Uefa Women's Euro 2022 at Bramall Lane

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

My Sunday to have my 3YO next Sunday, I'll be taking him into town as I'm sure HE will love the atmosphere 🤣

I'd love it if the pundits had just started randomly laying into Hillsborough completely out of context.

"I think we can safely say they picked the right Sheffield venue for this game tonight, the Sty is a fucking shitheap, my dad managed up there"

"You're right Gabby, imagine being at that fucking rustbucket on an evening like this"

"Yeah I agree with the both of you, absolute cunt-laden hellscape is what it is"

Actually what Farah said was "Dat sty, O my dayz, total cheese innit? Dis is Gucci doh, fam!"

There is a Christmas Version. Maybe this is the original?

according to wikipedia
The original song was released in 1987, which was followed by the most successful incarnation, a slightly edited version, omitting the Christmas references, created for the soundtrack to the 1990 film Pretty Woman.

It was in the mid-80s and we were still trying to really break through. so our record label EMI in Germany suggested we write a Christmas song. “I wrote the song, whose original title is It Must Have Been Love (Christmas For The Broken Hearted) in 1987. It became a big hit in our home country Sweden, but EMI Germany didn’t go for it, so never released it as a single internationally”.
He recalled being in Los Angeles where a soundtrack was being put together for the hit Julia Roberts and Richard Gere film. He said: “I said I had a great ballad. It’s a Christmas song but we could re-write the lyrics”.

Went to the game tonight. Expected 7/8000 and was amazed by the turnout. All good natured with fans mixing and chanting throughout. One Swedish woman on the kop with a loud haler leading most of the chants. Decent football played and a decent paced game. For a tenner really can’t grumble and would encourage anyone to try and get to any of the other games

Went to the game tonight. Expected 7/8000 and was amazed by the turnout. All good natured with fans mixing and chanting throughout. One Swedish woman on the kop with a loud haler leading most of the chants. Decent football played and a decent paced game. For a tenner really can’t grumble and would encourage anyone to try and get to any of the other games
Definitely agreed.
21, 312 crowd and loud vocal support from the Swedish fans. Generally great atmosphere.

I quoted from official figures and not much in it from this. Those that knocked this event......👍
My take on the entire thing is this is a quality tournament.
Brilliant atmosphere and great football.
A place with fans of both sides sat in peace side by side.
Aaah the men's game is lagging way behind.... 🤣⚽

Really enjoyed being sat in the middle of the Sweden fans on the bottom right of the kop, a drummer and a woman with a megaphone keeping the chants going all game, tremendous atmosphere and a great game of football, think we are sat amongst them again for the game on Wednesday, can't wait.

Yeah but imagine waking up next to her when there's shelves and stuff to put up.

Some great seats on the Kop for next Sunday, limit of 100 tickets per person unfortunately😆 looks like the semi's sold out...

Whatever the thoughts about womens football are it was great for the citys economy yesterday and Sheffield profile in general and it was a real carnival type atmosphere in town, I didn`t go to the game but enjoyed seeing all the fans out in the sunshine and no bother. I just hope they don`t think every summer weather is like that in England.

Well at least it shows United have everything required to host a successful tournament including a fan park which is the thing that apparently swung the sty over us in the World Cup bid.

Next door to the city centre and everything that offers trumps anything the sty has. All that money the local businesses made won’t have gone unnoticed. Using the whole of Division Street along with Devonshire Green, brilliant.

We just need to increase the capacity a tad, which we need to do for the club itself anyway.

Well at least it shows United have everything required to host a successful tournament including a fan park which is the thing that apparently swung the sty over us in the World Cup bid.

Next door to the city centre and everything that offers trumps anything the sty has. All that money the local businesses made won’t have gone unnoticed. Using the whole of Division Street along with Devonshire Green, brilliant.

We just need to increase the capacity a tad, which we need to do for the club itself anyway.
Yep. Thousands of fans putting about a million quid into the city centre economy instead of milling around Hillsborough Park feeding the ducks.
Even this brain dead council can see the benefit of using the Lane over Hillsborough now surely?

Back
Top Bottom