15 Points by Boxing Day

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BladeByChoice

Reaction score
15 points, Should that be our target by Boxing Day?

I’m just wondering if the Prince has set a points total in his mind for Christmas and if we reach it he will invest in the JTW to keep us up and we don’t he will see us as relegated and save funds to replace Archer next season with strikers strong enough to get us promoted straight back to the Prem.

I think we should be targeting.

7/10 Fulham

4/11 Wolves

25/11 Bournemouth

2/12 Burnley

26/12 Luton

As 3 pointers, we won’t win them all but we will pick up unexpected points from other matches, Wolves v City as an example.

As always, I support the crest on the front of the shirt not the name on the back, whoever owns us, whoever manages us, whoever plays for us ⚔️🔴⚪⚫⚪🔴⚔️ UTB

I’m just wondering if the Prince has set a points total in his mind for Christmas and if we reach it he will invest in the JTW to keep us up and we don’t he will see us as relegated and save funds to replace Archer next season with strikers strong enough to get us promoted straight back to the Prem.

7/10 Fulham

4/11 Wolves

25/11 Bournemouth

2/12 Burnley

26/12 Luton

As 3 pointers, we won’t win them all but we will pick up unexpected points from other matches, Wolves v City as an example.

As always, I support the crest on the front of the shirt not the name on the back, whoever owns us, whoever manages us, whoever plays for us ⚔️🔴⚪⚫⚪🔴⚔️ UTB
Nothing v Fulham. We never get anything in London
Nothing v wolves. It's wolves. Nothing!
Maybe. Just maybe.... A point each from the other three.
Maybe.
So four points by boxing day.

Maybe.

We currently have 1 point after 7 games and you're suggesting 14 more points in the next 12 games is something to aim for? Going at the current rate we'll be very lucky to hit double figures come 2024.

This is 5th worst start ever in the Premier League after seven games.

Even worse than ourselves in 2020-21.

7/10 Fulham

4/11 Wolves

25/11 Bournemouth

2/12 Burnley

26/12 Luton

Prince has said on a number of occasions that the January transfer window doesn't represent value for money so highly doubtful.

Prince is still in the position of one hand in one hand out which I think is the issue. It's keeping things just about ticking over and that's it.

We currently have 1 point after 7 games and you're suggesting 14 more points in the next 12 games is something to aim for? Going at the current rate we'll be very lucky to hit double figures come 2024.
Might as well just give up then eh?

Fortunately there are others, hopefully including the people who count, that are made of sterner stuff.

7/10 Fulham

4/11 Wolves

25/11 Bournemouth

2/12 Burnley

26/12 Luton

One to re-visit on Boxing Day!
I don't think you'll be too far away with your prediction. Personally I think it will be 11 or 12.
We then need to average just over a point per game for the second half of the season to give us any chance at all.
It might not be an easy ask and might seem a million miles away at the moment, but this is do-able.
I am sure the players haven't given up as quickly as some fans have (ours as well as the ret of the football world).

Maximum points we get by Boxing Day is 5 or 6 and that’s being generous we are way behind the level we need to be to compete in this league
Perhaps I'm working my way through the multiple stages of grief but to be perfectly honest I'm fully okay with it. We got promoted and turns out were just not quite good enough.

I'd be getting far more irate if I knew we could be competitive enough to be challenging for top 10 and we just weren't performing.

We're trying, we're not quite cutting it and no doubt we'll have another go at promotion next season should we end up relegated this season.

7/10 Fulham

4/11 Wolves

25/11 Bournemouth

2/12 Burnley

26/12 Luton

I’ve been to every match so far this season and I haven’t seen anything to suggest we will beat anybody. We can’t keep persevering with 3 luxury players (Macatee / Hamer / Archer) because it leaves us so vulnerable without the ball.

In terms of points, we’re exactly where we were in 20/21 and if we pick up another one before December, we’ll be ahead of last time.

Still worse at the minute though, same points but inferior goal difference.

The worst start ever was Palace in 2017-18 when they lost their first seven matches without scoring a single goal.

I expect 30 points to become the norm for survival. That should've been the target at the start of the season, but it appears a hard feat now.

7/10 Fulham

4/11 Wolves

25/11 Bournemouth

2/12 Burnley

26/12 Luton

I love the optimism - I will go 3 from here - so 4 points by Xmas .... but an FA Cup win and Europe next season

There are some games we should be looking to take points from more than others, that’s obvious. So you can’t say, we’ve got one point from seven games, so we’ll have three points after twenty one.

Having said that, I do think fifteen points by Christmas is a bit optimistic 🤨

If you’ve noticed, it’s a forum. If someone posts an opinion or makes a statement that others think is ridiculous then they can expect people to come back at them on it. It’s kind of how a forum works.
It's the manner in which you do it, Mr Jansky

Let's just concentrate on not getting beat at Fulham. Small steps.

I think this team is good for a surprise result against ManUtd. They hate playing against teams that don't play possession football. Ten Hag is clueless when it comes to beating teams that sit deep and let them have the ball.

Back
Top Bottom