Transfer targets

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

djbaldken

Reaction score
I keep seeing we are after this free agent or that player for a fee.
Betsis saying we need to get player s in early to have a good preseason etc.
Anybody else think like me and we ll get no one we really want and end up with last minute underwhelming deals in

Anybody else think like me and we ll get no one we really want and end up with last minute underwhelming deals in
Don’t panic Mr Mannering

All I’m going to say is we managed to put in offers for 2 players (one with a fee attached) without any reports untill bettis announced it him self. Furthermore we signed uremovic without anyone knowing untill it was announced. I think the club are just very good at keeping thing quiet recently

Could well be right here,the frees that are any good will be mulling over their no doubt numerous offers,so they won't be making a decision any time soon, then there's a good chance they'll go to where money is better than ours,the loans will no doubt be the last week or so of the window as the parent clubs will be sorting their own recruitment before deciding who can go,so it could come down to paying decent money,may be to a LI or L2 club who fancy some cash to tide them over close season and fund a recruitment drive for them.

Spot on .... glad to have someone echoing my view entirely

It may well be that maybe we're not such an attractive club to play for, also wages may be a problem for any prospective free transfer player, especially if there are other clubs sniffing round.
We're going to be one of the favourites for promotion, offering a better salary than 80-90% of the league.

Laughable to suggest we wouldn't be attractive to a Championship-bound player. Certainly the right TYPE of player.

We're going to be one of the favourites for promotion, offering a better salary than 80-90% of the league.

Laughable to suggest we wouldn't be attractive to a Championship-bound player. Certainly the right TYPE of player.
You may well be right,we'll see.

Satdi Sangria session was it?😉

I don't think many clubs have signed players. I do think the event of social media has really created this immediate requirement for something to happen.

20 odd years ago you just had a look at the program on matchday one to find out what you'd signed!

Forest have half a team to replace. They need to get busy. Arguably we don't.

Before anyone moves out we could put the following team out tomorrow:

Foderingham
Basham Egan Robinson
Baldock Norwood Fleck Norrington-Davies
Berge Sharp N'Diaye

Unless we're told otherwise, then we still have the below as back ups who should be available early on even if not for the start:
G: Davies
RWB/LWB: Bogle, Stevens, Lowe, Osborn
CB: Lopata, Gordon
CM: Osborn, Coulibaly, Brunt, Neal, Arblaster, Peck
F: Brewster, Burke, McBurnie, Jebbison, Osula

Yes, there are one or to tweeks needed but we're not in a bad starting place at all.

I don't think many clubs have signed players. I do think the event of social media has really created this immediate requirement for something to happen.

20 odd years ago you just had a look at the program on matchday one to find out what you'd signed!

Foderingham
Basham Egan Robinson
Berge Sharp N'Diaye

Unless we're told otherwise, then we still have the below as back ups who should be available early on even if not for the start:

Yes, there are one or to tweeks needed but we're not in a bad starting place at all.
Seriki?

Foderingham
Basham Egan Robinson
Berge Sharp N'Diaye

True we should actually have a striker up front at the start of the season, can't remember last time we actually said that.

Does Berge leave. Today's Numbers vs Sweden

84 touches 90% pass accuracy (64/71)
11 attempted long balls 8 successful long balls
100% dribble accuracy (4/4)
8 attempted ground duels
6 successful ground duels

Was fantastic today.

I left him out on purpose as I doubt he'll be considered part of the squad.

A very positive spell at Boston. I reckon similar at National or League Two would be good for him.

Doubt he's seen as ready for the Champ.

Similarly I'd imagine the preferred next step for Lopata and Gordon would be a League One or at worst League Two team pushing for promotion. But if we don't get our targets maybe they would stick around the first team squad. Point is that we have options as back up. We just need to see if there is scope to improve upon that.

Has he agreed to stay?

I don't see where he's agreed elsewhere so I guess we expect him to sign unless advised otherwise.

Didn’t it open at the end of the season for EFL teams ? The Premiership window has just opened.
No - “When does the transfer window open? Championship clubs have officially been able to register new players since Friday June 10.

Bit controversial but I dont think we need many new players.

Keeper: zero if Davies stays
Defence: cover for Egan and Basham
Midfield: box to box and MGW loan replacement
Striker : zero but would take Gayle on.loan

So that's 4 assuming others dont.leave, if Berge goes we need another midfielder.

Also I'm thinking Ndiaye would be a more.than adequate.replacement for MGW.

So that's 4 new players at a maximum of which 3 could be loans

Back
Top Bottom