Will we miss Berge?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Always thought Berge was over rated and I don't think he will be.missed. However, if we cash in on Ndiyai I will be fuming and seriously worried about the rest of the season.

Agree about N'Diaye, he did't see much of the ball when he came on today
but he went on 1 run where he dribbled past 4 of their players and nearly scored when it was deflected out for a corner.

Very few people in the game are able to consistently dribble past players so easily.
You always have a chance with N'Diaye in the team because he can create his own chances and score goals from nothing.

Windows can ruin dressing rooms. Take away the players favorite and it can affect the room. Bring in a player can also change the chemistry no matter how good that player is or isn't on the pitch.
It is no wonder Hecky wants to keep them all it is a sign of a together mentality dressing room.

We will miss him and now kadra is gone and we can’t replace either, I worry for us in midfield.

Shades of 1998 when we sold our best players when being almost certain of promotion, it never changes down at the lane. Utterly fucked off with following this club.
nothing like that , we sold 2 ever present key goal scorers who won most of our points for peanuts
we are getting a good amount for a player who had been part time in our team and whos impact was nothing like the 2 we sold

its how football works , decent players get poached by offering wages we cant offer
Burnley lost players , most championship teams have to sell

Sander won’t go, he doesn’t want to, he’s settled in Sheffield…I would think the pound prince will have to look elsewhere

Yes, some of his performances have been underwhelming. But there’s no denying that when he’s on it, he is a class apart.
The sad thing for me, is that instead of being in control of the situation, we’ve been forced to sell him (probably cheaply) to pay off an overdue debt.

Yes, there are only 3 players that can beat a man, Berge, Ndiaye, and Bogle. Having said that, Berge plays the handbrake on 80% of the time.

We will miss him not least just for the numbers.

Without anyone new we have Norwood, Osborn, McAtee, Doyle, and now Coulibaly (Bit of unknown) and Fleck when fit (Been injured a fair bit this season) to pick from.
If we did get Lewis O'Brien as replacement then this would be good in terms of some quality back into the team.

I'm fearful that we will see Berge leave, Iliman leave and barely anything back in....

Whereas Adkins was talking rubbish when he said Hammond did a lot of unseen work, I think with Berge that is the case. I think Norwood is a lot better player with Berge in and if he goes thr opposition will.be better able to contain Norwood.

Maybe not this year as the gap is so big and everyone else around us fucking up we should still get up

However where we will miss him and illy if he does go, is next year in premier league, in a league where a few moments of skill/magic can be 10 times more significant than in lower leagues

those few moments, and potentially not having those few moments due to who else is left or has come in, they will be badly IMO, illy more but Sander as well

but now it’s just about getting up

Maybe not this year as the gap is so big and everyone else around us fucking up we should still get up

However where we will miss him and illy if he does go, is next year in premier league, in a league where a few moments of skill/magic can be 10 times more significant than in lower leagues

those few moments, and potentially not having those few moments due to who else is left or has come in, they will be badly IMO, illy more but Sander as well

but now it’s just about getting up
Agree with this - in the Prem, Berge's driving runs from midfield and ability to move players out of position would have been one of the few elements in our squad that could open up the opposition.

As it stands the only other X factor is Ndiaye - makes the opponent's task quite simple...stop Illy and you stop Sheff Utd.

We'll certainly need more quality in the midfield to succeed next year.

We'll miss him if/when he goes but if what we've seen of him is the best he can offer, then I'd take the money. I'd much sooner lose him than N'Diaye

Great on his day but for the good that he produces there are too many performances for me where he goes missing, doesn't contribute, neshes out of challenges and ambles around the field.

He could and should be the Norwegian hybrid of Steven Gerrard and Patrick Vieira but just doesn't seem to have the mentality to really take a game by the scruff of the neck when he has all the ability in the world to be so much better and do so much more.

Two different spellings of his name in two posts, how many years has he been here now?
Ndiaye is the worst for that, he's our best player and he still gets 'N'Diaye' and 'Ndaiye'. I get really angry about it for some reason, probably need to sort my life out.

The rumour mill doing it rounds never helps as getting rid of the ridiculous options is just the start. The 2 most recent ones are Newcastle & Fulham. Newcastle rumoured proposal of a loan turning into full transfer is insulting. Realistically both of them are owned by Billionaires and we should be holding out to either full release clause
£35 Mill and/or loan deal to us of another midfielder till end of the season with wages paid by other club or exchange of player.

Berge has shown sheer quality and if surrounded by it, I can see him being a very good Premiership player, the problem is he is probably either him or Ndiaye are the best in the squad and Berge has to get the best out of everyone to have a noticeable decent game, will he be missed... one word answer yes.... is he replaceable one word answer... yes. At the moment we don't have a pot to piss in but keep Berge fit it wouldn't matter come April.

Yes, massively. This game illustrates why. Norwood and Doyle are pressed and they wack it like a hot potato. Anywhere will do. Ale house.

Berge gets it and he shimmies, glides and plays it to a United player, or carries it effectively. Both aspects linking the midfield and defence and stopping teams pressing us and neutralising Norwood.. This gives Norwood so much room which he thrives in. He can also transition from the middle into the final third. With the exception of Ndiaye/Mcattee we have nobody that can do this.

The game completely bypassed our midfield out of possession today - it's a bit rich calling Berge having watched that. They never won a header, tackle or engaged the opponents at all. A colander. We are very much dependent on incomings now as our midfield is much easier to nullify

I can see us eventually changing shape and becoming much more pragmatic.
The process has already started been hoofball for a while, with odd bits of quality from the best few players in the side managing to get us the results IMO

We'll undoubtedly miss him.
He's a step up on almost every other midfielder in this division.
He breaks lines with his dribbling and delivers into good areas. He is a composed finisher. He looks after the ball.

He has a lot of weaknesses as we all know, he goes missing in games, isn't great without the ball, struggles in any system that isn't tailored to him...
but let's not kid ourselves and think we'll be better off for losing a £20m player. Nobody we are able to bring in will plug that gap in quality.

Last edited:

Obviously. He's one of our better players. It's absolutely bizarre to see so many people pretending that this isn't the case.

Back
Top Bottom