2022/2023 Match Thread Sheffield United v. Middlesbrough - 15th February 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
MIDD
MIDD
MIDD
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
sufc.gif
vs.
middlesbrough.gif

Championship Week 31 - Wednesday 15th February 2023 - 20:00 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-middlesbrough.636/

Officials:

Referee: Andre Marriner
Assistant Referee: Matthew Wilkes
Assistant Referee: Nick Greenhalgh
Fourth Official: Darren Bond

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1671401521883.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Screenshot 2023-02-12 at 00.18.51.png

Arguably, this is the hardest home game that we have left. A must not lose result is acceptable imo.

Wes

Bogle Anel Egan Robbo Lowe

Norwood

Berge Mcatee

Ndiaye

McBurnie

We will need Mcburnie's height in both boxes for this one and we need to keep the ability to break at lightening pace with Ndiaye, Mcatee, Lowe and Bogle. Berge and Norwood are dominating again.

Same attitude and performance again and we will take some beating. Going to be a very close game I reckon, but win this one and it really is looking good with potentially being 16 points clear of 3rd if we win the game in hand.

UTMB

Andre Marriner,he reffed the away game at Middlesboro and he gets the return game,are their any wrongs in the first game that he might want to put right in this game.

Fookin best referee pic ever this one.

1280%20Andre%20Marriner%20referee%202017.jpg

We had a must win game against them last season when Wilder was at the helm battered them 4-0, more of the same please on Wednesday. They’ve had some piss easy games, not really impressed and when they came up against Sunderland lost 2-0.
This Blades team is built of a very strong and resolute defence which is getting better week on week.
Come on Blades 👊🏻

We had a must win game against them last season when Wilder was at the helm battered them 4-0, more of the same please on Wednesday. They’ve had some piss easy games, not really impressed and when they came up against Sunderland lost 2-0.
This Blades team is built of a very strong and resolute defence which is getting better week on week.
Come on Blades 👊🏻
4-1 it was

Come on Blades 👊🏻

This ^^^^^^^^^^^

Although to hear some of this foum you'd think that we are playing peak Man Citeh, because they have Carrick at the helm and have signed Dan Barlaser, but who knows right...?

All I do know is that Hecky and the lads seem very good at getting the job done and more or less every time that one of the supposed top teams has come to the Lane this season, we have wiped the floor with them. Norwich were the only exception, and we should have won that in the end.

At em lads.

Game of the season

The players will know what this one represents

It needs to bring out the best in them, and the best in our support. Should be a big atmosphere, very much like a Sheffield Derby

If McBurnie starts I'm confident

I’m sorry to disappoint, but even if we lose and I don’t think we will, we will still be 7pts in front with a game in hand. The pressure, is all theirs to soak up. It’s a free hit for us.

They would be saying that, trying to play mind games. It's true though that if we win, it's a big step to our goal as we'd be 13 points clear of them AND with a game in hand.

I wouldn’t say mind games, they’re trying to reassure themselves there’s still a chance in catching us and looking for other fans of theirs to back them up and tell them it’s going to be ok.

Having said that, we can’t afford to take any feet off any gas, a tough string of games coming up. Thinking back to Wilder’s day, he was the king of taking one game at a time and not looking that far ahead…more of the same please. And, taking of Wilder again, more of the same Boro performances when was in charge of them!!

I’m sorry to disappoint, but even if we lose and I don’t think we will, we will still be 7pts in front with a game in hand. The pressure, is all theirs to soak up. It’s a free hit for us.

Another point that is important to mention....it's not just about closing a 10-12 point gap
This doesn't receive enough of a a mention but once any team closes the gap they they need to maintain that impressive form.

Guaranteed auto promotion form is normally classed as 2 points per game.
So in an 46 point season you end up with a very impressive 92 points....that the kind of points tally we're heading towards at the moment.

Boro have already been in brilliant from their last 10 matches
but lets assume they continue with auto promotion form averaging 2 points per game.

Boro have 15 games left....so let's assume they acquire a very impressive 30 points from those games, that means they finish the season on 81 points.

We are currently on 61 points....so finishing on 82 points is likely to be enough.
So from our last 16 games....it's highly likely we can afford to win 6 draw 3 lose 7.

We all accept Boro have been in incredible run of form.
In their last 16 league matches they have won 11 drawn 2 lost 3 = 35 points.
So if they repeat their incredible form (which is unlikely) they'll finish on 86 points.
So from our last 16 games we'd then need to win 7 drawn 4 lose 5, which is pretty average and we're still auto promoted.

Last edited:
Another point that is important to mention....it's not just about closing a 10-12 point gap
This doesn't receive enough of a a mention but once any team closes the gap they they need to maintain that impressive form.

Guaranteed auto promotion form is normally classed as 2 points per game.
So in an 46 point season you end up with a very impressive 92 points....that the kind of points tally we're heading towards at the moment.

Boro have already been in brilliant from their last 10 matches
but lets assume they continue with auto promotion form averaging 2 points per game.

Boro have 15 games left....so let's assume they acquire a very impressive 30 points from those games, that means they finish the season on 81 points.

We are currently on 61 points....so finishing on 82 points is likely to be enough.
So from our last 16 games....it's highly likely we can afford to win 6 draw 3 lose 7.
I think we can afford to lose 4 and draw 3/4. That would mean Middlesbrough could only lose 3 in order to catch us. A big ask, but I would rather it was not that close !

Back
Top Bottom