CONFIRMED Reda Khadra

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We have 21 league matches until the World Cup break. 8 league games plus a cup game in the first 5 weeks. 21 League games in 15 weeks.

Much as I love all these permutations about who will be left out, I think you will need 3/4 combinations to cover all those games in that period- and that's before you consider any injuries.

Well there's nothing in the rules to stop us doing that. Someone has to where the 'keeper's jersey I think but we can deploy them where we want.
Rush Goalie.
Did you guys have to shout “changin’” if you were going use your hands as rush keeper else it was handball and a penalty?

We have 21 league matches until the World Cup break. 8 league games plus a cup game in the first 5 weeks. 21 League games in 15 weeks.

Much as I love all these permutations about who will be left out, I think you will need 3/4 combinations to cover all those games in that period- and that's before you consider any injuries.
The amount of sensible thinking in that post is simply not allowed.

But MGW was playing CF at the back end of last season as we had no strikers. Khadra isn't a CF

I only see Khadra playing if we go 4 at the back.

Wes
Bogle Anel Egan Lowe
Berge Norwood Doyle
Ndiaye Brewster Khadra
Who does he replace in 352?

Wes
Anel Egan Clark
Bogle Norwood Doyle Lowe
Berge
Ndiaye Brewster

This is what I'm struggling with a bit at the moment. Not sure where he fits in. Can't see it myself. We relied on MGW and Ndiaye pressing and tracking back. He's not that kind of player. I presume Ndiaye would be expecting to start as well this year. Even if Berge goes, he's not a AMC.

After how many seasons in the Premier League in a row do you stop thinking about them as playing out of greyhound stadiums and Kent, and start thinking about them as an established top flight club? It's clearly not six, so if not, how many?

When they stop relying on Bloom's £ and can operate on that level with the money they generate. At the minute they are just another Wigan Bournemouth etc etc.

But MGW was playing CF at the back end of last season as we had no strikers. Khadra isn't a CF

Wes
Bogle Anel Egan Lowe
Berge Norwood Doyle
Ndiaye Brewster Khadra

Wes
Anel Egan Clark
Bogle Norwood Doyle Lowe
Berge
Ndiaye Brewster

Brewster or Ndiaye. I dont think MGW was a CF either until forced to push up late in games, similar situ. I think we will play with 1 striker and 2 attacking midfielder types of which he will be one, rotating with either Brewster/Ndiaye.

Agreed. All too often on here, whenever we are linked to a player we hear "I just don't see where he plays if x and y are fit".

Well maybe I have imagined the last couple of seasons (in particular) where x, y, z and countless more have been unavailable.

You can never have too much quality, especially with this division's relentless schedule.

Agreed. All too often on here, whenever we are linked to a player we hear "I just don't see where he plays if x and y are fit".

Well maybe I have imagined the last couple of seasons (in particular) where x, y, z and countless more have been unavailable.

You can never have too much quality, especially with this division's relentless schedule.
I think that argument is defunct now don’t you? Given that all signings (apart from Davies) are starters and upgrades on what we have.

I’m not Fleck/Norwood fan TBH - they’ve been amazing for the club but we need to transmission and last season was far from their best.

Wes
Bogle Anel Egan Lowe
Berge Norwood Doyle
Ndiaye Brewster Khadra

Wes
Anel Egan Clark
Bogle Norwood Doyle Lowe
Berge
Ndiaye Brewster

Its doing my head it actually, although it would be a great problem to have.
Personally I think Osula and Brewster are going to be the ones leading the line which leaves Ndiaye as the obvious choice as a number 10.

The problem then is how wide and deep you play Berge as we all know he's doing a lot better higher up the pitch.
How about your 4 at the back, Doyle holding, behind a 3 of Ndiaye with Berge and Reda (slightly wider) behind my front 2?

Thats me wedging in everyone that I want to see in the side.

With injuries we were shorter than the love child of Ronnie Corbett and Kylie Minogue from Feb - May. With five subs and a packed schedule I think every one of our regulars still here from last season and the new lads gets game time with a couple of exceptions.

The areas where we probably should offload are left back, right back (possibly Seriki on a good loan) and maybe up top - especially if we get in a new CF (either a loan for Jebbo/Osula or sell McBurnie - I don't hate him like some do, but it just hasn't worked out for him with us).

