harvartz when he flies knee high thro him
He isn’t a bad defender and throw ins are like a set piece which will be critical as I can’t see many free flowing overload breaks happening

Ozzy is useful on the bench for multiple positions

Fleck, don’t get this at all, understandable but seems his illness last year holds him back, doesn’t seem to be operating over 80%, or his legs have gone - either way should be heading to Barnsley or Bradford, would say even Rotherham are above him as a championship club

If we need shirt fillers get u21’s in, training with 1st team will set them up, as will been around squad travelling to PL games

I love Robbo and his commitment during a game, he's nowhere near good enough for the Prem though. His mobility is an issue and he struggles massively against quicker teams.

He had a nightmare first half vs a quick Burnley team & struggled against Archer/ Akpom. At 29 he's probably got 3/4 years left at the top of his game (he's got no pace to lose), I'm not sure what standard he is though. If I was a team aiming for top 6 Championship I dont think I'd be bringing him in as a regular starter.

I wouldn't be gutted to see him going elsewhere. Feels more of a Hecky decision to keep him rather than the club feeling he's worth keeping.

I love Robbo and his commitment during a game, he's nowhere near good enough for the Prem though. His mobility is an issue and he struggles massively against quicker teams.

He had a nightmare first half vs a quick Burnley team & struggled against Archer/ Akpom. At 29 he's probably got 3/4 years left at the top of his game (he's got no pace to lose), I'm not sure what standard he is though. If I was a team aiming for top 6 Championship I dont think I'd be bringing him in as a regular starter.

I wouldn't be gutted to see him going elsewhere. Feels more of a Hecky decision to keep him rather than the club feeling he's worth keeping.
Need him and his attitude in the prem, plenty of these fancy Dan's won't fancy it at all once they've seen him in action.

Tear up his renewal. He thinks he's worth more than he is. Move on, we can do far better.

Tear up his renewal. He thinks he's worth more than he is. Move on, we can do far better.
I don't think it will be a case of Lundstramitis where he overrates himself, I think it will be that what we offer him, probably a 1 or 2 year deal with limited time on the pitch, won't be attractive if he's got other clubs offering 3 years and a starting place in the team. This is probably his chance at a decent payday before he's forced to start looking at 1 or 2 year deals, so it might just be that he goes elsewhere.

I'd thank him for his time at the club and wish him well (unless he signs for the pigs!).

How many times did he get sent off last season, or are there a different set of rules in the Prem.
Obviously not, however referees are under far greater pressure, the game is generally played at a higher pace, players are more adept at drawing fouls and there is the added focus from VAR. Don't get me wrong, I like JLT and he really upped his game last season, I just think he'd be very vulnerable in the Premier League

Free agent now, talking to other clubs
Looks like we won't budge on the one year offered
Disappointing for me, deserves a longer deal
Inclined to agree… as backup LCB he’d be great. Brings real competitive spirit, consistency of personnel and some (albeit painful) PL experience.

Add to that he’s exactly the kind of player who would stick around if we go straight down he was very much on my fantasy “keep” list when planning for next year.

The fact he’s not signed and pre-season has started isn’t good either. If I were Hecky I’d want a line drawing under this asap (one way or the other).

To be honest both sides are being a bit stupid based on what has apparently being offered. The club must see that a one year deal is not going to acceptable, although I wouldn't be offering more improved terms, I would give him a three year deal. From his point of view is he just been stubborn,? If he wants to play in the Premier League it with us because no other Premier League club will be signing him. If he accepts the deal is he really in a worse position at the end of next season? He could be in a better one. The one issue would be serious injury. Let suppose we had not been promoted We would offered him a new contract and he would have signed

Back
Top Bottom