What Rhian Brewster has.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

How’s that work? Have they rebuild him?
Replaced them with titanium alloy?
View attachment 162110
Surgical repair consists of an incision along the back of the thigh, freeing of the tendons from the surrounding tissue and reattachment to the ischial tuberosity. This surgery has a high success rate in terms of returning individuals back to their pre- injury level of activity, treating pain, and restoring strength.

It's frustrating that before his last injury it seemed like something had clicked. Just look at Mcburnie last year to this year. Things can change quickly and confidence and fitness is a big part of it
Also dropping a division was what got Oli Mac scoring again. I highly doubt he will score many goals in the prem and nor will Brewster. I really hope I am wrong.

Looks like Brewster is going to be the fans new whipping boy. poor kid.
Someone as to be it. Is it just Blades fans that have these so called whipping boys or do all clubs have one?. We always seem to have one on the go us Blades, we sell a whipping boy or they leave and within in a week some other unfortunate gets the job of the whipping boy.

Surgical repair consists of an incision along the back of the thigh, freeing of the tendons from the surrounding tissue and reattachment to the ischial tuberosity. This surgery has a high success rate in terms of returning individuals back to their pre- injury level of activity, treating pain, and restoring strength.
And doesn’t mention anything with regards to reoccurrence or weakness, just that they return to pre-injury activity. I hope you’re right but that extract doesn’t support it.

And doesn’t mention anything with regards to reoccurrence or weakness, just that they return to pre-injury activity. I hope you’re right but that extract doesn’t support it.
I was going on what his surgeon said when he had the first opp .and to be fair it was the other hammy that went second time

Looks like Brewster is going to be the fans new whipping boy. poor kid.
It’s nothing to do with being a whipping boy, people are giving an extremely reasonable and proportionate appraisal of his performances and contribution on the pitch over a period of three years.

Come on, he’s not even been close to doing the business has he.

We’d have been disappointed with this on-field return from a free transfer, simple as that

Hi Stegosaurus here,

I still can't believe Klopp somehow got Wilder to fork over 23 million for him.

I imagine it went like this.

Klopp: "23 million--and I'll buy him back for 30 after he does well."

Wilder: "done"

Klopp: "You have been"

Wilder: What?"

Klopp: "Err...I said you will win."

Later ...

Jurgen-Klopp-laugh-Buvac.jpg

"And then I said, I'd buy him back for 30 million!"

The biggest challenge of all, before any of the other considerations here can fall into place, is being able to trust his own body.

Loan him out until January, a Championship club, then if he's started to find the goal, bring him back.
An empty shirt at United at the moment.
This. He needs to prove his fitness, first and foremost, but he needs to play regularly.

He's so far off a professional footballer, it's scary. Anticipation and reading of the game is terrible. Schoolboy level. However, when he did have a spell in the team you could see the rapid improvement in his all-round game.

Needs to play 20 games at Championship level and if good enough bring him back in January.

And the players who have successfully come back from this sort of injury and gone on to have a great career are ?.... :rolleyes:

hes getting a nice long recuperation period
I wouldn't write him off, was just starting to look the part when the injury occurred last season

I had a thought , bit daft really, I was thinking if just for a change we encouraged some of our players
instead of hanging them out to dry , bit left field maybe but worth a shot

I agree.

Didzy - who perhaps knows a thing or two about football - says about Brewster : “I see him in training and, trust me, there’s not a better finisher I’ve seen at 20 years of age.” and “He will be a massive success, there is no doubt about that.”

And Brewster was continually selected as the best English U21 striker, so other well respected coaches rated him.

So perhaps let him get fit and give him the benefit of the doubt?

Fingers crossed he can stay fit for a season. It's a big ask given his record but I still fancy him to come good. I think the current setup suits him better than Wilder's but he really need to step it up to have a chance.

He will prove a few people wrong next season.
Hope you're right but so far not seen a single thing that makes me think he's any good. Plus even if he does score a few it seems like he's made of glass so he'll never be fit enough to be a regular starter

Last edited:
Hopefully he goes out on loan and proves he’s still a professional footballer at a decent level, he’ll be a lame duck for us in the PL.

Watching that video it's as if we're watching a different player to the one we bought. Great skill, superb technique, strength, can score with either foot, what the fuck went wrong? Injuries have certainly stalled his progress, but the guy in the video looks exceptional, a dangerous predator that we could do with this season.

Surely it can't have been a flash in the pan? Or was the wool pulled over our eyes and we failed to do due diligence? I hope I'm wrong, finger's crossed.
Hamstring made of glass

Brewster hasn't actually missed many chances for us. He just doesn't seem to have a football brain so doesn't get into many good positions. Really hope he turns things around as he's definitely got something. Will he even get a full pre-season?
That's been part of my concern with him when he's played. Not getting into good positions for chances, not ever really causing trouble for defenders. Missing chances and making mistakes on the ball is something I can look past, but not looking like he's going to get involved isn't. You see Jebbison come on and he's very raw but he's constantly on the move and hassling. You watch someone like Sharp who contributes little for a striker beyond being a poacher but you still see him ragging defenders, making moves, trying to find space. When McBurnie was getting slated, I could at least defend him a little by watching how he tried to get involved. With Brewster, I've seen the odd good moment on the ball while he watches the game pass him by. The number of times a decent move ends in nothing because Brewster's not seen an attack coming and not kept up with play. I hope he proves me wrong but sadly I just don't see it. With the injuries on top of that it's hard to see a success coming.

Not a chance that Brewster goes out on loan I don’t think.

He will be seen as pivotal by the coaching staff this coming season. I would imagine he will start on the bench behind N’diaye and Mcburnie.

Believe it or not we will definitely be relying on N’diaye, Mcburnie and Brewster to produce for us.

There is a chance Osula will go on loan to the right club but Jebbison will be around the squad also with budget spent mainly on midfield and defence

Back
Top Bottom