CONFIRMED Aaron Ramsdale sold to Arsenal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sorry mate, I’ve just smoked a bit of weed and I don’t really understand that.

Yeah it's a bit confusing that to be fair 🤣

Was just trying to say that all our potential profits are almost entirely dependent on something that hasn't happened for 12 months - this team performing at a high level for an extended period.

Happy with the fee, honestly think he'll end up somewhere like Palace for 7 or 8 million in a few years. Good keeper but I just think that fan base will destroy him on a much larger scale than we did with Long.

Worst club he could have gone to for his career prospects

Let's have it right.

for the first 20/25 games last season Rammers was worse than a disabled seal in goal, dived in instalments, flapped at crosses, couldn't kick and was universally ripped to shreds by most Unitedites every week.

He then had a few good games and performances towards the end of the season which were long overdue. On top of that injuries to other keepers saw him drafted into the Euro squad and all of a sudden, Blades fans are puffing out their chests in pride at "our Rammers"....

Ramsdale has got potential granted and I hope he fulfills it but personally I think we have had Arsenal's pants down.

If we can get a decent replacement he will soon be forgotten as he gets splinters on Arsenal's bench.

for the first 20/25 games last season Rammers was worse than a disabled seal in goal, dived in instalments, flapped at crosses, couldn't kick and was universally ripped to shreds by most Unitedites every week.
Yes it was a hard watch right from the first game v Wolves. Sure he improved but watching him dive 5 seconds too late v Birmingham this season was a tough reminder. We can do better.

Good luck to him.

I think the fee is fair. I was as critical as anyone over the first half of last season (when he looked like a league 1 keeper at best) but he massively improved and looked a solid PL Player from Christmas on.

he’s showed the mental resilience to come through it, so am sure this will stand him in good stead.

That said, not sure if his value would ever get much higher and I think the money could be better spend giving this squad a much needed makeover.

In his position, I'd have probably done the same, even if Arsenal are a basket case club these days, you pocket the cash when it's on offer.

He was nothing spectacular for us in either of his spells, poor in fact at the start of last season. Only problem is that he was still streets ahead of Verrips, Foderingham or Eastwood so we'd better have someone ready to step in or step up.

Hi Stegosaurus here,

I give it 6 weeks until my Arsenal supporting cousin, Gallimimus, starts a "Ramsdale--our worst signing ever?" thread on the Gunners board.

Anyone thinking this is a good deal need to consider two things.

1. Given this has been on the cards for weeks, you’d think we would have an immediate replacement lined up to come straight in. Worrying

2. We are left with quite possibly some of the worst keeper options in the league, at a time when we should be taking advantage of increased revenues over most the league. Keeper is an essential position to get right.

Spin it however you like, but selling players and looking at loans instead is a terrible business plan. We need a buyer to come in for the club and save us from the inevitable erosion of assets and drop down the league. The sound bites about not needing to sell aren’t fooling me or the clubs around us, yes they managed to bank a bit extra fee this time but to the clear detriment of the team and it’s prospects of success.

Let's have it right.

He then had a few good games and performances towards the end of the season which were long overdue. On top of that injuries to other keepers saw him drafted into the Euro squad and all of a sudden, Blades fans are puffing out their chests in pride at "our Rammers"....

Ramsdale has got potential granted and I hope he fulfills it but personally I think we have had Arsenal's pants down.

If we can get a decent replacement he will soon be forgotten as he gets splinters on Arsenal's bench.
hard to argue with any of that. I'm sure someone will come along and tell you that you've missed the "big " picture though

Hi Stegosaurus here,

I give it 6 weeks until my Arsenal supporting cousin, Gallimimus, starts a "Ramsdale--our worst signing ever?" thread on the Gunners board.
Be better off with Gunnersaurus the net

The transfer few is the 9th highest for a goalkeeper. Hard to see how we could have got more.

Real issue is making sure we use it well.

yeah good luck rammers good move for him and a good deal for the club no way we would have got more than 24m for him for all those saying its a bad deal

Back
Top Bottom