CONFIRMED Aaron Ramsdale sold to Arsenal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

That was a venomous shot from behind a defender, he will have been blind to it plus he will more than likely have expected a strike across the other side of the player, giving him less time to react, I’m not sure many keepers save that?

The keeper arsenal sold to villa for half the price of ramsdale saves that all day long...

Kind of feels like people have been waiting for him to make a rick to justify him leaving.

My call is that he's improved, a good keeper but still with some flaws that need work.

Problem with that is at a club like Arsenal the spotlight is huge and unforgiving

If I was a Arsenal fan i wouldn't be blaming Ramsdale for either goal.

Weak giving ball away in middle of the park.

Where is Drunk Blade.

Aaron Ramsdale let a goal in tonight. He must be seething.

So bad that the Arsenal faithful sang Aaron Ramsdale he's better than you to their former keeper.

Do wonder if being our keeper is harder than being a keeper for most sides.

We seem to have to connect a bit with them.

Is it fair to say that after Kelly, Tracey it was of course Tracey.

Kenny came in and we were happy..
After this we weren't settled with gk till Moore for 1 season. After this only truly satisfied till Henderson for 2 seasons.
Ramsdale did start not great for us but was fairly excellent 2nd half of season and yet many thought he was our worst ever keeper.
Arsenal fans think he could be their next David seaman....

In short we as football fans are fickle.

Where is Drunk Blade.

Aaron Ramsdale let a goal in tonight. He must be seething.

So bad that the Arsenal faithful sang Aaron Ramsdale he's better than you to their former keeper.

He probably still thinks Olsen is a better keeper.

Strange how Arsenal fans have taken to Ramsdale but our fans mainly gave him dogs abuse from day one as they do with Brewster, McBurnie, Berge, Mousset in fact anyone who has come here with a big price tag. Why do our fans eagerly watch for a mistake so they can slag these players and call them shite? In the end it does nothing to support these players and could become aa self fulfilling prophecy. Is it our own fans that drain our players of any confidence?

Strange how Arsenal fans have taken to Ramsdale but our fans mainly gave him dogs abuse from day one as they do with Brewster, McBurnie, Berge, Mousset in fact anyone who has come here with a big price tag. Why do our fans eagerly watch for a mistake so they can slag these players and call them shite? In the end it does nothing to support these players and could become aa self fulfilling prophecy. Is it our own fans that drain our players of any confidence?
There were a few things counting against ramsdale here. First and foremost he wasn’t Henderson which for a small number was unforgivable. Second he cost what for us was a very large fee and took a while to get going. Third he was an academy graduate we had previously sold and so some saw it as paying a large fee for something that had already been ours making it worse than paying that on a different player. None of it was really logical but they were definitely the things that were levelled at him. Contrast that with arsenal they’ve paid what for them is a middle of the road fee for him and brought him in to replace a goalkeeper who was no longer popular.

You obviously know Nothing of Ramsdale,or his"camp"
There is no transfer request,there has been no interviews, as of last night in Swansea where his family watched him play as with every game his family go he was in good fettle and happy.
As for being a blade maybe if you could be bothered you may find out the back story of Ramsdales journey to Sheffield and his return to the city.
Dont think facts are a strong point.

Hmm.... Hate to say I told you so albinonick...

Refer to his latest interview to determine how happy he was.

Why would he be?
He never asked to be sold the first time! On Chris Wilders wedding day!
He hasnt asked to be sold this time!!
Why the Fuck are you so hell bent on decimating this 23yr old lad.
I said id talk to you at the baggies on wednesday and you threw in Are you the hard man!!
No i aint, the lad wants to play football his passion his reason for being, He will be a great for Sheffield utd unless he is sold thats Not in his control.
So please by all means discuss and speculate but PLEASE dont put whats going on at Aarons door (feet).

Except that he did ask to be sold...

Except that he did ask to be sold...
It was obviouse he would be sold with all the speculation about us needing to raise funds.
He knew it and to ask to go would cut his cut of the transfer fee.
He's had an amazing two and a half years with more to come .
Will be interesting following his career in the future if his heads swelled a bit is that surprising?.
Great lad ! Great goalie!.

It was obviouse he would be sold with all the speculation about us needing to raise funds.
He knew it and to ask to go would cut his cut of the transfer fee.
He's had an amazing two and a half years with more to come .
Will be interesting following his career in the future if his heads swelled a bit is that surprising?.
Great lad ! Great goalie!.

Not sure I'd necessarily describe him as a great lad. Coming across as a right arrogant nobhead since leaving and has had nothing good to say about the club that developed him. He's taken it on another step today. albinonick , his very own little PR machine on here, turned out to be full of bollocks as I assumed.

Humility, discretion, credibility and appreciation. That's what's needed.

Last season was shite for all concerned, none enjoyed it - fans or players. Show gratitude for the opportunity you had lad, to play regular PL football, and for a side that stuck by you when you had blips. Show appreciation for remaining in work earning a luxurious wage, when many lost employment due to lockdown. Show humility to know that your career is dependent on those who assisted you along the way.

We rescued the wanker from Championship ignominy and spunked yet another 18m on someone who habitually dived late, dived elaborately or didn't dive at all in most cases. That Rashford goal was a case in question. Straight under his fucking body.

Nice to see he's doing splendidly now but I see a fall from goalkeeping grace much the same as the majestic Joe Hart, now between the sticks at Celtic. Once upon a time he was the cat's twat in the net for club and country and like many before him ... David James is another ... looked fucking dodgy as fuck when faced with long range grasscutters or harmless shots which roll through their fucking legs. Ramsdale still has that in him. Arsenal have yet to discover it and you never know, it may be in the 85th minute in a crucial cup final with the scores still level.

pommpey

We rescued the wanker from Championship ignominy and spunked yet another 18m on someone who habitually dived late, dived elaborately or didn't dive at all in most cases. That Rashford goal was a case in question. Straight under his fucking body.

Nice to see he's doing splendidly now but I see a fall from goalkeeping grace much the same as the majestic Joe Hart, now between the sticks at Celtic. Once upon a time he was the cat's twat in the net for club and country and like many before him ... David James is another ... looked fucking dodgy as fuck when faced with long range grasscutters or harmless shots which roll through their fucking legs. Ramsdale still has that in him. Arsenal have yet to discover it and you never know, it may be in the 85th minute in a crucial cup final with the scores still level.

pommpey

I just think there's a way that the lad should carry himself, Pomps, and this isn't it.

His circumstances last season were no more awful than the rest of us/the squad, he's no more hard done to, we suffered together. The rest keep their council and get on with it.

He could do well to look at Henderson, in every facet of his game and professionalism.

pommpey
Not a huge fan then !

Back
Top Bottom