2022/2023 Match Thread Sunderland v. Sheffield United - 15th March 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUND
SUND
SUND

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
sunderland.gif
vs.
sufc.gif

Championship Week 37 - Wednesday 15th March 2023 - 20:00 - Stadium of Light

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sunderland-vs-sheffield-united.641/

Officials:

Referee: Matthew Donohue
Assistant Referee: Richard Wild
Assistant Referee: Paul Hodskinson
Fourth Official: Ben Toner

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1671401521883.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Screenshot 2023-03-13 at 22.03.29.png

He’s a right prick, every team in the league swarms the ref

I hate how often players surround the ref in general but you'll be hard pushed to find a game anywhere where several players won't react to a challenge like that.

It wasn't quite as bad on replay but in real time it looked a shocker and he could easily have took his shin or knee out.

McAnuff saying he can understand why our players reacted like that and could easily have been a red.

Really impressed with that half of football. Played some lovely stuff with purpose. Composed on the ball. Much better than what we’ve seen for a couple months.

Really liking the look of jebbo, midfield look so much better without norwood punting aimless long balls into the channel.

I don’t think anyone is having a bad game. More of the same for the second half.

Despite the slating on here. We've absolutely bossed the midfield tonight. They've had one chance and scored.

If hecky has balls to keep same team going we should go on and win this.

(Berge getting slated on my commentary however, saying like playing with 10 men on occasions and switched off on their goal)

I actually think Berge’s played quite well. Looks comfortable in a more forward role alongside McAtee and Doyle. Obviously hope we win but this is what I like to see, effort and desire. Can’t ask for any more.

I would take Max Lowe off, and unpopular opinion I would bring Norwood on for Burge.
The chasing pack all winning, they'll be breathing down our neck if we don't win this

Our midfield just looks so much more dynamic without the Fleck/Norwood combo.
It does.

Nothing away from Mcatee, fantastic finish and even Baldock with the nice lay off.

We just constantly seem to want to play back. It's understandable in some cases as most teams set up defensively against us, they're clearly targeting Ndiaye to take him out the game, he was causing them issues in the first 15 with Jebbo and they've soon tried to block that off.

It's been fucking miserable of late being a Blade, nothing seems to be clicking and when we're struggling to make our own, we just don't seem to be getting any luck.

Sunderland do look a bit dangerous on the attack specially when our defense seemingly do switch off at times and it's a very physical game. It so easily could be ours we just don't seem to be able to make it happen lately.

Much much better. Aggression, speed and style. We didn't deserve the goal, another Berge inept performance. His fault. Ref is a wanker, but this should be ours. Deserved to be level. They will tire second half. Left side worrying with 2 yellows. Lowe needs replacing quickly.

Much more energetic first half. Moved the ball around pretty well apart from a few misplaced passes. We need to calm it down a bit though and get some control. It's quite end to end and overly frenetic. Defensively we've looked a bit poor. Egan miles out of position for their goal but there have been a few times when we've back off all the way to our box. Need to close them down earlier and give them less room. Upfront, the ball needs to stick more. It's like basketball at the moment.

I do think our midfield isn't strong enough. They're getting joy just breaking through the middle. I thought McAtee was making some poor decisions until the goal.

Need to be careful with these tackles though. Could easily lose a man.

All to play for.

We had lots of joy passing and moving, then for some reason we started lumping it up to the forwards. Shortly after that Sunderland scored 😡 Then we just carried on lumping it again - WTF?
As soon as we started passing and moving again we scored 🤔
Funny that!

I’ve been concerned about our performances since World Cup, have you also noticed how we’ve been shit since they scored?

You can’t have it both ways:

We play well and concede: “The performance doesn’t matter, it’s the result that counts”.

We play badly and win: “Yeah, but we played badly, the result was a fluke”.

How we have 3 players booked and them 1 I’m not sure. Ballard consistently fouling Jebbo and that leg breaker was a shocker. Players need to keep their cool and not let the ref wind them up as much as he doing to me!!

The other Sunderland striker makes a good run to pull our defence across and opened up the space,admittedly Berge switched off,but he's been ok apart from that.

How we have 3 players booked and them 1 I’m not sure. Ballard consistently fouling Jebbo and that leg breaker was a shocker. Players need to keep their cool and not let the ref wind them up as much as he doing to me!!
How is that shocker of a challenge on jebbo a yellow when a little shirt tug is as well? U cant tell me both are a serious as each other. Ref is a wankstain.

Back
Top Bottom