CONFIRMED Aaron Ramsdale sold to Arsenal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I posted a few weeks ago the Ramsdale was going nowhere. I was wrong. That said, my view of the game is a bit old fashioned and I am naive to expect any loyalty from an employee.

Sadly, football is a business and Sheffield United is little more than an SME in the modern game.
I wish Rammers all the best at his age, and if football is a business, this is good for him. Like many before him, he has gone to the dark side. I genuinely hope it treats him well. 🤷‍♂️

Utter madness, we wouldn't sell a top goalscorer who could bag 20 goals a season, but we can happily let go a goal stopper worth the same. starting with at least 2 the other night.

Sorry, goalscorer would could bag 20 goals a season, you understand is completely fictional.

Let's be fair, it's a huge move for the lad, on a huge scale. A sizeable step forward in career terms and earnings.

Arsenal are a spent force and nowhere near the league's elite, and haven't been for many many years. They are devoid of a spine, leaders, grit. But they are a step up for him. He'll arguably do well and move on from them in a few years again, they are a stepping stone now. Top tier: City, Liverpool, Chelsea. Next tier: Manchester United (but on the up), Spurs (but on the decline). Third their: Leicester, Arsenal and others.

The story a few weeks ago was that he wanted to stay, and that much was true. Since then, money and agents have had their influence.

Wh
I posted a few weeks ago the Ramsdale was going nowhere. I was wrong. That said, my view of the game is a bit old fashioned and I am naive to expect any loyalty from an employee.

Sadly, football is a business and Sheffield United is little more than an SME in the modern game.
I wish Rammers all the best at his age, and if football is a business, this is good for him. Like many before him, he has gone to the dark side. I genuinely hope it treats him well. 🤷‍♂️

When you get relegated it's almost inevitable that a club from the league you are leaving will look to sign any 'gems.'

In the case of Ramsdale it's good business for us. If either of our 2 back ups don't prove to be up to it some of that money needs to be spent on a replacement of course.

From the player's point of view it's a good move also.

Good luck to him made a tidy profit of the lad. Time to move on

Best of luck to him as I’ve said elsewhere hope to see him back watching the blades when he gets chance

Due to Rammers young age, I wouldn't be at all surprised if our paths didn't cross again and I don't mean on opposite sides. Should we do well in the next two, three seasons and find ourselves back in the Prem and Rammers although doing well, but not well enough for the gooners, I can see him coming back at some stage. Although he's not a born Blade, I do feel he has close ties to the club and one day he may jump at the chance of a return if/when the time is right.

Pissed off from a club perspective but happy for the lad. I'll admit I had my doubts after his first few games but he has come in to his own, got himself the spot behind Hendo in the England squad and now moves to a bigger club. Fair play to the fella and good luck to him, deserves it.

Now from our perspective since now we're left with Verrips, Rammers can fuck off never liked him anyway...

We’ve had their pants down with that fee, he’s not a great keeper, he did get better as the season went on last year but he‘s so slow at diving, throwing himself to the floor after the ball hit the net…comical really.

He’s still young and could improve so god luck to him with that.

Worth every bit Arsenal paid based on his performances recently, he’s just pulled off another brilliant save against Palace

Just let a really shit shot in that was straight down the middle, happy with the business we did with him Olsen is a better all round keeper
That was a venomous shot from behind a defender, he will have been blind to it plus he will more than likely have expected a strike across the other side of the player, giving him less time to react, I’m not sure many keepers save that?

That was a venomous shot from behind a defender, he will have been blind to it plus he will more than likely have expected a strike across the other side of the player, giving him less time to react, I’m not sure many keepers save that?
I was just telling my lad how when I played in the net how I caught one just like that.

Shit shot at about 100mph in off the bar?
Would have liked to see you save it Drunk blade

Come on its a poor goal for a professional keeper to concede, 100mph 😂😂 more like 40mph and it went on straight in the middle of the goal. Wes or Olsen save that imo

Even the commentator said ramsdale should have saved it

Back
Top Bottom