McBurnie yesterday

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'm getting this on here before tomorrow...

I've been saying it for a very long time now but he really really really is fucking useless.
You could have picked any Blade out of the traveling support, stuck the lovely new away kit on them, given them a pair of boots that didn't fit and they would have had as much impact on the game as that useless piece of shite did!
He is the epitome of a useless footballer, in fact he's taken it to a completely different level.
He can't run, he can't pass, he can't jump....
He just jogs around and is never near the play.

OK, before anyone jumps in he wasn't the only under performing player out there today, But...
When he came on we went backwards, like playing with 10 men and a traffic cone.
He a liability and nothing more than detrimental to the team, a negative who offers absolutely nothing to the game.

The sooner he's gone the better all round.

Fuck knows what he does in training to justify even being near the bench as surely anyone can see his complete lack of ability when he is on the pitch!

I'm sick of hearing every excuse in the book for this complete waste of a shirt:
He's injured, he's coming back from injury, he's had COVID, he's not fit....if he's not fit what the fuck is he doing on the bench???

" Our number 9, he scores goals"!!!!

Nothing in that sentence is even remotely correct!

If he's on the team sheet next game I doubt I'll even watch, because if he is we really have reached the bottom of the barrel.
My feelings on Mcburnie are well documented but he only got 10 minutes. I was more pissed off that Khadra was pitch side waiting to come on for 5 minutes before being sat down.

My feelings on Mcburnie are well documented but he only got 10 minutes. I was more pissed off that Khadra was pitch side waiting to come on for 5 minutes before being sat down.
And a 10 minutes that proved decisive in the game.

2 bad errors of judgement have cost us 2 points today. His 10 minute cameo was one of them.

The specific error of his happens all too frequently if you care to watch carefully. So
It’s not a one off occurrence.

UTB

I don't like to go in on our players but McBurnie makes it so hard to give him a free pass.

We're not asking him to enter the fray with a quick two goal salvo to put the game out of sight.

We just ask him to hold the ball up a bit, help the minutes tick away and add his sizeable height to help the defence.

He then wanders towards the ball from a set-piece in a way akin to how an U-10s team might all chase the ball. In doing so he gets nowhere near and by nowhere I mean some proper yardage away and then leaves the goalscorer with time and space to pick his spot.

We all know he is dim off the field and continuously getting himself into situations he shouldn't. He is our proverbial Balotelli "why always me?"

But Jesus man. Is it so hard to concentrate on being a footballer for 15 minutes to see your side home. What did he think his purpose was when they got a free kick and he was in our box?

To think Jebbo, who may actually hold some hope of getting better, or Osula, had to make way for this lad.

It is an awfully bitter pill to swallow with his contract running down to consider 20m of our money and what we could have done with it may walk out the door for nothing but when Brighton may see Maupay leave for 15m having spent 20m+ on him, we have to accept that barring a minor miracle, we need to plan without this guy, and asap.

Despite our abject start last season, but for that spell when Sharp wasn't fit and we relied on McBurnie, we still night have gone up.

If we could give him away and save his 28k per week wages, this would even be a triumph.

The best thing that can happen is he gets locked up in the next few week for 6 months United cancel his contract then sue him for some kind of breach of contract that is the only way we could get some money back for him.

I don't blame McBurnie too much his last game for us was V Bournemouth in early April I think so other than a kick about with the U23's he hasn't kicked a ball in five months and is going to be nowhere near fit. On the goals we conceded you have to ask who was supposed to be marking scorer Akpom who lost his marker both times. The biggest question marks goes against Hecky and McCall, just what were they thinking making a sub when we are about to defend a set piece? Why when Boro are chasing the game did we bring on McBurnie when Khadra a kid with plenty of pace to exploit gaps Boro are bound to leave is sat on the bench? How the hell can McBurnie be more ready than Khadra when he has hardly kicked a ball for five months? I'm not saying McBurnie is a world beater who should start or anything like that he has been pretty shite all last season but Hecky does him no favours bringing him on yesterday when there were far better options on the bench.

Hecky does him no favours bringing him on yesterday when there were far better options on the bench.
The rationale was obvious- bring on McB who despite being totally inept as a striker- has been good at defending - so much so jokingly there are lots of threads saying play McB at Centre Back- so Hecky was actually putting on another defender of set pieces. Good theory but in practice- McB was never at the races.

With hindsight easy to say should have done this or that - but Hecky didn't do anything wrong, McB did.

I think now McB will be seen when we are 1 down 5 mins to go- desperation sub, then offloaded at end of season to a Div 1 team. - we thought he was going to be good- he's not hes terrible- lets move on and forget him- nothing against the lad even with his silly off field antics - irrelevant if he does it on pitch- but he doesn't he can't - disappointing beyond belief but hey ho that's football.

