Outgoing? SANDER BERGE ON WAY OUT ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He doesn't exactly want to stay. He's a solid pro, a great lad and will do as he's told, within reason.

He went down to Fulham yesterday to discuss terms so he was obviously open to a move down to London.
However if the move doesn't happen then he's more than happy to stay here too.
The deal with Berge is he desperately needs to be playing in the PL asap and as we are currently 2nd he can get his wish with us.
Hecky said that Berge told him he wants to stay yesterday so before todays news broke, so I’ll believe Hecky.

He went down to Fulham to discuss personal terms? Didn’t realise that, link us up

Caicedo to Arsenal Off, no further talks… hope they don’t turn their attention to Sander 🙈

1 source said his agent traveled down for talks

Then

1 source said he himself traveled down for talks

Multiple seem to say he wanted to stay and has trained like normal.

No doubt his agent was keen on a move, probably be able to bag himself a million or more.

For weeks it’s been said Sander is ‘relaxed’ about his future wanting to play prem footy with us sat pretty in the league.

Unless he was pictured down there I’ll believe Hecky - he’s happy here and not pushing for a move / discussing terms with anyone.

After all this panic
Basically nothing has changed from the last statement.

In fact the Prince has continuously said over and over that

Any one of our players could potentially be sold BUT only if buying clubs meet our valuation
AND we have adequate replacements lined up that will improve the squad and improve our chances for success.

The Prince has also made it clear several times that the club is under no pressure to sell.
Now that is interesting one because we don't really know how much pressure there is (in reality) to sell.

Also people like Andy and others refer to the Princes poor finances
but if we are about to be taken over then there must be a point where the Princes financial situation is irrelevant.
The Prince finances only become relevant if there was never any takeover or the takeover has failed or will fail.

The suggested non sales of Berge and N'Diaye suggest 2 things
1: Either everything is fine financially, maybe the embargo is just a technically. Prince is very confident the takeover will be agreed soon then the embargo is cleared.
2: or as a club we're like a ship heading for the rocks but the Prince prefers to close his eyes and continue in that direction.
I recon the non payment was a payment technicality and disagreement with Brighton for Khadra, I don’t think it was us holding payments back just because we’re skint, add in the takeover limbo and you get an over exaggerated shit storm.

I have a feeling we’ll probably get more info from the club tomorrow.

The statement says we rejected offers.
Correct and also no offers near valuation so very much doubt Berge went to talk personal terms as it wasn’t no where near that advanced stage between the two clubs… his agent will have no doubt talked to them and numerous others who didn’t show their hand, that’s what he is paid for though his job is to go and find the best deal on offer for his client.

Surely that's just them speculating, we've had confirmation today that Berge trained at Shirecliffe, not entirely impossible, but then also local press sources have said the club have confirmed they're not willing to listen to further offers
Also Fulham have signed the Torino midfielder today for £8m so hopefully that’s the end of it?

i think its possible fulham only offered 12m for berge but if darren smith is to be believed the financial situation between pa and our new owner has been sorted so maybe we didnt need to sell anyway

Agree.....it's possible that Fulham thought we were desperate and assumed they could bag a bargain.
They may come back late in the day with a £20 mill to £25 mill offer, then we might say yes, as long as it's not too late for us to bring in replacements.

Another transfer bulletin on Talksport from their transfer guru Alex Crook at 3.55pm today and I quote.

We understand that Fulham are seriously interested in buying Sander Berger.
Sources say Berge has been down in London during the last 24 hours discussing terms.
However the clubs haven't agreed a deal yet, we understand that Newcastle were also interested but that interest has now cooled.
Sheffield United are currently under a transfer embargo so are under pressure to sell either Berge or N'Diaye, a player who scores plenty of goals.
They need to go back to school “Berger” and “N’Diaye” aren’t in our squad.

We paid 22 mil so lost money on our asset.
Doesn’t amortisation cover that? I may well be wrong - maths isn’t my strong point - but I thought that players were depreciating assets so their transfer value was split across their whole contract, meaning that if we paid - for example - £20m for a player and signed them to a four year contract, that would be £5m per year. So if we sold them three years in, their value to the club would be the £5m that remains, not the full £20m we paid in the first place, meaning anything above £5m would in effect be profit?

Hecky said that Berge told him he wants to stay yesterday so before todays news broke, so I’ll believe Hecky.

He went down to Fulham to discuss personal terms? Didn’t realise that, link us up
He’s said it many times, so wasn’t Hecky’s or Berge’s behest (so who was it)? Rhetorical

I think football clubs write down the book value of the player, over the contract period, so Sander would be around £7M on our books?

Someone like Sean Thornton can explain it better than me.
Yes I get the idea of amortisation I think they call it. But ultimately it's a loss even if it saves us money in wages and outgoings in the interim.

We paid 22 mil so lost money on our asset.
Depends if you think you should get more for a player than you paid. It doesn’t always happen and he’ll be ‘worth’ around £7.5m on paper to the club.

Not all assets appreciate in value and footballers are no different.

Back
Top Bottom