If Berge goes i think we’ll sign someone else too, with extra funds we’ll get another loan in imo to replace Berge, we never really had depth at CAM so i think this is what we’re doing now

Well we finished the season playing a variant of 3-4-3 essentially with Ndiaye-MGW-Berge, albeit Berge dropped deeper at times. Assume Khadra would give Ndiaye competition for that role just off the forward.
That was a 3 - 7 formation as Ndiaye-MGW-Berge are not out and out strikers. The possession drawing out defenders to leaving space for our runners. Khadra will be replacing the MGW role in that formation. - not a like for like replacement as he is at least £25m cheaper. 3 - 7 should be ideal at the beginning of away games to retain possession, avoiding conceding early goals and frustrate home crowds. The 5 subs mean we can change more at any stage of the game. Oppositions with a 442 will struggled to combat it last season.

Maybe, just maybe this recruitment team knew all along the right players to bring in but Wilder thought he knew better.

Yes I’ve made it about him again. Sorry. Obsessed.

It is interesting that Wilder seemed to be apprehensive about looking abroad (bar a couple of exceptions), and now he’s left we’ve started signing from that pool.

Not a slight or anything, just interesting to note.

I think that argument is defunct now don’t you? Given that all signings (apart from Davies) are starters and upgrades on what we have.

I’m not Fleck/Norwood fan TBH - they’ve been amazing for the club but we need to transmission and last season was far from their best.
Not a Norwood fan. Crikey. Quite probably our most instrumental player. There are very few players in the Championship that can dictate a game like Oli Norwood. He's reyt good.

Wes
Bogle Anel Egan Lowe
Berge Norwood Doyle
Ndiaye Brewster Khadra

Wes
Anel Egan Clark
Bogle Norwood Doyle Lowe
Berge
Ndiaye Brewster

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him more central at some point in his career.

Bit like Thierry Henry moving from wing to CF.

Berge was seen as a holding midfielder before we moved him forwards.

Even Michael Higdon fancied himself as a
Striker before moving into retirement.

Maybe, just maybe this recruitment team knew all along the right players to bring in but Wilder thought he knew better.

Yes I’ve made it about him again. Sorry. Obsessed.

Which begs two questions:

Why did the transfer committee green light the signings like they initially didn't with Bogle/Lowe? They had the numbers to overrule so why didn't they?

2) What the hell were they doing last season (only one successful addition, and a shit ton of money wasted at this level)?

Not a Norwood fan. Crikey. Quite probably our most instrumental player. There are very few players in the Championship that can dictate a game like Oli Norwood. He's reyt good.

I don't think he does 'dictate games.'
He can spread it left and right, but often it amounts to very little. Rarely does he get involved further up the pitch.

He actually had a handful of games towards the end of last season where he suddenly looked mobile and got stuck into tackles and kept finding that deep pocket on the right hand side where his deliveries can be dangerous.
That's the Norwood I want to see most weeks. On his game, he's a real talent and as good as anyone at this level in that position.

But unfortunately, without protection, he can still be a bit of a fragility in our side as he lacks legs. I'm hoping that Tommy Doyle really helps out in this regard and that this frees up Norwood to do what he does best.

I don't think he does 'dictate games.'
He can spread it left and right, but often it amounts to very little. Rarely does he get involved further up the pitch.

He actually had a handful of games towards the end of last season where he suddenly looked mobile and got stuck into tackles and kept finding that deep pocket on the right hand side where his deliveries can be dangerous.
That's the Norwood I want to see most weeks. On his game, he's a real talent and as good as anyone at this level in that position.

But unfortunately, without protection, he can still be a bit of a fragility in our side as he lacks legs. I'm hoping that Tommy Doyle really helps out in this regard and that this frees up Norwood to do what he does best.
When Norwood doesn’t play well, we don’t.
When Norwood doesn’t play, we don’t.

Which begs two questions:

Why did the transfer committee green light the signings like they initially didn't with Bogle/Lowe? They had the numbers to overrule so why didn't they?

2) What the hell were they doing last season (only one successful addition, and a shit ton of money wasted at this level)?
I think 2 was because Slav wanted to change the system completely so we had to explore a market of wingers. In Olsen, Hourhaine, Davies we will have spent a fortune in wages & I can't say any of them were particularly influential & all signed in the Slav reign.

There's an argument to also say they're constantly learning from their mistakes & hopefully this season they've got it right

Back
Top Bottom