2022/2023 Match Thread Blackburn Rovers v. Sheffield United - 4th March 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BLA
BLA
BLA

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
blackburnrovers.gif
vs.
sufc.gif

Championship Week 34 - Saturday 4th March 2023 - 12:30 - Ewood Park

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/blackburn-rovers-vs-sheffield-united.639/

Officials:

Referee: Josh Smith
Assistant Referee: Craig Taylor
Assistant Referee: Akil Howson
Fourth Official: Andy Woolmer

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1671401521883.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Screenshot 2023-03-03 at 20.53.16.png

Last edited:

Happy with most of play. Berge just coasts and doesn’t work with Norwood and fleck for me but he also coasts forward and is good at link up. Just so frustrating that so easily bypassed watching him jog back.
But we are playing well going forward and mcburnie playing well for team

Good half of football that. Hopefully more productive second half.

Their ball boys and fans hold onto the ball for nearly 2 minutes at a corner and only one minute added time, the refereeing in this league is a complete joke

Not being funny, but how are we losing to these twats?

It should be about 4-1. We've been like the home side.

Got to take chances. Far too wasteful.

Basham should have scored at least one.

It's fucking shit to have not scored so far. We've been dicking them. It's not been good defending from them either. It's been shit finishing from us.

I'm expecting a QPR last season second half. We're miles better than them it was just pure organisational stupidity that let them score.

We're by far the most capable side but you need to make your chances count.

Last edited:
I stand corrected, Berge has been further forward this game for sure… it hasn’t worked. We’ve missed him driving with the ball down the right.
Massive lack of energy in the midfield.
That being said… we could’ve scored a couple of goals if not for some poor decision making.
Confident we can turn this around with a bit of a tweek! ⚔️

Looked OK going forward but absolute garbage and half arsed at the back.

These are here for the taking!

same old... create all the chances and don’t score, they get one from a counter and should’ve been 2-0 up, finish 2-0 Blackburn this

How bad is the illness through the team..

We're able to cut them open fairly easily but looks like we're playing with the energy of a friendly match.

Then when they do turn it over and break we don't have the energy to get back.

Can't help but think Ili isn't quite 100% tbh.

Happy with most of play. Berge just coasts and doesn’t work with Norwood and fleck for me but he also coasts forward and is good at link up. Just so frustrating that so easily bypassed watching him jog back.
But we are playing well going forward and mcburnie playing well for team
You're right. He has some moments of quality but it's like he's fucking day dreaming half the time. There was one ball in the air in the middle, he let it bounce, left it for Bogle who had a man on him and ended it giving away a foul.

Needs to get his shit together because I'm not sure which matches he's actually going to turn up. This is 2nd vs 4th in a game we can put them out of it and kick Boro in the bollocks yet he's coasting as you say.

How bad is the illness through the team..

We're able to cut them open fairly easily but looks like we're playing with the energy of a friendly match.

Then when they do turn it over and break we don't have the energy to get back.

Can't help but think Ili isn't quite 100% tbh.
Looking hungover most of the team. Absolutely sleeping their way along.

Agree with most of the comments. Still see us winning. Blackburn are not that good. Step up one gear and we win 3-1. Would like to see Doyle for next 45.

These 2 can not play together just not enough pace about them now, every now and again it will pay off against poorer sides, we need Doyle or Mactee in there

They’ve been crap together for not months seasons now

Fleck plays a decent 45 minutes and is suddenly and automatic starter

Hecky clearly has his Favourites the fact sharp is on the bench over jebbinson is outrageous in my mind

Glad they've started to play
First 20 seconds, 3 big errors, so I thought fuck it

I have no patience for stupidity especially with United who have pissed me off much more often for being stupid than they have for being crap.
Thought you'd turned it off?

Sanders really pissing me off in this game, no desire to press or influence the game going forwards. Games just passing him by.

He’s been the best midfielder by a mile what game are you watching fleck & Norwood cost us a goal and barely do anything to drive us forward

We are having enough spots to score and more will come. We just had odd decisions at times, but hopefully the team will get the minds together.
Totally winnable for us and Blackburn hasn't seemed a big threath tbh. The shot tha hit the post, Wes was right behind the ball, but made a decision not to put his hand between ball and post. Would had saved if ball was going in.

Good game and both teams playing pretty well. They're pressing much better than we are.

We're allowing them to put the ball in the box too easily and at times we've looked a little comical when they've broken on us. McBurnie too busy complaining on the goal. Fleck too easily beaten. Our team far too slow. Not sure what Wes was doing but he just gave their player an open goal. Terrible setting and positioning. Face the shooter ffs.

We've moved the ball well but we need to use a bit more intelligence. CBs ranging looks good but we're leaving gaps we can't cover. Berge looks like he's just got out of bed. We pass the ball around nicely and it comes to him and bounces off him, he takes an extra touch, slows it down and gets tackled. Why can't Egan direct defensive headers. He literally just heads it anywhere. So frustrating.

We need more composure in front of their goal and to get a foot on it in midfield. They looked quicker and more up for it at times in the first half. When they attack we're giving them too much time and space. Just need to cut out the stupid errors, be less gungho in attack and try and dominate possession.

I hope we're not starting to give other teams goals from our corners again!

I think it's going to be one of those days - happy to be wrong, we need something from this game

Playing well within ourselves in our comfort zone,its quite a big game this so hopefully the required gear change and intensity that is needed here will come in the second half.

He’s been the best midfielder by a mile what game are you watching fleck & Norwood cost us a goal and barely do anything to drive us forward
You must be talking (and been watching) about Basham, who's been infront of Berge a lot..
Their shirt numbers look bit alike tho

Back
Top Bottom