Lewis O’brien

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

he was one of the best midfielders in the championship for udders last season cant believe some of our fans know nothing about him 10m is a good price but has to be on our terms we can only agree to that deal if the word promoted is in it

Think he wants a no stamping from McBurnie Clause added before he considers

Don't know why Forest would expect a 3m profit on him

Agreeing to pay 8m upon promotion though wouldn't be a problem and such an agreement will be the best they'll get because everyone else in for him is likely to be a championship club next season and won't agree to such a fee on that basis

he was one of the best midfielders in the championship for udders last season cant believe some of our fans know nothing about him 10m is a good price but has to be on our terms we can only agree to that deal if the word promoted is in it
This is how much I know of him, I didn’t even know he was at Huddersfield last year, I assumed he was at Forest. Huddersfield were a good side but can’t say I can remember him standing out above other Huddersfield players or our players but I only watched them twice when we played them as I never watched Huddersfield live on tv, don’t watch championship games unless we are involved.

He must be good seeing as so many rate him but £10 million? Was just reading they paid £10 million combined for both him and Harry Toffolo, and now just 6 months later O’Brien is worth £10 million himself? even though he can’t get into the side. Some increase tbf. But if he can help get us up he will be worth it.

This is how much I know of him, I didn’t even know he was at Huddersfield last year, I assumed he was at Forest. Huddersfield were a good side but can’t say I can remember him standing out above other Huddersfield players or our players but I only watched them twice when we played them as I never watched Huddersfield live on tv, don’t watch championship games unless we are involved.

He must be good seeing as so many rate him but £10 million? Was just reading they paid £10 million combined for both him and Harry Toffolo, and now just 6 months later O’Brien is worth £10 million himself? even though he can’t get into the side. Some increase tbf. But if he can help get us up he will be worth it.

Gives some indication as to what he can do and the type of player he is.

Agree on the finances, does seem to over-value him by a few million potentially but he's the type of player (one of the best at this level) that we'd need to sign anyway. Fleck & Osborn won't be here if we get promoted, so we'd need to fill that gap anyway.

If PH gives this the green light and the current and new owners don't, it'd be really poor from them.

no you cant have watched much championship football last season but he was outstanding for udders and definetly in top 5 midfielders would be a great fleck replacement for us and actually reminds me of fleck when he first signed for us mcatee wont be coming back to us anyway and seing as hes now injured o brien would slot in that left midfield area perfectly imo

no you cant have watched much championship football last season but he was outstanding for udders and definetly in top 5 midfielders would be a great fleck replacement for us and actually reminds me of fleck when he first signed for us mcatee wont be coming back to us anyway and seing as hes now injured o brien would slot in that left midfield area perfectly imo
I went to Huddersfield away and was sat with a Bradford fan who was telling me all about O'Brien before the game. Really raved about him. That made me watch his performance more closely and he had a fantastic game.

May 2016, development team final V Huddersfield. the one where Wilder and Knill were introduced.
we had Brookes, Whiteman, Adams ,Reed ,Ramsdale and Kennedy. They had O'Brien on their Team, him and Brookes stood out as best on pitch.

Another midfielder that watches Norwood spray the ball about. Hopefully he can win 2nd balls, give it Norwood and rinse and repeat

Sky sports now reporting we are in negotiation's for him. I thought WBA was to be his destination.

Gives some indication as to what he can do and the type of player he is.

Agree on the finances, does seem to over-value him by a few million potentially but he's the type of player (one of the best at this level) that we'd need to sign anyway. Fleck & Osborn won't be here if we get promoted, so we'd need to fill that gap anyway.

If PH gives this the green light and the current and new owners don't, it'd be really poor from them.

Looks like a cross between Monty and Mark Duffy to me .

Ah’m oreight wi’ that . :)

Quite a love child that!

Monty and Duffy are so far apart in terms of footballing ability it is hard to see anyone filling that void!

Exactly so - that’s why I like him and did so when he was at Udders .

Harries , hustles and likes to get a foot in a la Monty but also likes to run with the ball and deliver a killer pass .

Mange tout , Rodney . :)

Sky sports now reporting we are in negotiation's for him. I thought WBA was to be his destination.

WBA were only able to take him on loan I think and not keen on having to buy him at the end of the season.

I don't think we can overestimate how significant this one signing could be.

It would confirm the following:

Embargo lifted
Finances might be slightly improved
Berge replaced with a more consistent player
The Prince didn't run off with the Christmas club money
and the Board aren't a bunch of complete and utter helmets.

WBA were only able to take him on loan I think and not keen on having to buy him at the end of the season.
Makes sense they are also in a financial pickle and promotion for them looks much more of a gamble.

I’d be happy if we signed this lad to replace Berge, for half the price too.

By all accounts he excelled at Huddersfield. The Forest fan at work can’t understand why they’re looking to offload him as he’s apparently looked good for them whenever he’s played this season.

There’s not much to nit like about O’Brien. Good feet, carries the ball, loves a tackle and scores the odd rasper!
It concerns me selling Berge cos if we go up our midfield will consist of… Norwood, Fleck, Osborn, Coulibaly and Arblaster.
But if the sale eases the financial troubles and we sign players like O’Brien then I guess it’s the best of a bad situation.

He's a Fleck replacement not a Berge replacement.

Agree.

We'd still need to sign one more to fill the hole left by Berge & Khadra. A right footed attacking midfielder.

Harry Wilson, although a leftie, plays on the right and would be an interesting makeweight if we deal with Fulham. Only as a loan.

A good player.

Are these concerns:

• Not great stats for goals or assists.
  • 5'8, like most of our other midfielders.

Note that I also think players with that height, and shorter, can be fabulous. I also agree that Berge is poor in the air and weak in challenges for a big man.

But it may not be ideal to have only small midfielders to select from, remembering we've just been bullied by a non league side. Thoughts?

Bournemouth and Forest doing crazy things

These 2 really make me angry

Traore signing for bmouth as well as any other fucker they've signed, should make Siriki Dembele available. He's highly viable for us imo.... certainly in the Khadra mould but also in the Berge RW position

Still think Onomah would make more sense though as a direct Berge replacement to give the possibility of going with the deeper midfield 3 that PH seems to favour

Bournemouth and Forest doing crazy things

These 2 really make me angry

Traore signing for bmouth as well as any other fucker they've signed, should make Siriki Dembele available. He's highly viable for us imo.... certainly in the Khadra mould but also in the Berge RW position

Still think Onomah would make more sense though as a direct Berge replacement to give the possibility of going with the deeper midfield 3 that PH seems to favour
not a bad shout ham i liked the look of casey palmer when he came to the lane with coventry

We could do with MGW to have a word in his ‘shell like’ to persuade him to chose us over anyone else. He seemed to enjoy his time with us so the it’s the least he can do to help this get over the line.

Back
Top Bottom