Sharp

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Is it really that surprising a decision? Gradual decline has been obvious for some time. You cannot complain at Sharp's willingness to work, to make whatever contributions are still within his capability, but does this satisfy the need for a player, whatever position, who can perform at a level expected of him?

Billy has been a great player for the Blades, his ability to score regularly has been a critical part in helping to establish this club at a level I suspect we were always destined for. The fact that there appears to have been few if any offers for Sharp might suggest that other clubs recognise these shortcomings.

This decision to part company is inevitable. Of course there will be those amongst us who cannot recognise why this decision was necessary, perhaps they imagined that we should support a player no matter how obvious his decline has become. It's time to move on, let's celebrate Sharp as a player who played a crucial role for the Blades, sadly that time has gone. It won't be easy to find a player who can score upwards of 15 goals a season, but this is the problem all clubs face, so let's get a grip and make every effort to accept the obvious.

It’s a shame as we don’t have a better finisher at club, sad we couldn’t give him a spot on bench for season

He may well be the best finisher at the club, but if he doesn't have the all round game to get into positions in the PL anymore to utilise that ability, then he could be Erling Haaland level of finishing and it wouldn't matter

Im sure he said he didnt want to pllay for any other team so lets hope he stays in a coaching role

Im sure he said he didnt want to pllay for any other team so lets hope he stays in a coaching role

Does he even want to coach? Has he even been doing his coaching badges? Would he be a better coach than whatever striking coach(es) we have right now?

Single most important figure to have pulled on that shirt in my lifetime.

I don't care about the whys and wherefores of his departure. Nothing but gratitude from me.

He lived the dreams of thousands, nothing more to prove.

I wish him nothing but the greatest success ❤️⚔️

Does he even want to coach? Has he even been doing his coaching badges? Would he be a better coach than whatever striking coach(es) we have right now?

He's said numerous times he wants to play until he can't.

He owns a coaching school and has done up to his A Licence. He actively coaches the kids who attend and appears to really enjoy it. Not sure about adults though.

I can see the logic, but I am still gutted.

A bona fide club legend who terrorised our opponents at his peak.

Hope he gets another deal locally, because he still has a few goals in him.

Thanks Billy lad , it's been a pleasure.

download (4).jpeg

If true I can him imagine him not wanting to move far away.

Surely Rotherham would be a great place for him to go?

Of maybe he could follow Didsy to Derby County.

I think Derby might be off the cards mate after his recent 'engagements' with their fanbase 😂 but agree it would be good for him to get another local club. Millers, Huddersfield, Donny (again) or even somewhere like Bradford.

Sad news but correct decision. Would’ve hoped he’d be given a coaching role with the kids or helping Geary.

Deserves to be held in the same esteem as the likes of Deane, Currie & Edwards etc as Blades legends.

Absolutely means that the likes of Fleck, Stevens & it pains me to say it, maybe Basham don’t get kept on too. All of a similar standard.
Basham signed a 2 year extension last year. Surely you're not advocating paying him up.

How many other players are out there right now who've scored for one club in three divisions?

How many other players are out there right now who've scored for one club in three divisions?
Some Luton players have been with the club since they were in the national League i think. i recall some commentator random facting something along the lines of that.

I would have offered him something on the coaching side with minimal playing time, but otherwise it’s probably the right decision to move on.

He may well be the best finisher at the club, but if he doesn't have the all round game to get into positions in the PL anymore to utilise that ability, then he could be Erling Haaland level of finishing and it wouldn't matter
Personally I thought yeh he can’t play every week but I would have kept him for last 10 mins each game if needed

I think he should have been phased out last season, the likes of jebbo and Osula have been held back from getting valuable experience

Not sure how he could have been phased out last season with the amount of injuries we had up front. Also, last season he bagged 14.

Back
Top Bottom