Mostafa Mohamed

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

No chance this would happen imo. He gave a statement saying he couldn't play on homophobia awareness day because of his beliefs. Not sure he could play for any English club on that basis, nearly every game has some level of lgbtq+ awareness attached to it these days

No chance this would happen imo. He gave a statement saying he couldn't play on homophobia awareness day because of his beliefs. Not sure he could play for any English club on that basis, nearly every game has some level of lgbtq+ awareness attached to it these days

Ok, I'll probably regret saying this because it's my views won't be liked by many, but I think it should be up to the individual if they wish to participate with wearing rainbow laces, a rainbow lanyard etc. I'm a Christian and have said that on occasions like this because it's what drives my belief system. I believe, someone can correct me if I'm wrong here, that Islam and Judaism also oppose for example same sex relationships, but I know in some countries being openly gay may well lead to all sorts of persecution which I totally oppose, but saying that being a Christian would also lead to persecution in many countries still today. Generally speaking when I speak to people face to face on my faith they'll say each to his own as a rule, just don't shove it in my face and many show an interest to know why I believe in God etc.

I have a different view to the LGBQT movement for want of a better word but as I said I believe an individual should have the right to decide whether they wish to take part in matters such as wearing a rainbow lanyard at work but I would be fearful if I refused to wear one because I know it would possibly cause problems for me personally. I hope this doesn't offend anyone. I should also point out many Christians are not agreed on this, it's split the Church of England for example so not all Christians will agree with me, but many would also.

Having read the article, CBA with the inevitable arguments, bans and closed threads on here! 😂

Last edited:
Ok, I'll probably regret saying this because it's my views won't be liked by many, but I think it should be up to the individual if they wish to participate with wearing rainbow laces, a rainbow lanyard etc. I'm a Christian and have said that on occasions like this because it's what drives my belief system. I believe, someone can correct me if I'm wrong here, that Islam and Judaism also oppose for example same sex relationships, but I know in some countries being openly gay may well lead to all sorts of persecution which I totally oppose, but saying that being a Christian would also lead to persecution in many countries still today. Generally speaking when I speak to people face to face on my faith they'll say each to his own as a rule, just don't shove it in my face and many show an interest to know why I believe in God etc.

I have a different view to the LGBQT movement for want of a better word but as I said I believe an individual should have the right to decide whether they wish to take part in matters such as wearing a rainbow lanyard at work but I would be fearful if I refused to wear one because I know it would possibly cause problems for me personally. I hope this doesn't offend anyone. I should also point out many Christians are not agreed on this, it's split the Church of England for example so not all Christians will agree with me, but many would also.
Presumably you don't believe that adulterers should be put to death, despite it saying so in the Bible.

Religious beliefs are a matter of interpretation. People pick and choose which parts they want and which they don't. I know plenty of Jews that eat pork. I also know Muslims who drink alcohol and others (sometimes the same people) who are fully supportive of LGBT rights. Saying "this is my religion" is a cop out, as in the case of this footballer who I hope we don't sign.

Presumably you don't believe that adulterers should be put to death, despite it saying so in the Bible.

Religious beliefs are a matter of interpretation. People pick and choose which parts they want and which they don't. I know plenty of Jews that eat pork. I also know Muslims who drink alcohol and others (sometimes the same people) who are fully supportive of LGBT rights. Saying "this is my religion" is a cop out, as in the case of this footballer who I hope we don't sign.
Surely people have every right to pick and choose which parts of their religion they observe?
As long as they obey the laws of the land they're in and respect others - its their choice how strongly they hold their belief.
Jonathan Edwards, Olympic Triple Jumper and Eric Liddell (Chariots of Fire) are 2 Brits who spring to mind.
There are multiple examples from different sports, countries and religions.

One like is not enough for this reply ⬆️
👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Thanks for the reply DC and for it being well made; no I don't believe adulterers should be stoned to death, you may also recall Jesus said in such a circumstance "those without sin cast the first stone" at what was an adulterer. We could spend a long, long time debating the Bible, or any faith, my my point is that I think that the footballer, as it is in this instance, should have the right for people to respect his view based on his faith, but tolerance for people with a different view on LGBQT rights seems to be lacking - in my view.

I think if we met in a pub before a Blades match would be a much better place to discuss faith or gay rights, not that I'm saying lets do that, but I know when I put my point on about my faith that naturally many won't agree and it was my choice to put my view on the forum. I think my main problem with the LGBQT movement is that in my experience (it appears to me anyway particularly within the media) that they don't want respect, they want agreement with their view and if I can't offer that then I'm a homophobic bigot. Can't people agree to disagree as long as we respect the views of the other person, assuming they're well made and reasonable - I know that is subjective!

I have to accept that with my faith that some people think I'm wrong, that's their right to think that, why can't people accept that this footballer has a different view, he doesn't wish to wear the Rainbow badge on the shirt, is not freedom of speech/actions allowed anymore? I'm not a Brexiter, right wing voter just in case you may think the type of person I am, I just feel passionately about my faith; if I didn't then I wouldn't consider myself a Christian. I just believe in the Bible, yes you might say my interpretation of the Bible (that's a very long debate in itself) and I don't see it as a cop out, but I get where you're coming from, even if I don't agree.

Why do we have to give special attention to any group? I go to watch football not political and / or social agendas. Ask my views on the street outside but everyone and everything can feck reyt off when I’m watching me footy.

Surely people have every right to pick and choose which parts of their religion they observe?
As long as they obey the laws of the land they're in and respect others - its their choice how strongly they hold their belief.
Jonathan Edwards, Olympic Triple Jumper and Eric Liddell (Chariots of Fire) are 2 Brits who spring to mind.
There are multiple examples from different sports, countries and religions.

Jonathan Edwards also grew out of his early years brainwashing and now doesn't believe in fairy stories. Shame it hurt his career even if only slightly

Jonathan Edwards also grew out of his early years brainwashing and now doesn't believe in fairy stories. Shame it hurt his career even if only slightly
This is the sort of stuff I'm used to Berkshire! A classic example of someone totally disrespecting a Christian faith or for that matter anyone of a religious faith as brainwashed and fairy stories. You're entitled to your view, don't get me wrong and how you express it, but I think there's a much better way of expressing it.

I think my main problem with the LGBQT movement is that in my experience (it appears to me anyway particularly within the media) that they don't want respect, they want agreement with their view and if I can't offer that then I'm a homophobic bigot.
Nailed it! That's absolutely true of the vast majority of left wing pushed doctrine. Homophobic/Racist/anti-Semitic etc etc. They're all interchangeable to suit the particular left wing agenda. If you're a Conservative and you've not been called any or all of the above, you're not Conservative enough.

As long as they obey the laws of the land they're in and respect others - it’s their choice how strongly they hold their belief.
They do have the right to decide. And I believe there ought to be consequences for the decisions they make. In this instance: not playing for Sheffield United.

Reactions: BV

Back
Top Bottom