What Rhian Brewster has.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1686233626615.png

giphy.gif

Watching that video it's as if we're watching a different player to the one we bought. Great skill, superb technique, strength, can score with either foot, what the fuck went wrong? Injuries have certainly stalled his progress, but the guy in the video looks exceptional, a dangerous predator that we could do with this season.

Surely it can't have been a flash in the pan? Or was the wool pulled over our eyes and we failed to do due diligence? I hope I'm wrong, finger's crossed.

Just needs to be able to stay fit and get a run of games actually playing at striker and watch him go.

Unfortunately fitness seems a real issue, hopefully he can overcome it

It says on there that his transfer value is £550k , which makes me wonder why we paid £23m

We paid young English player hype price. Which would have been palatable if he had more than 1 good season at Championship level.

If he was from anywhere else he would have been around the price we paid for Moose.

Watching that video it's as if we're watching a different player to the one we bought. Great skill, superb technique, strength, can score with either foot, what the fuck went wrong? Injuries have certainly stalled his progress, but the guy in the video looks exceptional, a dangerous predator that we could do with this season.

Surely it can't have been a flash in the pan? Or was the wool pulled over our eyes and we failed to do due diligence? I hope I'm wrong, finger's crossed.
"On 12 January 2018, during an U23 match against Manchester City, Brewster received oxygen and had to be stretchered off the field after landing awkwardly following an aerial challenge. He was later diagnosed with a high ankle sprain and related ligament damage and was ruled out for the remainder of the season. In March, he had to undergo a second operation in order to repair damage to his knee which he sustained during the same incident."

He lost an awful lot of development time to that. But mainly, those highlights are against kids who he could bully with strength and pace

Brewster has played 5,107 minutes (the equivalent of just under 57 full 90's). In 3 seasons with United he's played 2,844 minutes (32 full 90's) in 3 full seasons. To expect him to be a big contributor this season, and stay injury free is based on hopes and prayers rather than any tangible evidence

His whole career as an adult footballer is based on 20 games for Swansea in a season that most United fans like to say "didn't count" because there were no fans.

I hope I'm wrong about him, he's a likeable kid. But I doubt he plays a single Premier League minute in his career for a team other than United.

Brewster hasn't actually missed many chances for us. He just doesn't seem to have a football brain so doesn't get into many good positions. Really hope he turns things around as he's definitely got something. Will he even get a full pre-season?

We paid young English player hype price. Which would have been palatable if he had more than 1 good season at Championship level.

If he was from anywhere else he would have been around the price we paid for Moose.

If his talent matched the £23M back then.

He'd still be at Liverpool...

Wilder was mugged off big time.

Another hamstring injury next season and it has to be adiós.. hope it doesn't happen and he bags double figures.. someone has to or we,re down.

confidence

Liverpool had our pants down on this one, Osula and Jebbo in the same category nowhere near good enough for the prem

Back
Top Bottom