I don't blame McBurnie too much his last game for us was V Bournemouth in early April I think so other than a kick about with the U23's he hasn't kicked a ball in five months and is going to be nowhere near fit. On the goals we conceded you have to ask who was supposed to be marking scorer Akpom who lost his marker both times. The biggest question marks goes against Hecky and McCall, just what were they thinking making a sub when we are about to defend a set piece? Why when Boro are chasing the game did we bring on McBurnie when Khadra a kid with plenty of pace to exploit gaps Boro are bound to leave is sat on the bench? How the hell can McBurnie be more ready than Khadra when he has hardly kicked a ball for five months? I'm not saying McBurnie is a world beater who should start or anything like that he has been pretty shite all last season but Hecky does him no favours bringing him on yesterday when there were far better options on the bench.
Fit or not, McBurnie shouldn't be anywhere near the squad because he's absolutely useless!
His performance yesterday just added weight to my argument that he is completely incapable of being a footballer!
He offers nothing! He's a liability!
You'd get more input in a game from a training cone!

I defy anyone to defend him based on that pathetic cameo performance yesterday, never mind any of his other hopeless games!
It really is unforgivable.

But I agree with your point of why did Hecky bring him on with so much talent on the bench and why was McBurnie on the bench in the first place rather than say Osula?

The guy is a complete and utter waste of a contract.

He is absolute dog shit.

How many times does it need to be said. Forgetting yesterday it's clear he just doesn't fit at our club. Right now we're wasting both his time and ours. He could be at a club that can utilise him better and he can maybe thrive more

Can someone tell me if OMc was supposed to be marking someone, whose job was it to attack the ball as it came across?
Whether he was or wasn't, for me it was his overall play during his time on the pitch which just went to prove what an utter and complete shite player he really is!

Can someone tell me if OMc was supposed to be marking someone, whose job was it to attack the ball as it came across?

He definitely wasn't supposed to be marking anyone. He (and McGoldrick) have always been used as the spare man to attack the ball from defensive set pieces.

From the stills, it looks to me like the goal scorer was supposed to be marked by Ahmedhodzic. It's not clear why he isn't tighter on him. Presumably he didn't want to get blocked off.

Marking.png

As it happens, Ahmedhodzic ends up getting blocked by McBurnie (who is attacking the ball, which he's supposed to do - albeit miles away).

Marking 2.png

...leaving a free header, and Ahmedhodzic not tight enough.

Marking 3.png

True, but looking at him 'attacking' a cross which sails at least two foot over his daft head and in the same breath making that decision, leaving Okpom completely unmarked tells all you need to know about how poor the marshalling of our defence can be. Egan needs to take charge. He is an experienced, international defender who has played in the Premier League. Elsewhere, RND is wrestling with one of their players and the two players around the first header are challenging, making it completely viable for him to stay put and defend.

This aint a biggy if we won 2-1. Its still 3 points. But its losing two because of poor footballing acumen, bad organisation and shite strategy which pains me and others (I believe). Its two points we can avoid coughing up and if it's the difference at the end of the season between playoffs of not, automatics or not or even the title, it will be a bitter concession to take.

I get it McBurnie has more professional minutes than I could ever dream of, but we are long term footballing observers and laymen here. We've seen what Basham-Egan-O'Connell and other good central defenders and defending attackers (like Deane, Hulse, Stead and even Porter) can do when called in as auxiliary centreback to shore up pressure and get the ball clear up the pitch. I've said before that McBurnie has done well when in that role but yesterday he was away with the fairies.

pommpey

He definitely wasn't supposed to be marking anyone. He (and McGoldrick) have always been used as the spare man to attack the ball from defensive set pieces.

From the stills, it looks to me like the goal scorer was supposed to be marked by Ahmedhodzic. It's not clear why he isn't tighter on him. Presumably he didn't want to get blocked off.

View attachment 141749

As it happens, Ahmedhodzic ends up getting blocked by McBurnie (who is attacking the ball, which he's supposed to do - albeit miles away).

View attachment 141750

...leaving a free header, and Ahmedhodzic not tight enough.

View attachment 141751
Good points.

Conveniently overlooking the FACT he went for a ball he could never ever win and in doing so, left their CF in acres of space unopposed.

Schoolboy error to which the lad in question is regularly culpable.

Sit tight, leave the ball which he can’t possibly win for others to deal with and the outcome of the phase could be oh so different.

It’s that simple.

He makes a critically bad decision. Dress it up however you so wish !!

UTB

Back
Top Bottom